Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DELANRDFW
So if I'm understanding it right, you can upgrade a reward economy ticket with cash at or prior to check in
yup....

can you do the same for a paid ticket too?
officially you can't but there are a few airports that offer cash upgrades at check-in....
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Every time I have done cash upgrade it has taken ages. You need to send in scans of credit cards and letters
Ugh.

It's not just for upgrades. Jet do seem to like their scanning and signing and printing and faxing business.

Rather bizarre, for 2012.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasepl
Ugh.

It's not just for upgrades. Jet do seem to like their scanning and signing and printing and faxing business.

Rather bizarre, for 2012.
That's two things I hate about Jet and have taken this up with them numerous times. The other being partner awards being non changeable.

How can you insist that a person travels as per booked and also book 14 days in advance.

They really are in the dark ages.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:47 am

Well, the partner awards annoyance may not entirely be in their control. Even if it were, I wouldn't totally fault them on it.

Also, jet.com happily accepts American Express when purchasing a ticket, but won't process a refund for that very same transaction. They want you to call them and speak to the JetChild and on and on.

Other airlines, both Indian and foreign, have no such problems. Where they don't accept American Express online, they have other, easier ways. For example, Cathay just ask you for the details on the phone and validate at the airport upon check-in. No last-century nonsense.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:57 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Keyser
So if I'm understanding it right, you can upgrade a reward economy ticket with cash at or prior to check in
yup....

can you do the same for a paid ticket too?
officially you can't but there are a few airports that offer cash upgrades at check-in....

Reward economy ticket is in x class. Upgrade for metro routes is 2000 and non metro is 1000 rupees. Check for details on the jet privilege menu on the website and look for cash upgrade. As for revenue ticket for the maa ixz sector it was about 3000 rupees.

There was no printin and faxing and scanning for the upgrade. Expressed my intention to upgrade at check in, he wrote a line on the ticket, went to tricker counter and gave him the ticket. One swipe of card, a receipt and in under 5 min was at check in counter where my boarding pass was already ready. Quite efficient.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by shahadil
There was no printin and faxing and scanning for the upgrade. Expressed my intention to upgrade at check in, he wrote a line on the ticket, went to tricker counter and gave him the ticket. One swipe of card, a receipt and in under 5 min was at check in counter where my boarding pass was already ready. Quite efficient.
the printing, scanning & faxing for the upgrade happens when you try to do it beforehand....not during check-in....
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by shahadil
Reward economy ticket is in x class. Upgrade for metro routes is 2000 and non metro is 1000 rupees. Check for details on the jet privilege menu on the website and look for cash upgrade. As for revenue ticket for the maa ixz sector it was about 3000 rupees.
Thanks to you and Keyser for the clarification, 2000 is not bad at all for metros. I will try my luck when visiting India later this month.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:33 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

the printing, scanning & faxing for the upgrade happens when you try to do it beforehand....not during check-in....
Yah, one is physically present at check-in; it's Jet's way of not using millennial technology as much as very easily possible. that's baffling.

And here's another oddity : they won't let you use the same email address for more than one JP account. Not a big deal, but bizarre.

Last edited by jasepl; Jul 5, 2012 at 8:40 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Yah, one is physically present at check-in; it's Jet's way of not using millennial technology as much as very easily possible. that's baffling.

And here's another oddity : they won't let you use the same email address for more than one JP account. Not a big deal, but bizarre.
I got around by using gmail's trick. You can split the email address - Like [email protected] as [email protected] or [email protected] etc . All Emails to this address will be fwded to your mail address.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:24 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

As for not being able to use the same e-mail address for more than one account, there is a reason. Your e-mail address is a unique identifier for your JP account. If you forget your login password and JP number, it's the unique e-mail address that comes to rescue. I had to setup an e-mail account for my infant children just for their FF acount. It took some effort to manage four accounts, but it would have been more confusing if all four accounts used the same e-mail address.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that's not just with jet....most loyalty programs won't allow that....i know kingfisher, spg & hilton doesn't....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:40 am

that's not just with jet....most loyalty programs won't allow that....i know kingfisher, spg & hilton doesn't....
There are no such restrictions at BA, FlyingPoo or Miles + More. Hell, I even have one registered email address for more than one person with banks and credit card companies, both in India and abroad.

Its not as if FF points are priceless treasures - at least JetPoints aren't! )
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
[SIZE=1]
Its not as if FF points are priceless treasures - at least JetPoints aren't! )
What you mean I am not really a JP Miles millionaire?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: UA, QF, Marriott (Titanium)
30000 JP Miles + 2400 in Taxes

...for Delhi to Port Blair ...

Tickets running about 15K right now ...

the upside, got them to use 21K of expired miles from the past!

Did I get a good deal ... thoughts?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tinypsu
...for Delhi to Port Blair ...

Tickets running about 15K right now ...

the upside, got them to use 21K of expired miles from the past!

Did I get a good deal ... thoughts?
If you consider it 9K miles + 2400 Rs, it's a great deal.

However, if you consider it 30k + 2400, it's not such a good deal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.