Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Has anyone managed to get a stop over added to a partner reward? Say for instance DEL-CDG-AGP and staying 3-4 days in CDG?

I am gonna give it a shot. Its just impossible trying to ticket a normal award so lets see how this goes
9 days along and still waiting for them to get in touch.

3 reminder emails sent with one cc'd to Customer services who replied to say I should take this up with JP. Funny I thought they were there to look after any customer issues.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
9 days along and still waiting for them to get in touch.

3 reminder emails sent with one cc'd to Customer services who replied to say I should take this up with JP. Funny I thought they were there to look after any customer issues.
JP no-bots can't think for themselves, unfortunately!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just got a email after sending in a reminder (so they must be checking the incoming emails???)

What a bunch of plonkers though

This is with reference to your email dated March 18, 2013.

Allow us to mention that there are no partner flights operating for your route
Do they even check before hitting reply?????

Not giving up. Reply sent.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Just got a email after sending in a reminder (so they must be checking the incoming emails???)

What a bunch of plonkers though

Do they even check before hitting reply?????

Not giving up. Reply sent.
I have to start checking out if AI's program is even viable domestically - I have no problems with their flights now...but they have started pulling out the biz seats on some aircraft, which sucks...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I would suggest you buy a lottery ticket too. You seem to be having a very lucky day.
here is the interesting bit....the bom - ewr ticket set me back 94k miles & inr 17k in taxes & fees....but i also have to get to bom so i tried to get del-bom-ewr in one reservation & it quoted me 110800 miles & inr 32k in taxes & fees....

that didn't seem right so i booked del - bom separately & paid 16800 miles & inr 2,200 in taxes & fees....so the whole thing now cost me about 111k miles & inr 19k....god knows what reason 9w has for trying to squeeze out an extra inr 13k for the del - bom route....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
JP no-bots can't think for themselves, unfortunately!
See with all other programs this happens, I have even had other reps tell me that a airport does not exist but you are on the phone with them and can guide them. With JP its a pain stacking slow process of email.

Anyway deep breath taken and email reply sent. I ain't giving up so easily on this one.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
here is the interesting bit....the bom - ewr ticket set me back 94k miles & inr 17k in taxes & fees....but i also have to get to bom so i tried to get del-bom-ewr in one reservation & it quoted me 110800 miles & inr 32k in taxes & fees....

that didn't seem right so i booked del - bom separately & paid 16800 miles & inr 2,200 in taxes & fees....so the whole thing now cost me about 111k miles & inr 19k....god knows what reason 9w has for trying to squeeze out an extra inr 13k for the del - bom route....
They need to overhaul their entire job flow.

Have you flown them long haul recently? How are the loads? I was speaking with one of the biggest TA's (for traffic to India) and he says that they are doing really well now and basically charging what they want.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mr G is a clever business man though you got to admit it. His tactical master plan of putting idiots in charge of JP so that people give up trying to redeem their miles is working wonders.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
See with all other programs this happens, I have even had other reps tell me that a airport does not exist but you are on the phone with them and can guide them. With JP its a pain stacking slow process of email.

Anyway deep breath taken and email reply sent. I ain't giving up so easily on this one.
its a painful process....i sent in a partner redemption request over a month ago that still hasn't been resolved....i asked for 2 flights & didn't hear back from them for a while....

after a few weeks i call them & they inform me they have already made the reservation....i asked them how i am supposed to know that if they don't get back to me....i don't get a response to that question that makes sense....

anyway, it turns out that they have only made one reservation & not the second one....i ask them what is happening with the second reservation & they say they have not received that request....i ask how that is possible since both requests were on the same form....again, i don't get a reply that makes any sense....

finally, i ask them to go ahead with the second reservation as well....another couple of week go by & then last week on friday i get a call saying that both my reservations are done but they have made the second reservation in economy when i asked for business....they are also charging me $65 is taxes & fees when united is selling that flight in economy for about $100....i tell them i want the reservation in business but it has now almost been a week & i have not heard back from them....

i'm not giving up either but i think they try to push you over the edge on purpose....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

its a painful process....i sent in a partner redemption request over a month ago that still hasn't been resolved....i asked for 2 flights & didn't hear back from them for a while....

after a few weeks i call them & they inform me they have already made the reservation....i asked them how i am supposed to know that if they don't get back to me....i don't get a response to that question that makes sense....

anyway, it turns out that they have only made one reservation & not the second one....i ask them what is happening with the second reservation & they say they have not received that request....i ask how that is possible since both requests were on the same form....again, i don't get a reply that makes any sense....

finally, i ask them to go ahead with the second reservation as well....another couple of week go by & then last week on friday i get a call saying that both my reservations are done but they have made the second reservation in economy when i asked for business....they are also charging me $65 is taxes & fees when united is selling that flight in economy for about $100....i tell them i want the reservation in business but it has now almost been a week & i have not heard back from them....

i'm not giving up either but i think they try to push you over the edge on purpose....
I couldn't help but laugh out loud when reading this. Its so funny as its true. Hang in there ^
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:19 am

That's why I called them "no-bots" - they say "no" all the time, period.

Yep.

Have you flown them long haul recently? How are the loads? I was speaking with one of the biggest TA's (for traffic to India) and he says that they are doing really well now and basically charging what they want.
They are almost always full. No idea why, but even this mutual fund guy sitting to me on a Jet flight recently said that he paid 3.5L to get to EWR and back in Premiere!

(The dimwit didn't realize he could have flown on LH in F for that kind of money! - actually *less* at times.)

Mr G is a clever business man though you got to admit it. His tactical master plan of putting idiots in charge of JP so that people give up trying to redeem their miles is working wonders.
^

No - it's really because most of them are too stupid, unfortunately!

However, there are a few reasonable characters, but they are few and hard to come by...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the last time i flew them long haul was about 6 months ago in september-october....if i remember correctly first only had 2 passengers (including me) on del-lhr & premire was about 80% full on bru-del....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:10 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
They are almost always full. No idea why, but even this mutual fund guy sitting to me on a Jet flight recently said that he paid 3.5L to get to EWR and back in Premiere!

(The dimwit didn't realize he could have flown on LH in F for that kind of money! - actually *less* at times.)
It wasn't me
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

the last time i flew them long haul was about 6 months ago in september-october....if i remember correctly first only had 2 passengers (including me) on del-lhr & premire was about 80% full on bru-del....
80% is not bad for a premium product.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

80% is not bad for a premium product.
since then i have flown long haul on ai, ek, rj, kl & dl where loads have been 100% in business....i can't even remember the last 9w flight where every seat in business or first was sold out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.