Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Two x Jet F LHR-DEL. Silly amount of taxes and YQ though.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Two x Jet F LHR-DEL. Silly amount of taxes and YQ though.
i was thinking of doing the same thing but didn't want to pay inr 120k in taxes & yq so i booked 2 one way del-lhr in first & 2 one way bru-del in première....ended up saving inr 50k....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:47 am

How do you get 2 seats in premiere or first on the same flight? I cannot find more than one on any date?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
i was thinking of doing the same thing but didn't want to pay inr 120k in taxes & yq so i booked 2 one way del-lhr in first & 2 one way bru-del in première....ended up saving inr 50k....
Yeah agreed but then it costs me £150pp to get to BRU plus only one bag allowed.

Originally Posted by vikasr
How do you get 2 seats in premiere or first on the same flight? I cannot find more than one on any date?
They normally open up 2 seats in the last few days depending on the flight load. I managed to get Friday going and Monday back. Both flights which are normally quite busy.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Yeah agreed but then it costs me £150pp to get to BRU plus only one bag allowed.
i just take the train....takes about 2 hours & only sets me back £39....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

i just take the train....takes about 2 hours & only sets me back £39....
Too far from me but a good idea. Is £39 advance purchase or on the day? Trains within the UK are a rip off, a 2hr train ride is £100.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too far from me but a good idea. Is £39 advance purchase or on the day? Trains within the UK are a rip off, a 2hr train ride is £100.
i've bought tickets at that price a couple of days before travel but i usually purchase well in advance....

if i was just traveling by myself then i might not have gone through all the trouble to save inr 25k....but there will be 3 of us (1 revenue + 2 award tickets) so the total saving amounts to inr 65k for me after taking into account the train tickets to brussels....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Hi,
I'm trying to redeem jet miles for a SEA-SFO round trip for 5k miles. I was quoted the right amount of miles by the JP redemption team but the taxes they are asking for is Rs3648. Is that the right amount ?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLRtoDFW
Hi,
I'm trying to redeem jet miles for a SEA-SFO round trip for 5k miles. I was quoted the right amount of miles by the JP redemption team but the taxes they are asking for is Rs3648. Is that the right amount ?
that's usually the amount jet charges even though the partner airline only charges inr 250-500 on pretty much all their routes....
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
that's usually the amount jet charges even though the partner airline only charges inr 250-500 on pretty much all their routes....
Thanks so much for the reply !! But I still think it's a steal at 5k miles
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:08 pm

So I wanted to update on my Jet Privilege partner redemption on United for a SEA-SFO for 5k miles.From about 12 hours after I submitted the online request I received an email from Jet Privilege redemptions team asking for the passport copy, to which I replied with the attachment and also requested for exact flights on the days I had requested flights for( I had searched for saver space on united.com)and almost a day later I get a reply from them saying that the flight I requested for is available and also quoting the taxes. The taxes came upto Rs3648, to which as Keyser suggested was the amount Jet charges for domestic partner redemptions in US. The next day I get another mail from them informing me that they tried contacting me on my Indian mobile numbers and was not available, to which I asked them to call me on my US mobile number. And bingo the same evening I get a call from their team and it was ticketed. All in all a very good experience, from the online request to actual ticketing in less than 3 days and just one call from them.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Recently upgraded economy to premier on LHR-BOM sector for a family member on 9W. he is boarding from Toronto (air canada codeshare) and connecting through LHR. Only the LHR-BOM leg has been upgraded. How much taxes are required to be paid and where? Toronto or Londor? Will lounge invitation be extended at LHR?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by manish83
Recently upgraded economy to premier on LHR-BOM sector for a family member on 9W. he is boarding from Toronto (air canada codeshare) and connecting through LHR. Only the LHR-BOM leg has been upgraded. How much taxes are required to be paid and where? Toronto or Londor? Will lounge invitation be extended at LHR?
I think the miles are inclusive of taxes, so you need not worry on that.

If you have a confirmed Premier booking, you can ask the agent where the lounge is , you can search the forum on the lounge options at LHR
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Finally got a partner award booking done thru Jet ..^

Etihad Airways return flights between Moscow and Abu Dhabi.. For the peak period around New Years , 31st Dec ongoing and 7th Jan return..

35000 miles per person + 17K INR as taxes and fuel surcharge..

Best available fare on EY available for about INR 70000, EK for 45000, so between Re.8 - Re 2 value per mile depending on the way we value it..
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:49 am

VA Partner Reward: EWR to BOM

I booked an economy reward ticket on Jet using VA points for travel in Jan 15. Connecting through Brussels.

90k points and $45 in taxes.

And took just a 15 minute call with VA to get it al booked.

I also booked two Premiere rewards tickets for this same time, and I've been impressed with the availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.