Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Seat maps for the A330-200, A330-300, and A340-600
(update 15 Dec 2019)

Notes (applicable to all three aircraft types):
Business Plus cabins: window seats are even numbered; honeymoon pairs are odd numbered;
The row numbering sequence avoids the use of number 13

Aircraft movements
A330-200
EC-MIL(click for flight history)
EC-MJA(click for flight history)
EC-MJT(click for flight history)
EC-MKI (click for flight history)
EC-MKJ (click for flight history)
EC-MLB (click for flight history)
EC-MLP(click for flight history)

A330-300
MSN 1377, 17 Jan 2013: EC-LUB
MSN 1385, 11 Feb 2013: EC-LUK
MSN 1405, 4 Apr 2013: EC-LUX
MSN 1426, 13 Jun 2013: EC-LXK
MSN 1437, 17 Jul 2013: EC-LYF
MSN 1490, 24 Jan 2014: EC-LZJ
MSN 1507, 17 Mar 2014 : EC-LZX
MSN 1515, 22 April 2014 : EC-MAA

A340-600
MSN 1079: EC-LEV(click for flight history)
MSN 0960: EC-LEU (click for flight history)
MSN 0341: EC-INO (click for flight history)
MSN 1122: EC-LFS (click for flight history)
MSN 0440: EC-IOB (click for flight history)
MSN 0720: EC-JLE (click for flight history)
MSN 0460: EC-IQR (click for flight history)
MSN 0744: EC-JPU (click for flight history)
MSN 0993: EC-LCZ (click for flight history)
MSN 0661: EC-IZX (click for flight history)
MSN 0606: EC-JBA (click for flight history)
MSN 0604: EC-IZY (click for flight history)
MSN 0616: EC-JCY (click for flight history)
MSN 0619: EC-JCZ (click for flight history)
MSN 0672: EC-JFX(click for flight history)
Print Wikipost

New Business Plus Class (A330, A340)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by hosedown
Thanks for the confirmation.

A bit of a difficult one, but does anyone know how much they're changing things as the day of the flight arrives? I see A340-500 for a flight I'm considering booking, but all the ones up to it are appearing as the old aircraft on expertflyer (which I figured out in the end).
I recently flew MAD-EZE-MAD: at the time of the booking it was shown as A345 but they changed to A346 on both legs the day before departures. Needless to say I wasn't particularly amazed.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I will be flying on J CCS-MAD this Sunday. It's an A330, is there any new Business class seats or anything?

I remember the 2010 ones, but i don't know if there has been any upgrade?
Also, what i want to know if i credit CCS-MAD in J and MAD-CCS in Y how many miles will i get if i credit it to AAdvantage? (vs Avios)

Gracias.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Thanks i just checked in flight radar and all the planes they are sending to Caracas seem to be brand new. Does any one has any pictures? How this new Business Class varies from the previous one?

Still, i don't know how many miles will i accrue on Advantage vs Avios.

Can someone please correct me if i'm wrong. CCS-MAD[J]-CCS[Y]

Would be: 10890 Avios or 9801 AA miles.

Flightradar is superb.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I recently flew MAD-EZE-MAD: at the time of the booking it was shown as A345 but they changed to A346 on both legs the day before departures. Needless to say I wasn't particularly amazed.
I actually like the old seats so I'm not in the least bit bothered if our flights have them. I fly with the wife but if I were flying alone I would prefer the new seat right enough.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Whew!!

Lots of info here, and lots of changes. But it is good that IB is updating, even if we cannot always follow the changes in real time.

To be clear: the "old" A340-600 in J is 2-2-2 with the seat pairs A-C and J-L lined up in a row. The "new" A340-500 is 2 - 2 - 2 with rows A and C, and rows J and L, staggered to permit access to the aisle.

In other words, if seated in A or L, you have to climb over your seatmate in the 600, but not in the 500.

Is my understanding correct?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Lots of info here, and lots of changes. But it is good that IB is updating, even if we cannot always follow the changes in real time.

To be clear: the "old" A340-600 in J is 2-2-2 with the seat pairs A-C and J-L lined up in a row. The "new" A340-500 is 2 - 2 - 2 with rows A and C, and rows J and L, staggered to permit access to the aisle.

