Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dannyrado
I've just had a claim against amoma.com refused.

I tried to match a rate that includes breakfast to a rate that includes breakfast (I won't be diamond by the time I stay.)

It got refused by hyatt because they have cheaper rates..... That are room only.

The BRG is getting laughable now.
While there are a number of reasons to be bewildered with the BRG of late, this is actually not one of them.

The T&Cs are very clear on this: no matter what rate you find elsewhere, it must be cheaper than the best available rate on hyatt.com.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
The reason I asked is they are absolutely wrong and I had a similar thing happen to me.

I researched on the Internet and found the definition of a double room is NOT a twin room, but a room with 1 bed and I sent that back to them -- ultimately my claim was approved because I escalated it as I had picked a King bed room on Hyatt.com and as I recall, I had compared it with a Double bed room from Amoma.com, as well!

However, I would find the same standard sort of definition and PM GP Concierge and have him/her deal with it, for if there is only 1 room type with 1 bed in the room, then you should have it approved -- as long as you picked the King bed room on Hyatt.com, that is.

If there was more than 1 room type with 1 bed -- King or Queen available on Hyatt.com, then you would lose as you can specify the bed type with Hyatt. But when there is only 1 bed type with 1 bed in the room, well then, a Double Bed room found on amoma.com fits the definition perfectly of a King bed on Hyatt.com.

Remember a Double bed room is not the same as a Twin bed room, which commonly means 2 Twin beds, so if you had wanted two (2) beds in the room and you selected that from Hyatt.com, then they were correct to deny the claim.

Good luck!
I just had another claim from amoma.com approved. (improving upon a previous BRG at the same hotel, also thanks to amoma)

As mentioned above, whenever amoma says "double", I just compare with "King" and have never had problems. 1 bed in room is 1 bed in room...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
NJUPINTHEAIR that is correct the BRG is based on the overall lower rate and not the cancelation policies
Thanks for the information and the prompt reply!

NJ
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by danger
While there are a number of reasons to be bewildered with the BRG of late, this is actually not one of them.

The T&Cs are very clear on this: no matter what rate you find elsewhere, it must be cheaper than the best available rate on hyatt.com.
Point taken. Still rather silly though IMHO. What they are effectively saying is "we are the cheapest, we guarantee to be the cheapest.... Unless you want anything other than a basic room, on a room only basis."
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Point taken. Still rather silly though IMHO. What they are effectively saying is "we are the cheapest, we guarantee to be the cheapest.... Unless you want anything other than a basic room, on a room only basis."
It's quite clear they really don't want to offer a BRG at all, they are just forced to because the competition has one as well....
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
NJUPINTHEAIR that is correct the BRG is based on the overall lower rate and not the cancelation policies
If this works in both ways (ie: cancellation policies are better on Hyatt.com but rate is better on 3rd party website), this is actually quite positive...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
If this works in both ways (ie: cancellation policies are better on Hyatt.com but rate is better on 3rd party website), this is actually quite positive...
Lately Hyatt have been enforcing the cancellation policy of the 3rd party website. Even if you book the cancellable Hyatt Daily Rate, the agent will adjust the terms to be non-refundable if the competing rate is such.

I recently got caught out because, when you access a reservation online at Hyatt.com, it doesn't show whether the rate is non-refundable or not. (it just says cancel by 3PM day before)

Silly me... I ended up with 2 non-cancellable BRG reservations at the same hotel having assumed the higher-priced one was cancellable. Should have checked my email records rather than rely on hyatt.com.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Had a positive experience with this a few days ago, first time i've tried it:

Hyatt Regency London - King View Room with Breakfast and late checkout

Hyatt.com = £600
BritishAirways.com = £318

Final price = £256
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Had a positive experience with this a few days ago, first time i've tried it:

Hyatt Regency London - King View Room with Breakfast and late checkout

Hyatt.com = £600
BritishAirways.com = £318

Final price = £256
Wow. That's a super result.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
Wow. That's a super result.
Thats what I thought too, and its 31st December night! Very happy
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:28 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Best Rate Guarantee

Happy Friday FlyerTalkers!

I have looked over the terms and conditions of ebookers.com and it is a valid site. I am constantly looking at sites as many of them will change their policies frequently. We absolutely want to ensure that we are providing the best service, so if you have issues with a BRG being denied, or someone not answering an email, please let me know immediately via PM.

As always, I am frequently lurking on the site, and am happy to answer any questions you might have! You can certainly email me directly or send a PM and one of the friendly Gold Passport Concierge team will let me know.

Safe travels, and thank you all for your support and loyalty!

Dana Mowrey
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Thank you Dana, that's great!

We really appreciate it!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:44 pm

Well, filed one yesterday and they responded saying they could not see the attachment and that the website no longer had the competing rate available. When I checked, it was of course gone by the time they had gotten back to me. They said in the email to reply with the screenshot within 24 hrs, which I sent them 18 minutes after they replied to me originally. Never got any response back of any sort. They just never replied after giving me the BS that they could not open the same exact PDF that I used every single time I have done a BRG without issues, and now the rate is gone and they won't reply. I knew it was only a matter of time before I had an experience like everyone else seems to.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:41 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by antonius66
Well, filed one yesterday and they responded saying they could not see the attachment and that the website no longer had the competing rate available. When I checked, it was of course gone by the time they had gotten back to me. They said in the email to reply with the screenshot within 24 hrs, which I sent them 18 minutes after they replied to me originally. Never got any response back of any sort. They just never replied after giving me the BS that they could not open the same exact PDF that I used every single time I have done a BRG without issues, and now the rate is gone and they won't reply. I knew it was only a matter of time before I had an experience like everyone else seems to.
Hi Antonius66,

So sorry for the issue that you experienced! Can you send me the information to [email protected] and we will take a peek. Even if we cannot see it on the third party site, with the PDF I can validate it if it is a valid BRG.

Thanks,

Dana
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:00 pm

Kudos to Dana for reaching out to me and getting this handled. BRG was approved. To be fair, it should not require intervention from a higher up at Hyatt here on Flyertalk to get a BRG properly handled, but I am pleased to have her assistance in this matter and ultimately get it resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.