Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Just stayed Paris Madeleine on an award stay in late May, 2004. Have stayed there many times. Upgraded to an "executive junior suite" (room next to elevator) facing street on high floor without asking (as a Diamond). Arrived late, but called ahead to notify of late arrival. Great room. Very pleasant stay as always. General Manager reception on Thursday night I beleive, complimentary Champagne!!! Enjoy.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:27 pm

Hyatt Madeleine Worth 15k Points?

Is it worth spending 15k at the Madeleine in Paris? Although this hotel does not allow redemption of FNNs, if I stay here prior to September 30th, will I earn 1/2 of a FNN?

I seem to recall that I've stayed at the Hyatt Manchester in San Diego (which also does not participate in FNNs), but I earned credit that counted towards a FNN stay elsewhere.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 12:33 am

It's a very nice hotel. I was there in 2000 though, so it's been a while (and that's before Paris Vendome opened). I remember having to pay 24,000 points a night (60% premium because standard award rooms were sold out) for 6 nights. It was a bit painful, but as there were 3 of us to one room, I thought it was still worth it. I was a Diamond, and all of us had complimentary breakfast buffet in the lobby lounge. The spread was very nice, with lots of pastries and high quality fresh fruit. We were very happy with the hotel.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I agree that it's a nice property. I didn't love the room decor, but the staff was very, very accommodating. Given the dollar/euro exchange rate and the cost of a room there, it seems to me a good use of your points if the PH is not available.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
Is it worth spending 15k at the Madeleine in Paris? Although this hotel does not allow redemption of FNNs, if I stay here prior to September 30th, will I earn 1/2 of a FNN?

I seem to recall that I've stayed at the Hyatt Manchester in San Diego (which also does not participate in FNNs), but I earned credit that counted towards a FNN stay elsewhere.
You will recieve FFN credit and it is well worth the 15k points to stay there if the PH is full. On that note, the PH Paris often opens up all remaiing rooms for FFN and award points a few days before, sometimes GP custoemr service has to send an e-mail to the hotel to get the room released. If you can get into the PH I would go there, otherwise the Madeleine is a good second option.

Enjoy your stay
Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
I've stayed at the Hyatt Madeleine about a dozen times now as a diamond member--and the service has been consistently top-notch. The help from the concierges on duty was invaluable during two separate stays in which my checked bags were misdirected (by KLM and AirFrance).

During those stays, I've been upgraded to the "jr. suite" about half of the time, but never to the suite. The likelihood of upgrades depends on the rate of occupancy at the hotel. In these jr. suites, you can put 1 or maybe squeeze in 2 roller beds, but it would be cramped.

I've stayed at the Vendome once, and wasn't offered an upgrade.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I stayed in both this past month and I really liked the Madeleine. The room size was equivalent, the bathrooms were not as opulent, but the service was great and it was much more intimate. Breakfasts for diamonds are equivalent in my mind.

The manager at the Madeleine was very approachable as well. The Madeleine is very close to the vendome and that general area which is nice.

The hyatt.com rate for the madeleine was about 312 USD for one night, so if you did a few paid nights combined with a paid night, you would be doing okay.

lala
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
I respectfully & totally disagree with the above posters. We spent 2 nights at the Madeleine & the 'deluxe' room we were shown was teeny - had no idea where our bags would go & could barely turn around in the bath. They weren't that friendly at check-in & when we returned to the desk, we were offered a jr. Suite for 100E additional. The suite was basically a bit larger room with an entryway foyer, but we took it, the other room was so cramped. I don't like the location - very ugly street, although close to Pl. Madeleine. Breakfasts were very weak compared top the PH. We were very happy to get out of there & to the PH, where we have been upgraded to Pl Vendome view suites both stays. The Guest Manager came & introduced himself, bought us drinks when we had to wait for our room (it was 11am, so they had no responsibility), the location is gorgeous and the rooms - especially the baths, incredible. I can't understand why someone would prefer the Madeleine at all.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by brendamc
I respectfully & totally disagree with the above posters. We spent 2 nights at the Madeleine & the 'deluxe' room we were shown was teeny - had no idea where our bags would go & could barely turn around in the bath. They weren't that friendly at check-in & when we returned to the desk, we were offered a jr. Suite for 100E additional. The suite was basically a bit larger room with an entryway foyer, but we took it, the other room was so cramped. I don't like the location - very ugly street, although close to Pl. Madeleine. Breakfasts were very weak compared top the PH. We were very happy to get out of there & to the PH, where we have been upgraded to Pl Vendome view suites both stays. The Guest Manager came & introduced himself, bought us drinks when we had to wait for our room (it was 11am, so they had no responsibility), the location is gorgeous and the rooms - especially the baths, incredible. I can't understand why someone would prefer the Madeleine at all.
The DLX rooms at the Madeleine are by no means small. Moreover, the bathrooms of the dlx rooms are rather large with a separate glass enclosed shower. The bathrooms have windows in most dlx rooms. I suspect you were shown a regular room and not a dlx room. It is my understanding that the hotel has only 1 or 2 Jr. suites. I stayed in one and it was very nice. I again suspect that you were given a true dlx room for the 100E.
I think most will agree, the street the hotel is on is very nice and it is close to many things.

