Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
Departure lounges,
yes....

arrival lounges,
not sure....never asked....

dedicated check-in zones,
yes....

car service to the airport,
offered by jet....

personal transfers between terminals at the airport,
again, never asked so don't know....

personal transfers from aircraft to terminal,
offered by jet....

advance intimation of the inflight menu,
yes....

perhaps taking your order ahead of time,
nope....

calling to ask when to expect you,
yes....

off-belt luggage delivery
yes....

so in the end i was very happy with the whole experience....there are a number of things they can do to make it better but its pretty decent at the moment....
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I guess the Delhi boys get all the bennies!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
much to our chagrin
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:16 pm

There you go, seems like the offering at DEL may be better, but I can't speak for it myself, since I haven't been there in over a decade.

BOM, however, is Jet's home base. And their offering here is dismal.

Whilst some things can be blamed on the airport, such as remote parking and no priority security, a lot is well within the airline's control - especially given that they're the largest tenants.

For example, when their flights get a remote stand (that too is a combination of airport and airline doing) they will wait for the bus to fill up totally chock-a-block before despatching it. Whilst that's not necessarily bad on arrival (even if one nay have to wait a good few minutes for the bus to fill up), on departure, one may have to wait a good 20 minutes until the very last passenger who could be stuffed into the bus straggles in.

Honestly, flying F or J out of BOM on Jet is no different than flying Al Yemda in J (for example).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Jet at its best yet again -

DXB-DEL redemtion is 15k + 670AED

If you buy a economy seat it will be 70 AED cheaper and get you miles.

You got to love their logic! Or lack of it.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by lallyr
Jet at its best yet again -

DXB-DEL redemtion is 15k + 670AED

If you buy a economy seat it will be 70 AED cheaper and get you miles.

You got to love their logic! Or lack of it.
Is there some way we can report these funny redemption requirements to JP ?
Maybe the JP representative here can be of assistance ?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: Jet Airways Platinum, SQ Star Alliance Silver, AA One World
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Is there some way we can report these funny redemption requirements to JP ?
I think this one is also about the class of the ticket. The 600AED or so was a W Class ticket whereas the redemption is a D class ticket which in some sense is closer to S Class. Checked S Class fare and it is close to AED 2500. Having said that - i still think this is a bit weird. Will try to speak to JP and get back.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the jp rep comes online once in a blue moon....
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
the jp rep comes online once in a blue moon....
I think we chased her off!

She just couldn't handle it...
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saurav83
I think this one is also about the class of the ticket. The 600AED or so was a W Class ticket whereas the redemption is a D class ticket which in some sense is closer to S Class. Checked S Class fare and it is close to AED 2500. Having said that - i still think this is a bit weird. Will try to speak to JP and get back.
welcome to ft saurav83....it doesn't really matter what class the ticket is available in....the fact that you can pay less to buy a revenue ticket as compared to a redemption ticket is just ridiculous....jet should really be ashamed of themselves for pulling tricks like this....& this is not the first time they have done something like this....
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saurav83
But isn't D class business? I was checking Economy flights. So was comparing a Y to Y redemption.

Welcome to FT BTW. ^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
welcome to ft saurav83....it doesn't really matter what class the ticket is available in....the fact that you can pay less to buy a revenue ticket as compared to a redemption ticket is just ridiculous....jet should really be ashamed of themselves for pulling tricks like this....& this is not the first time they have done something like this....
Am sure we would know some senior jet folks who can be informed about this and other examples.. this is really from 9W
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Am sure we would know some senior jet folks who can be informed about this and other examples.. this is really from 9W
Even their economy redemption's from the UK are very similar. They want £390+ 54k miles. A return on all major carriers is £500 which is only £55 more each way.

Head up their *backside* comes to mind!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:33 pm

Has anyone successfully redeemed an AA flight through KingFisher King Club? I have about 60k miles in my king club as I did a few LHR-DEL flights but they have stopped now and so the miles are pretty useless to me. Thinking of using them on AA - it says its possible on their website - what's your experience
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by AkhilStyle
Has anyone successfully redeemed an AA flight through KingFisher King Club? I have about 60k miles in my king club as I did a few LHR-DEL flights but they have stopped now and so the miles are pretty useless to me. Thinking of using them on AA - it says its possible on their website - what's your experience
It's possible but availability is very poor because Kingfisher will try really hard not to let you redeem those miles. Also you need to fill up a form and send it to them atleast 6-8 weeks prior to your date of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.