Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:47 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hahahah! That is classic. And honestly, were you really surprised?

Your experience with AI on the phone today is eerily similar to my daily routine during the months I spent (trying to do) work in Kalina !

By the way, does the Delhi office machine ask if you want to be "helped" in English or Hindi ?

The general number does ask you. And each of the four times I've called it, I've pressed "1 for English". And each time I've been connected to someone who speaks Hindi and can't / won't speak English. And each time I've had to insist repeatedly, in my disgraceful, basically non-existent Hindi - that I should be connected to someone who can help me in English.

Oy vey.

Eventual success three of four times. If the situation allows it, its much easier to use the email. It might take longer, but I've found it to be less hazardous to my health.

Last edited by jasepl; Jul 24, 2012 at 9:01 am
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:48 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
I would avoid delhi air India staff like the plague. The Bawas at nariman point are efficient. The mallus at Ccj and Trv go out of their way to help.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jasepl
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hahahah! That is classic. And honestly, were you really surprised?

Your experience with AI on the phone today is eerily similar to my daily routine during the months I spent (trying to do) work in Kalina !

By the way, does the Delhi office machine ask if you want to be "helped" in English or Hindi ?

The general number does ask you. And each of the four times I've called it, I've pressed "1 for English". And each time I've been connected to someone who speaks Hindi and can't / won't speak English. And each time I've had to insist repeatedly, in my disgraceful, basically non-existent Hindi - that I should be connected to someone who can help me in English.

Oy vey.

Eventual success three of four times. If the situation allows it, its much easier to use the email. It might take longer, but I've found it to be less hazardous to my health.
I've been connected to KL agents that spoke Dutch when I pressed the button for French.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ashishp
problem with Air India, is that staff expertise varies widely and with it your experience as a customer. The office at Nariman Point, BOM International Terminal and even in Nagpur city office have amazing staff. The aunty at Nagpur could work out complicated se complicated travel plan on multiple airlines like a whiz!

then ofcourse there are the retards like the morons in AI Reservations at Delhi T3: clueless bunch of &*&@!*&*.

Call up the Delhi city reservation office and see if they can help. 01124622220 is the number i have. there is an email id for things like you mentioned, but i forget it right now.
COdbaUA is no different...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
don't remember....i just pressed zero for the operator....
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I've been connected to KL agents that spoke Dutch when I pressed the button for French.
Mais c'est pas vrai !

I'll faut toujours parler en francais !

Last edited by jasepl; Jul 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by shahadil
I would avoid delhi air India staff like the plague. The Bawas at nariman point are efficient. The mallus at Ccj and Trv go out of their way to help.
Dont know the situation now, but back in 2005/6, the Bawi/RC aunties in BOM office (must have been maals 20 years ago types) not only took down meal requests but also knew exactly what to expect in specific meal options on outbound and inbound. And the special meal requests used to be correctly served inflight. AI usually had a bad rep with special meal requests.

the COK bunch is still awesome: very patient (after handling all the labor traffic) and very very competent.

The clueless retards at DEL are a disgrace. But then again, the KLM/NW staff at DEL are equally bad. Think its a DEL thing.

the email is the best option: u get a reply the same day and the email system works better than the DEL office. from experience i thikn the email responder works between 9am and 12 am, as emails sent in this period are answered with lightning speed! emails must be handled from Mumbai since it works better.

Last edited by ashishp; Jul 25, 2012 at 1:46 am
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:44 am

i talked to a friend working for the airline and she pretty much confirmed what the operator told you on the phone.

The AI counter CAN check for LH availibility but not LX or OS (that part the operator misled you). There are redemption classes also, and redemption availibility may not show up on AI system, rather total seat avail situation.

But she cannot book the LH flight unless flight has AI code. There are some LH flights with AI code and these can be booked from AI counters. However the counter person can check the availility and schedule of all LH flights from her place.

So you will have to block a seat on LH separately, and a PNR is issued without a booking. Its like a temp booking but not confirmed ticket: this will be at LH office or call center. If AI code is there on flight, then this step can be done by AI counter.

then you go to AI counter and the PNR is CONFIRMED.

hope this helps

Last edited by ashishp; Jul 25, 2012 at 1:51 am
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So you will have to block a seat on LH separately, and a PNR is issued without a booking. Its like a temp booking but not confirmed ticket: this will be at LH office or call center. If AI code is there on flight, then this step can be done by AI counter.

Exactly what I thought..

Keyser.. You need to block a revenue PNR on LH and pass that on to AI for them to book a redemption seat into a redemption class.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i talked to a friend working for the airline and she pretty much confirmed what the operator told you on the phone.

The AI counter CAN check for LH availibility but not LX or OS (that part the operator misled you). There are redemption classes also, and redemption availibility may not show up on AI system, rather total seat avail situation.

But she cannot book the LH flight unless flight has AI code. There are some LH flights with AI code and these can be booked from AI counters. However the counter person can check the availility and schedule of all LH flights from her place.

hope this helps
so i called lufthansa & of course they had no idea what i was talking about....they said ai has to get in touch with them to block the seat against ai miles....they would not be block a redemption seat for me since i am not a member of their frequent flyer program....
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anish
Exactly what I thought..

Keyser.. You need to block a revenue PNR on LH and pass that on to AI for them to book a redemption seat into a redemption class.
too much effort to redeem some miles....i think i'm going to pass till they make it easier....
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
its a pain dealing with jet as well but atleast i can do this out of my own office....print, fill in, scan & send the form back to jet & they are pretty good with partner redemption requests....
so jet is offering me the seat for 5k miles & inr 8,284 in taxes & fees....i think that would be a really dumb move, given the fact that lufthansa is selling this seat for inr 5,207....

i had to buy 5 tickets on this flight so i thought i could have saved some money plus got rid of some useless jet miles....but this is the first time i have come across a reward ticket being more expensive than a revenue ticket....well done jet....it could only have been done by you....

Last edited by Keyser; Jul 25, 2012 at 5:05 am
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

hope this helps
That seems incredibly convoluted. Since it is AI offering the redemption using their miles, I'd think that it should be AI's responsibility to contact LH...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
That seems incredibly convoluted. Since it is AI offering the redemption using their miles, I'd think that it should be AI's responsibility to contact LH...
I think this is the first comment I've seen you make about AI that is not uber-positive.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
AI can book and help with redemption on LH flights with AI code but for flights that dont have AI code this other method to be used.

BTW just learnt that the list of these European flights with AI codes is quite large: to places like BRU, AMS, FCO etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.