Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
since then i have flown long haul on ai, ek, rj, kl & dl where loads have been 100% in business....i can't even remember the last 9w flight where every seat in business or first was sold out....
I flew PNQ to DEL two months back and they waited till check-in to confirm my upgrade. I was the only person in business. This airlines revenue management team are nuts.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:39 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
This reminds me of how air India works for staff travel. A little off topic but still relevant. Tickets are subject to availability but no matter what the loads are boarding pass will only be issued once counter closes for normal check in. This would make sense if there are only 2-3 seats available but there have been times when 20-30 seats are available and they have gone on to the extent of saying no seats are available. It's as if they magically expect 20 people to show up last minute.

Foreign airlines (tk, mh ) have issued boarding passes upto 5 hours before departure on similar tickets. It's either an indian thing or 9w is pretty much on track to be the next IC. The phrase "no one is bothered" is pretty apt here.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:36 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Just managed to find a F seat for DEL-LHR and a J from BRU-DEL for a summer trip this year! YQ not disimilar to what LH and BA are charging.

So all in all quite happy. Infact, quite surprised at the many days on which (one) F seat is available both to/from LHR.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Reality:

Jet is only a regional airline attempting to aspire to be an international carrier, but has failed on many fronts.

I personally vouched for Jet to the LH CEO (new at the time, never knew who he was) Franz when we were traveling together!

I have supported Jet for many, many, years, but it's now time to face the facts...

F&F before their *paying*, *loyal* customers??

No way, Jos!

Almost all of us have experienced this frustration with JP and award availability, despite the "scraps" they provide us on occasion - as in AJLondon's post above/below this one.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Mar 21, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Foreign airlines (tk, mh ) have issued boarding passes upto 5 hours before departure on similar tickets. It's either an indian thing or 9w is pretty much on track to be the next IC. The phrase "no one is bothered" is pretty apt here.
Actually, LH makes their employees/F&F wait at the gate, where they then process the standby tickets after most pax have boarded.

Why can't paying pax/loyal elites get the first choice like on LH?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
It wasn't me
No, another one...

I know you, dude!

Btw, bring anything?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Reality:

Jet is only a regional airline attempting to aspire to be an international carrier, but has failed on many fronts.
Strongly agree.

Almost all of us have experienced this frustration with JP and award availability, despite the "scraps" they provide us on occasion.
Disagree! Personally, I have been very happy with the long-haul J/F availability over the last few months. Managed to redeem over 700k JP miles on DEL-YYZ-DEL and EWR-BRU-DEL in J. DEL-LHR-DEL in F (x 2) and this most recent DEL-LHR and BRU-DEL in June / July this year. I actually had a choice of 10 days of availability in F for the 2 week period I checked. Very impressive and I certainly would not call it "scraps".
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Disagree! Personally, I have been very happy with the long-haul J/F availability over the last few months. Managed to redeem over 700k JP miles on DEL-YYZ-DEL and EWR-BRU-DEL in J. DEL-LHR-DEL in F (x 2) and this most recent DEL-LHR and BRU-DEL in June / July this year. I actually had a choice of 10 days of availability in F for the 2 week period I checked. Very impressive and I certainly would not call it "scraps".
Single traveler bias, I would think...

Try getting 2 seats in F on 9w as an award - no chance there.

I have seen 4 x LH F seats available at one time to redeem on at least 3 *A partners, apart from M&M.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:32 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Btw, bring anything?
Nope. By the time I'd get out of work everyday, the hard working dutchmen would have gone home, and it would be only 1800 hours.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:05 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Actually, LH makes their employees/F&F wait at the gate, where they then process the standby tickets after most pax have boarded.

Why can't paying pax/loyal elites get the first choice like on LH?
This is the best system unfortunately wish it could come to India. However it does happen for really really close family when there are no seats left and you are waiting for a web check in to not show up. But that's about it.

I wish flying returns also goes back to the as long as their are seats available you can redeem. The programme has become extremely horrible for y redemption.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
This reminds me of how air India works for staff travel. A little off topic but still relevant. Tickets are subject to availability but no matter what the loads are boarding pass will only be issued once counter closes for normal check in. This would make sense if there are only 2-3 seats available but there have been times when 20-30 seats are available and they have gone on to the extent of saying no seats are available. It's as if they magically expect 20 people to show up last minute.
i experienced this a few years ago on a del-dxb flight....there were about 20 of us traveling for a family wedding & my aunt (a long time ai employee) was on standby with her son while the rest of us checked in....there were still tons of seats available but they wouldn't issue them a boarding pass till the very last minute....on board i counted atleast 20 seats that were empty....

there was really no reason to make them wait till the counters closed, because like you rightly said, 20 people would not magically show up at the last minute....
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:09 am

i experienced this a few years ago on a del-dxb flight....there were about 20 of us traveling for a family wedding & my aunt (a long time ai employee) was on standby with her son while the rest of us checked in....there were still tons of seats available but they wouldn't issue them a boarding pass till the very last minute....on board i counted atleast 20 seats that were empty....

there was really no reason to make them wait till the counters closed, because like you rightly said, 20 people would not magically show up at the last minute....
Seriously an OMG moment!

Which airline??
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:10 am

I wish flying returns also goes back to the as long as their are seats available you can redeem. The programme has become extremely horrible for y redemption.
What about J redemptions??
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Seriously an OMG moment!

Which airline??
ai....which other airline could it be????
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:23 am

ai....which other airline could it be????
Jet, morphing into AI...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.