Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:57 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Of course, I will be happy to bring this to Dana's attention for review. Once I have heard back from her I will be sure to share the information with all of you.

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:35 am

After all my complaining in this thread, I have to commend Flyertalk's Hyatt rep for getting my issue resolved. Truly a great resource, thanks again!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Of course, I will be happy to bring this to Dana's attention for review. Once I have heard back from her I will be sure to share the information with all of you.

Thanks!
Thank you Gold Passport Concierge!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Just had an Amoma BRG approved today! Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:33 am

After reading and following this thread for some time, I was wondering how bad the Hyatt BRG program really could be. I mean, follow the rules (use the already approved sites in this thread, use pdf-files, do not file a claim without already having made a reservation at hyatt.com, ask for second opinion if your first claim is rejected and so on) and you should get an approval in the end. Well, little did I know. Being used to SPG's BRG program (which has it quirks, but all over is quite fair), I was shocked by the rejections and the reasons behind them:

Yesterday: Denied twice using getaroom.com as competing site: "This reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee due to the membership needed for the rates."No luck pointing out that others have recently gotten approved their BRG using this site. Just a wall of silence.

Today: Amoma denied. Agent claiming that amoma's room type ("double room") is not something the hyatt hotel in question offer - they only offer double and king room.

I was thinking of testing Hyatt and taking the challenge, but this just left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HP Chesterfield (St Louis)
Hyatt.com: $149
Priceline.com: $139
Final Price $111

It does work sometimes.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:45 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Prestiga.com denied, claim was that it does not offer immediate confirmatio , the website clearly shows immediate confirmation, reply was not answered....
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by heakja
After reading and following this thread for some time, I was wondering how bad the Hyatt BRG program really could be. I mean, follow the rules (use the already approved sites in this thread, use pdf-files, do not file a claim without already having made a reservation at hyatt.com, ask for second opinion if your first claim is rejected and so on) and you should get an approval in the end. Well, little did I know. Being used to SPG's BRG program (which has it quirks, but all over is quite fair), I was shocked by the rejections and the reasons behind them:

Yesterday: Denied twice using getaroom.com as competing site: "This reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee due to the membership needed for the rates."No luck pointing out that others have recently gotten approved their BRG using this site. Just a wall of silence.

Today: Amoma denied. Agent claiming that amoma's room type ("double room") is not something the hyatt hotel in question offer - they only offer double and king room.

I was thinking of testing Hyatt and taking the challenge, but this just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Can you be a bit more specific as I am quite positive Hyatt never offers a "double" room -- that is more of a European characterization -- and one would never see that term used on their web site.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Can you be a bit more specific as I am quite positive Hyatt never offers a "double" room -- that is more of a European characterization -- and one would never see that term used on their web site.
Yes, a typo from my side. Amoma offered a double room, hyatt.com a twin or king room. Pretty rigid IMHO to deny that claim. If I booked that double room at amoma, I am pretty sure I would have gotten a king room....
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:34 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I have a claim, which was approved, but the rate was calculated incorrectly, both the service desk and consumeraffairs do not answer on email, whome shall I contact?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:25 pm

Peter42 if you would like to private message me your confirmation number I can take a llok at it for you.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by heakja
Yes, a typo from my side. Amoma offered a double room, hyatt.com a twin or king room. Pretty rigid IMHO to deny that claim. If I booked that double room at amoma, I am pretty sure I would have gotten a king room....
The reason I asked is they are absolutely wrong and I had a similar thing happen to me.

I researched on the Internet and found the definition of a double room is NOT a twin room, but a room with 1 bed and I sent that back to them -- ultimately my claim was approved because I escalated it as I had picked a King bed room on Hyatt.com and as I recall, I had compared it with a Double bed room from Amoma.com, as well!

However, I would find the same standard sort of definition and PM GP Concierge and have him/her deal with it, for if there is only 1 room type with 1 bed in the room, then you should have it approved -- as long as you picked the King bed room on Hyatt.com, that is.

If there was more than 1 room type with 1 bed -- King or Queen available on Hyatt.com, then you would lose as you can specify the bed type with Hyatt. But when there is only 1 bed type with 1 bed in the room, well then, a Double Bed room found on amoma.com fits the definition perfectly of a King bed on Hyatt.com.

Remember a Double bed room is not the same as a Twin bed room, which commonly means 2 Twin beds, so if you had wanted two (2) beds in the room and you selected that from Hyatt.com, then they were correct to deny the claim.

Good luck!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:12 pm
Suspended

SEEKING INFORMATION FROM GOLD PASSPORT CONCIERGE (OR OTHERS)

Scenario:

Hyatt Advance Purchase Rate = $99.00
Hyatt Daily Rate/Refundable = $119.00

Competing 3rd Party Website = Priceline

Competing Refundable Rate = $99.00

CLAIM REJECTED

Hyatt BRG says they look at the overall lower rate and not the Terms and Conditions and since the competing rate -- although refundable unlike the Hyatt.com rate -- is the same as Hyatt's non-refundable rate, the claim is therefore rejected.

Just want to know if this is correct as I have researched this entire thread for a similar issue and have found no counterpart and inasmuch as Hyatt's BRG Department is neither a beacon of clarity nor consistency, I wanted the pronouncement of the Gold Passport Representative as well as the opinions of my fellow FT'ers.

If necessary, I have the name of the Hatt BRG "Supervisor" that I spoke to in connection with this matter, as well as the initial rejection letter from the named Hyatt BRG employee.

Thanks,

NJ
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:44 pm

NJUPINTHEAIR that is correct the BRG is based on the overall lower rate and not the cancelation policies
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:48 am

I've just had a claim against amoma.com refused.

I tried to match a rate that includes breakfast to a rate that includes breakfast (I won't be diamond by the time I stay.)

It got refused by hyatt because they have cheaper rates..... That are room only.

The BRG is getting laughable now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.