Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:56 am

At this point, I would question whether the BRG program is actually doing more harm than good overall for the customers' experience of Hyatt.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILoveStrain
Through the wiki of this thread, The rate in ebookers.com is aproved in 8/18/2014. Is it right?

I've got a mail today.

" I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on Ebookers.com not being an immediate confirming site, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee. Their terms and conditions state "Where we are unable to confirm the initial requested accommodation, we will call you to inform you of the details of alternative accommodation or lack of availability. At that time you will have the option to accept the alternative accommodation or get a refund of the total monies paid to us by you for your original booking"."

They blocked ebookers.com, too.
I would try again or raise it with the Hyatt lurkers here. You may just have gotten an over-zealous agent.

If Hyatt are banning the big online travel agents then the whole BRG program is a scam and Hyatt would be opening themselves to all kinds of problems. You can't have a policy and then exclude every possible competing website.

For example, anybody in the UK could file a complaint with the Advertising Standard Authority about a Best Rate Guarantee policy being advertised but not available. I'm sure the US has similar protection...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
We may have to analyze the T&C of the third party before claiming BRG. I think they want for us to be lawyers.
I think they want for us to give up and stop sending BRG requests.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: HYATT GP Diamond / Marriott Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / Star alliance Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I would try again or raise it with the Hyatt lurkers here. You may just have gotten an over-zealous agent.

If Hyatt are banning the big online travel agents then the whole BRG program is a scam and Hyatt would be opening themselves to all kinds of problems. You can't have a policy and then exclude every possible competing website.

For example, anybody in the UK could file a complaint with the Advertising Standard Authority about a Best Rate Guarantee policy being advertised but not available. I'm sure the US has similar protection...
After posting the result here, they changed the rate of the hotel which I claimed as lower than that of ebooker's... LoL.

The rate of that hotel had been kept for over 3 months.. until 10 hours ago..

Last edited by ILoveStrain; Aug 22, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
After posting the result here, they changed the rate of the hotel which I claimed as lower than that of ebooker's... LoL.

After your post about 20-odd hours ago, I submitted another BRG for ebookers. Two hours ago it was successful. Interestingly, it was the same agent who approved my BRG a few days ago.

Given the ridiculousness of all this, I propose that the format for the Wiki be changed to read:

ebookers
Approved: 8/18; 8/22
Denied: 8/21 (not immediately confirmable)

Also, how do people feel about naming agents (first name only)?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by danger
After your post about 20-odd hours ago, I submitted another BRG for ebookers. Two hours ago it was successful. Interestingly, it was the same agent who approved my BRG a few days ago.

Given the ridiculousness of all this, I propose that the format for the Wiki be changed to read:

ebookers

Wiki is maintained by members - to me what you propose us fine.

Naming agents - not sure what that would accomplish since this is done via email - not like telephone where you can call back if you particular agents.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

LOL.

I may be in the minority here, but I just want Hyatt to match the lower rate so I can get diamond treatment, stay credit, points, etc. The 20% is a nice bonus, but not the driver for all the work required to find BRGs...

Most of the time, it seems to me that the rate that changes is the competing rate "disappearing" or the website being denied, so having the hyatt.com rate reduced is still something of a result...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: HYATT GP Diamond / Marriott Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / Star alliance Gold

ebookers

It's a good proposal to categorize with booking agency. But, opening the name of the agent may be double-edged sword.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL.

I may be in the minority here, but I just want Hyatt to match the lower rate so I can get diamond treatment, stay credit, points, etc. The 20% is a nice bonus, but not the driver for all the work required to find BRGs...

Most of the time, it seems to me that the rate that changes is the competing rate "disappearing" or the website being denied, so having the hyatt.com rate reduced is still something of a result...
Yes. Just matching the rate may be the win-win for customers and the hotel chains. But.. there is another problem. If so, who will make a reservation with booking agency?

If some hotel chain do like that, the third party agency won't handle their properties any more.

There is a lot of hotels in that area and the Hyatt property is overpriced . Nevertheless, I made a decision to stay in the Hyatt property for the QS. I have tiers for some competing hotel chains, and can stay there with half price for the Hyatt. It's the reason to seek for BRG... The reduced price is still overprice..

Last edited by ILoveStrain; Aug 22, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Well, my first BRG request was with otel.com which they denied for the same reason that was posted above so I have re-submitted with ebookers.com and am awaiting the result.

Mind you that both agencies are accepted by Marriott.

Yay! Claim approved!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Aug 23, 2014 at 5:02 am Reason: Revised to note approval of claim!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:04 pm
Suspended

My brother got this response today when comparing a daily rate to an ota with the exact same cancellation policy:

" I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on the rates on hyatt.com has a $93 advance purchase rate and xxxxxxxx is $99 before taxes. The rate on our webiste is lower therefore, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee."
I think the agent thinks she is working for IHG. Of course she doesn't have horrible English...
Two identical claims for two different dates, one approved and one denied. Real nice.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My latest attempt got a reply of "we can't seem to open your screenshot - please send again". So I emailed it back in reply.

Naturally I check amoma.com this morning and my rate is gone... hmmm... strange how IT problems arise just at the right time for HGP.

I suppose I have a couple of months before that stay so a decent rate will come back I suspect...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Overnight I was successful for a third time using ebookers. That's three approvals for ebookers from two different agents in the past week.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:03 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Overnight I was successful for a third time using ebookers. That's three approvals for ebookers from two different agents in the past week.
For people matching ebookers how does it work if you are in the US? All the prices are in pounds UK.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
For people matching ebookers how does it work if you are in the US? All the prices are in pounds UK.
You simply change the rate display on hyatt.com to pounds sterling. On the form, put the hyatt.com and ebookers.com rates in pounds and note this in the comments field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.