Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
Here's an update:

-- Filed a BRG claim against a prepaid rate found on a competing site without having a reservation with Hyatt first.

-- Got approved, as expected, and had 24 hours to place a reservation and call in to adjust the rate.

-- Booked my reservation using Hyatt Daily Rate, which is of course a flexible rate not like the rate I claim the BRG against.

-- The agent on the phone was very nice, quickly adjusted the price but informed me that she would have to change the rate to an Advanced Rate with no cancellation. I agreed, and a minute later I had the new confirmation with the correctly-adjusted rate.

I'm a big fan of Hyatt's BRG program.
^
This has not been my experince in the past. I have always had rate approved regardless if it was against a pre-paid rate or not. It always seemed if I found a lower rate, with same room type, than Hyatt BRG was approved (not always first try mind you). I never booked the room on Hyatt before I submitted my BRG and when I booked after BRG was approved I would also book cancelable rate. After I called in to Hyatt they never changed a rate to pre-paid.

This is the same process I experince with SPG as well.

My rule of thumb is I never trust what one of the Hyatt agents advise me regarding BRG. I'm not sure why it seems that a majority of them seem to not understand BRG process. There are a couple I have had the oppertunity to work with that do understand and I trust. However, if soemthing doesn't seem right I will submit to the Passport lukers here to get clarification and to help resolve. I have given up on trying to advise a Hyatt agent on how the process should work, it is just a waste of both of our time.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Here's an update:

-- Filed a BRG claim against a prepaid rate found on a competing site without having a reservation with Hyatt first.

-- Got approved, as expected, and had 24 hours to place a reservation and call in to adjust the rate.

-- Booked my reservation using Hyatt Daily Rate, which is of course a flexible rate not like the rate I claim the BRG against.

-- The agent on the phone was very nice, quickly adjusted the price but informed me that she would have to change the rate to an Advanced Rate with no cancellation. I agreed, and a minute later I had the new confirmation with the correctly-adjusted rate.

I'm a big fan of Hyatt's BRG program.
^
Oh, seems different agents have different practice.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
This has not been my experince in the past. I have always had rate approved regardless if it was against a pre-paid rate or not. It always seemed if I found a lower rate, with same room type, than Hyatt BRG was approved (not always first try mind you). I never booked the room on Hyatt before I submitted my BRG and when I booked after BRG was approved I would also book cancelable rate. After I called in to Hyatt they never changed a rate to pre-paid.

This is the same process I experince with SPG as well.

My rule of thumb is I never trust what one of the Hyatt agents advise me regarding BRG. I'm not sure why it seems that a majority of them seem to not understand BRG process. There are a couple I have had the oppertunity to work with that do understand and I trust. However, if soemthing doesn't seem right I will submit to the Passport lukers here to get clarification and to help resolve. I have given up on trying to advise a Hyatt agent on how the process should work, it is just a waste of both of our time.
I'm glad to know others, you included, have better experience with this,
but,
in my case the agent did exactly what she should have done.

The hotel in question had an Advanced Rate available. I found a better prepaid rate on a competing site and filed a BRG. So why should I get a flexible rate on the reservation in this case? The T&C of the program do not say that each reservation with a BRG-approved-rate should be flexible. Any agent that does what you suggest, given an Advanced Rate is available on the hotel site, is just giving the customer a benefit he's not entitled to.

Please correct me of I'm wrong here.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:34 am
Suspended

Can I book one res for 3 rooms and file a claim and get all the rooms reduced 20% off the ota?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended

follow up

The response from dana with regards to the 4 scenarios I posted above:

Thank you so much for your email.

In scenario 1, Hyatt has the same lower rate, this would not be a BRG.

In scenario 2, the lowest rate would be on the third party, but we would match it to our nonrefundable rate.

In scenario 3, this would not qualify for a BRG as it is a packaged rate.

In scenario 4, this would be a BRG as the third party has a lower rate
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
I have been told there is a Team that handles the BRG Claims and I have already been waiting 5 Days since I submitted mine.
Where is Dana?
This is totally unacceptable.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by suite2suite
I have been told there is a Team that handles the BRG Claims and I have already been waiting 5 Days since I submitted mine.
Where is Dana?
This is totally unacceptable.
Sounds like your claim didn't go through at all.
I had a few claims processed in the last few days - all answered within about 12 hours.

Don't be alarm.
Dana, I believe, has moved on to another position, but Hyatt concierge team here on FT is still very much alive and amazingly helpful.
Send them a PM and I'm sure they'll help you out.
^
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
All my BRGs have been processed swiftly, not alway to the expected outcome but all the same timely.

I guess yours did not go through to an agent, re submit.

My last BRG screen shot for some unknown reason could not be opened by the team and i received an email from a team member asking for a new copy, it was far nicer having a name and a person to deal with. BRG was authorised real quick.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by dewby
My last BRG screen shot for some unknown reason could not be opened by the team and i received an email from a team member asking for a new copy...
Always use JPEG format, and only that. Sometimes they can't even open PDF.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Has anyone had any luck submitting a claim in a different currency other then dollars?

I have a current reservation in dollars but found better rate on the Hotel.com Mexican website in pesos.

The US Hotels.com website shows a higher rate.

edit....I think I found my answer:

In the event that the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the Hyatt rate, Hyatt shall convert the Competing Rate into the same currency as the rate offered on the Hyatt website. If, after conversion to the same currency, a Competing Rate is less than one percent (1%) lower than the Hyatt rate, then such competing rate shall not qualify for the Best Rate Guarantee. Such deviations are often the result of fluctuations in currency exchange rates and other factors beyond Hyatt's control.

Last edited by david55; Jan 12, 2015 at 8:11 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:15 pm

the last two i submitted that were successful were via PDF.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yes, PDF is usually OK as well, but not always. That's why I prefer JPEG.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yes, PDF is usually OK as well, but not always. That's why I prefer JPEG.
An agent once told me that that PDF is the preferred format.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by danger
An agent once told me that that PDF is the preferred format.
PDF has never worked for me. I always get an e-mail stating they could not open the attached file.

Something that BRG needs to fix.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
PDF has never worked for me. I always get an e-mail stating they could not open the attached file.

Something that BRG needs to fix.
i wonder if this is due to the center that is helping with your request. I have had 3 BRGs approved (within the last 2 weeks) all using PDFs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.