FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:51 pm
ILoveStrain

Programs: HYATT GP Diamond / Marriott Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / Star alliance Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL.

I may be in the minority here, but I just want Hyatt to match the lower rate so I can get diamond treatment, stay credit, points, etc. The 20% is a nice bonus, but not the driver for all the work required to find BRGs...

Most of the time, it seems to me that the rate that changes is the competing rate "disappearing" or the website being denied, so having the hyatt.com rate reduced is still something of a result...
Yes. Just matching the rate may be the win-win for customers and the hotel chains. But.. there is another problem. If so, who will make a reservation with booking agency?

If some hotel chain do like that, the third party agency won't handle their properties any more.

There is a lot of hotels in that area and the Hyatt property is overpriced . Nevertheless, I made a decision to stay in the Hyatt property for the QS. I have tiers for some competing hotel chains, and can stay there with half price for the Hyatt. It's the reason to seek for BRG... The reduced price is still overprice..

Last edited by ILoveStrain; Aug 22, 2014 at 3:12 pm