Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ashishp
AI can book and help with redemption on LH flights with AI code but for flights that dont have AI code this other method to be used.

BTW just learnt that the list of these European flights with AI codes is quite large: to places like BRU, AMS, FCO etc.
Yes, AI codeshares extensively with LH... But even on the routes where they don't, they should be doing something to assist with booking. Putting the customer on hold while placing a call to LH and getting the PNR created themselves surely can't be that difficult.

Originally Posted by hyderago
I think this is the first comment I've seen you make about AI that is not uber-positive.
Doubtful. There are plenty of areas in which AI deserves criticism.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Has anyone managed to book Jet J/F through any of their partners in the last few weeks? I had some BMI miles that I wanted rid off and their availability doesn't match up at all to what Jet.com offers. In fact both AA and BMI can't see any seats available for around 15 dates I tried from now till next year.

Good part is that there is plenty of availability available to Jet members now. Albeit with stupid tax amounts.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
Good part is that there is plenty of availability available to Jet members now. Albeit with stupid tax amounts.
ridiculous tax amounts like the one i've mentioned in post # 552....
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
ridiculous tax amounts like the one i've mentioned in post # 552....
Yeah something like 20k for a UK one way is silly.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Yeah something like 20k for a UK one way is silly.
exactly....a colleague recently booked a del-lhr return on 9w for 104k miles + inr 55k in taxes....i told him to just book a revenue ticket for inr 58k & use about 70k miles to upgrade....this way he would only be spending about inr 3k more, would save 30k miles plus earn back another 12k miles....
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

exactly....a colleague recently booked a del-lhr return on 9w for 104k miles + inr 55k in taxes....i told him to just book a revenue ticket for inr 58k & use about 70k miles to upgrade....this way he would only be spending about inr 3k more, would save 30k miles plus earn back another 12k miles....
Ouch! That's a lot of tax! To be fair to Jet though is it 180 that goes to the UK tax man? But still that's only 20k. 35k is a lot for YQ.

Best bet to use Jet miles is on Partner redemption's.

Keyser have you ever needed to make a change to a partner ticket. There are some good deals there but my plans are always changing so would hate to loose so many miles when I can't fly.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keyser have you ever needed to make a change to a partner ticket. There are some good deals there but my plans are always changing so would hate to loose so many miles when I can't fly.
i managed to do this once but the circumstances were pretty unique....it was on a united flight....i called jet to ask if they could help with the change & they refused....so i got in touch with united & they were happy to help since their flight was overbooked....they booked me on the same flight a couple of days later....but i don't think they would have let me change otherwise....
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

i managed to do this once but the circumstances were pretty unique....it was on a united flight....i called jet to ask if they could help with the change & they refused....so i got in touch with united & they were happy to help since their flight was overbooked....they booked me on the same flight a couple of days later....but i don't think they would have let me change otherwise....
Did Jet have to reissue the ticket or was it good to go?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did Jet have to reissue the ticket or was it good to go?
united made the change so i guess it had nothing to do with jet....
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

united made the change so i guess it had nothing to do with jet....
I wonder why Jet don't allow changes. Only thing that stops me from flying Jet partner redemption's. My business is such that I have to chop and change plans till the last minute.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Haven't seen this sort of award inventory on Jet for a long, long time.

Taxes in Y - GBP227, J - 363, F - 363.

I think F is a decent deal. Y/J both total rip offs!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
Award availability is quite good on Jet now days. But they only offer 1 seat per class is which is bad.

What they have done is blocked all partners from getting these seats and only allocating some seats for them. I feel before everyone would go with Jet instead of their own alliance seats. Now since Jet has blocked partner rewards and only allocated for their own members this is a big ^

Also Keyser reported that there is also now a different class for upgrades through vouchers and redemption seats. So the seats you see above might not be available if using miles or vouches to upgrade.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Also Keyser reported that there is also now a different class for upgrades through vouchers and redemption seats. So the seats you see above might not be available if using miles or vouches to upgrade.
Yes I saw that.. Any idea how to check upgrade availability? Is there a way to make a reservation in Y and confirm the upgrade immediately over the phone?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taxes in Y - GBP227, J - 363, F - 363.

I think F is a decent deal. Y/J both total rip offs!
have been seeing this sort of award inventory from bom for a few months now....even from del its looking better for the last couple of months....i guess it finally hit them that they are better off letting us redeem our miles for cabins that are going empty....
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I saw that.. Any idea how to check upgrade availability? Is there a way to make a reservation in Y and confirm the upgrade immediately over the phone?
call jet & check before you book....if the upgrade class is available then they will confirm it right away....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.