It sounds to me as if you receive the royal treatment at the PH, which most here on FT will tell you is rare. I have been to the PH several times and have never been offered an amenity, upgrade or even a free drink despite the fact my room was not ready on one occassion at 4 pm.

It sounds to me as if the OP is staying several days in Paris and to me the most prudent conduct would not be using an extra 9k points a night to stay at a hotel that has shown that it does not value Diamonds as much as its sister hotel (especially when that sister hotel is available for 9k points less a night)
Old Jul 18, 2008, 1:15 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by capteros
My God...don't do the Madeleine. It's a decent property, but no where near the level of the Park Hyatt. I recently did a stay in Paris and separated the stay between the two hotels. I wished I hadn't. Recommend staying all 8 nights at the Vendome,
So how do I feel, now that I am at the Madeleine, sure it's smaller, very much smaller, but they must have taken pity on me, or was it something I said, anyway I have a lovely room overlooking the avenue. Both hotels are brilliant, absolutely amazingm rooms, love the bathrooms and the perfume. They gave me the most exquisite limonge dish full of fruit and the flowers, but OMG, I am sure Paris has doubled in price in the last 12 months, or maybe our exchange has encountered problems keeping up with the Euro. Agree about the earlier post about position position position, you are so right.
Find the parisian staff at hotels extra friendly, so helpful, regards bkkrop
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:21 pm

Breakfast at MADELAINE

I might spend one night here next week. How are the breakfast comped to a Diamond member? Do we simply sign the bill and they take it out at check out? Is it limited to restaurant only or can we have it via room service?

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
New diamond - what can I expect at Hyatt Madeline in Paris

Staying there using FFN's in February. I am a new diamond. What can I expect there as a diamond? Anything?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by mjh218
Staying there using FFN's in February. I am a new diamond. What can I expect there as a diamond? Anything?
Welcome to flyertalk, mjh, and congrats on getting to be a diamond, as hard as I try, it's beyond me. We stayed there a couple of times this year and as a lowly plat they gave us an upgrade to a beautiful suite overlooking the boulevarde. Mind you, on the first booking we were in a room overlooking a courtyard, which didn't offer any privacy at all if the drapes were pulled. We had a fruit platter, actually 8 bright red apples in a limogef platter. We had tea, tea leaves not bags, room delivered each morning with the Le Monde newspaper. There's a small business centre near the lobby entrance, and the food in the front restaurant is to die for. It is a small boutique hotel, nothing is over the top, but the staff are very professional. check the Madeleine site on this forum, there is a great bar in the back street which we had fun. I thought I read somewhere that the Paris hotels were not doing FFNs, good to hear you scored a night or two, regards bkkrop
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is regular RATP express bus service to Opera which isn't far from the hotel. But then there will be the problem of going the last 500 meters with considerable baggage. Still this is likely to be the best alternative that doesn't potentially require going up and down a bunch of stairs. Also, the bus drivers seem to have all sorts of sneaky routes to evade Paris traffic during rush hour.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Heading to Paris for the first time on Feb 18th and staying at the Madeline. Have a few questions....

1. This is asked a few posts above, but what is the easiest way to get from CDG to the hotel? How much would a taxi cost?

2. I see some of the posts above talk about the high cost of drinks/food at the hotel (I can't really tell if they are talking about the Park Hyatt or the Madeline, but I am guessing it probably applies to both) can anyone recommend some good places to grab breakfast. Not looking for anything overly fancy, just an easy place to get some decent food to fuel up for the day without taking out a mortgage.

3. Can anyone recommend a few restaurants within walking distance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.