In other words, if seated in A or L, you have to climb over your seatmate in the 600, but not in the 500.

Is my understanding correct?
Yep, that sounds right.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well, that turns out not to be right. Although that is what it shows on Seat Guru http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ibe...s_A340-600.php

I flew this aircraft last night JFK - MAD and the seating in J is as I described in #245 above for the A 340-500. It is a bit difficult to describe but each row has only one window seat on each side.

These seats are staggered so that the J and L seats alternate. J is on the aisle, with your tray table and extra room on the inside, next to the window.

The L seat is next to the window, with your extra room on the aisle.

So, you have L seats in the odd numbered rows and J seats in the even numbered rows.

Also, Seat Guru shows 7 rows of 6 seats, where in reality there are 12 rows of 4 seats.

In other words, if you are in an A or an L seat you are next to the window. If you have a B or a J seat, you are on the aisle. But in both cases you have no one next to you.

^
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Please forgive the laziness by not trawling through the thread.

I am looking to go to EZE in January. The flight is on an A342. Am I correct in thinking that these will have the old seats?

Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Please forgive the laziness by not trawling through the thread.

I am looking to go to EZE in January. The flight is on an A342. Am I correct in thinking that these will have the old seats?

Cheers!
Most definitely.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Had the opportunity to fly both the old and new business class.
The old seat is not very private but provided good space and a comfortable sleep.

The new seat was a total disaster (was seating in middle row), it gives a claustrophobic feeling, your neighbor is literally 5 cm from your side and you don't have a proper divider, good luck if you have broad elbows or big feet, as the space available is ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine seating in one of the aisle seats, it must be hell to try to sleep with everybody bumping on you.
Only the window seats may give some privacy and space.

Compared to CX's or BA's bizz seats, IB's is substandard.

Lounges, food (except wines) and service don't even deserve any comment. Only positive is the free internet voucher, and that the paid upgrade can spare you the Y class torture.

Bad, bad, bad. an airline to avoid if you can.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by longliveKA
Had the opportunity to fly both the old and new business class.
The old seat is not very private but provided good space and a comfortable sleep.

The new seat was a total disaster (was seating in middle row), it gives a claustrophobic feeling, your neighbor is literally 5 cm from your side and you don't have a proper divider, good luck if you have broad elbows or big feet, as the space available is ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine seating in one of the aisle seats, it must be hell to try to sleep with everybody bumping on you.
Only the window seats may give some privacy and space.

Compared to CX's or BA's bizz seats, IB's is substandard.

Lounges, food (except wines) and service don't even deserve any comment. Only positive is the free internet voucher, and that the paid upgrade can spare you the Y class torture.

Bad, bad, bad. an airline to avoid if you can.
I assume you were flying solo, but sat in one of the honeymoon seats with a stranger next to you?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:25 pm

I've yet to experience the new IB seat. However I'm surprised to hear you state that the BA seat is better especially as it's a couple of inches narrower. I find the Iberia J product even in the old seat a notch above BA CW in all departments.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've yet to experience the new IB seat. However I'm surprised to hear you state that the BA seat is better especially as it's a couple of inches narrower. I find the Iberia J product even in the old seat a notch above BA CW in all departments.
I was indeed seating in one of the honeymoon seats.
I just find the experience very much like laying in a coffin. It might be just an impression, but I didn't feel so constricted on Ba's seat, specially around the elbow, head and feet.
Aisle or window seats might give a more open feeling.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by longliveKA
I just find the experience very much like laying in a coffin.
I wouldn't know as I've never been in a coffin.

I have selected the two seats together for the wife and I in May so will get to try it out for myself. If travelling alone I wouldn't fancy them though.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
The paired center seats are very nice for a couple.

Agree that they wouldn't be very comfortable with a stranger...

I do find the window seats narrow... I think the advantage BA have is that the club world seat "footprint" is rectangular, while the IB footprint is angled in towards the feet... As a result the BA seat gives the impression of more space (even though it might not have much, if any, more).

The new seat is much better than the old one in terms of going flat, entertainment, privacy... but you can certainly feel isolated / trapped in the new one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.