Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Sometimes customer service on twitter is quicker than other ways to contact Iberia:
https://twitter.com/Iberia_en
Print Wikipost

Iberia Award ticket cancel Avios refund

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:22 am

I would wait, even in normal times it can take a while. Maybe send an email if they don't appear in a few days.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I cancelled an award booking two weeks ago due to COVID-19 and was told that I could only get the ~$80 in taxes on a voucher. I reluctantly agreed, but saw the $80 post as a refund to my credit card a week later. However, still don't have the points back in my account and its been 15 days. Is it worth trying to get on the phone? I tried yesterday and was disconnected after ~15 minutes, but curious if I am calling the right number.

I wouldn't normally call and busy up the lines, but my original travel date was tomorrow and wanted to make sure I could get the points back and they wouldn't say I was a no-show. FWIW the record locator no longer pulls up so it doesn't appear like the ticket is still valid (seat assignments gone, etc.).
Was this an award on AA or some other airline besides IB/BA? If it was, and you made what IB+ consider to be a voluntary cancellation, you wouldn't get your Avios back.

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I would wait, even in normal times it can take a while. Maybe send an email if they don't appear in a few days.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Was this an award on AA or some other airline besides IB/BA? If it was, and you made what IB+ consider to be a voluntary cancellation, you wouldn't get your Avios back.
It was an IB award.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I cancelled an award booking two weeks ago due to COVID-19 and was told that I could only get the ~$80 in taxes on a voucher. I reluctantly agreed, but saw the $80 post as a refund to my credit card a week later. However, still don't have the points back in my account and its been 15 days. Is it worth trying to get on the phone? I tried yesterday and was disconnected after ~15 minutes, but curious if I am calling the right number.

I wouldn't normally call and busy up the lines, but my original travel date was tomorrow and wanted to make sure I could get the points back and they wouldn't say I was a no-show. FWIW the record locator no longer pulls up so it doesn't appear like the ticket is still valid (seat assignments gone, etc.).
I called and cancelled an award booking 12 days ago on the 14th of March. Was promised my 189,000 avios and €300 ish back - not had either thus far...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD

You need to write to them... on twitter, or FB or directly to [email protected]
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:54 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Same boat here. IB Avios award cancelled 4/15. As of today no email, no Avios, no $. I will wait for now.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by duranza
Which partner airline? I had great success reaching this person last year.. Contact [email protected] .
Her name is Sol Orduna
She was very quick to get results.
You need to supply your Iberia plus number and details.
Ok, it did not work. I got a generic reply from a generic e-mail advising to contact support via clasica@iberia. And then it went ignored.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Ok, it did not work. I got a generic reply from a generic e-mail advising to contact support via clasica@iberia. And then it went ignored.
So sorry you did not get through, maybe the person has left the company , I went to great lengths to acquire the refund as much as contacting the CEO and pleading with him about our case which required a cancelation day of departure due to a stroke my husband had suffered. I went via FB and twitter and googling to find the contact information. Eventually after many emails all funds , taxes, etc were refunded from multiple flights involving Miami to Madrid, Madrid to Tenerife, all on award points.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Does someone know ?

My flight on April 15th - an award with Avios - was cancelled by the airline.
Should I try and contact IB - or will this process automatically with a refund of Avios and taxes paid ?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I called and cancelled an award booking 12 days ago on the 14th of March. Was promised my 189,000 avios and €300 ish back - not had either thus far...
Was this a flight that IB cancelled or it was still operating but you cancelled.
Does THAT make a difference in getting the Avios back?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Was this a flight that IB cancelled or it was still operating but you cancelled.
Does THAT make a difference in getting the Avios back?
It operated ( Mad to Hav ) but I cancelled it 5 days out fearing problems in Cuba and getting home.

Not had avios or money back as at todays date. Been waiting 3 weeks currently.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
It operated ( Mad to Hav ) but I cancelled it 5 days out fearing problems in Cuba and getting home.

Not had avios or money back as at todays date. Been waiting 3 weeks currently.
Thanks - gives me an idea of what's ahead for me.
Calling them (from US) is pointless. The only option is how to get a voucher - nothing about cancelling an award flight. If you don't choose that option, they disconnect.
I sent them an email to above address - let's see what happens.
From this and past experiences I will avoid Iberia like a plague - the worst communications of any airline.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
My flight on April 15th - an award with Avios - was cancelled by the airline.
Should I try and contact IB - or will this process automatically with a refund of Avios and taxes paid ?
I approached them on Twitter multiple times, to no avail. It seems nobody is checking the messages.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
My Avios showed up yesterday. I did email the address a few posts earlier and I believe that is what “expedited” the process.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:40 pm

My Avios showed up yesterday. I did email the address a few posts earlier and I believe that is what “expedited” the process.
Many Congrats to you !
Would you mind sharing the email address you used ?
Is it: [email protected] ?

Last edited by Travelomania; Apr 3, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.