Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wpj
I recently stayed in the Madeleine with points, I was given an upgrade to the presidential suite in the top floor, it was a wonderful experience, in one side have 4 balconies facing the eiffel tower, arch de triumph and in the other side a big terrace with views to the sacre cueur and other buildings. you can see the major buildings from the room day and night. we were given as amenity champagne, plate of fruit and some very nice cookies. late check out @ 4pm . free internet, and free breakfast in the room a la cart.

will post some pics of the room and views soon.
Sounds like the treatment for a lucky Hyatt Courtesy Card holder. Mere Diamonds and other ordinary customers staying there on points -- or even on non-awards -- can pretty much count on not getting that lucky at the property.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by wpj
I recently stayed in the Madeleine with points, I was given an upgrade to the presidential suite in the top floor, it was a wonderful experience, in one side have 4 balconies facing the eiffel tower, arch de triumph and in the other side a big terrace with views to the sacre cueur and other buildings. you can see the major buildings from the room day and night. we were given as amenity champagne, plate of fruit and some very nice cookies. late check out @ 4pm . free internet, and free breakfast in the room a la cart.

Look forward to the pics.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Inquiring minds.....

Originally Posted by wpj

(BTW, wasn't there a movie about you?? )
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:55 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
as promised photos presidential suite

here some photos of the suite, click here for the complete photo slideshow you can activate full-screen then. enjoy.

Old Sep 28, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Suite... Thank you wpj. Sacré-Cœur, Eiffel and Montparnasse from one hotel room. Not too bad...
Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:27 am

That`s one hell of an upgrade for an award stay. That suite looks very comfortable, and looks like it has a residential feel to it. Weather permitting, in room breakfast on that terrace must be pretty
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:22 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by lalala
Unlike the Park Hyatt, this hotel has the typical slamming doors or slamming door guests that plague the Hyatt chain from Kathmandu to Savannah Georgia.
I have over 50 stays at Hyatt so far this year... and have never heard a problem with door slamming?

Last edited by JonathanIT; Nov 13, 2010 at 1:47 pm Reason: correction
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just wanted to check on a few things about this property.

Looks like treatment of elites has been pretty decent ^ I'll be a Diamond when I am staying there. Should I definitely get an upgrade to a suite, or would it be best to use a suite upgrade cert? I'll also be staying one night on points. Any chance of an upgrade for that "stay"?

As far as transportation to CDG, what would any of your recommend? I understand you can take a train.. Do they have a car service, or is there a reliable service to be used?

-FS
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Just wanted to check on a few things about this property.

Looks like treatment of elites has been pretty decent ^ I'll be a Diamond when I am staying there. Should I definitely get an upgrade to a suite, or would it be best to use a suite upgrade cert? I'll also be staying one night on points. Any chance of an upgrade for that "stay"?

As far as transportation to CDG, what would any of your recommend? I understand you can take a train.. Do they have a car service, or is there a reliable service to be used?

-FS
Treatment of elites at this property is good, but getting an upgrade to a suite without using some kind of instrument (points or promotional award certificate) is not a common experience for Diamonds at this property booked into regular rooms using points or otherwise paying in the regular way.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Treatment of elites at this property is good, but getting an upgrade to a suite without using some kind of instrument (points or promotional award certificate) is not a common experience for Diamonds at this property booked into regular rooms using points or otherwise paying in the regular way.
Is there any way to upgrade with one of the Diamond certs, or some GP points if I am on an award stay, or would I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they give me a free upgrade?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Is there any way to upgrade with one of the Diamond certs, or some GP points if I am on an award stay, or would I just have to keep my fingers crossed that they give me a free upgrade?
In the days when suite upgrade certificates were paper certs, there was sometimes a chance to use them on award stays to get upgraded to suites. Nowadays, the chances of that happening seem to completely elude me.

Free upgrades for Diamonds do happen pretty consistently (including on award stays) at this property, but mostly to a larger room with a better view; free upgrades to suites are unfortunately another story (even on regular paid stays for rooms at the property).
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:43 am

As usual, YMMV, but this past Summer I booked 2 rooms using awards - one was upgraded to a one bedroom suite, the other an Executive room facing Blvd Malesherbes.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:11 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold

-FS
we arrived @ night and we took a cab from the airport 35 euros if I remember correctly, not a big deal, door to door and no need to walk with the luggage through stairs , etc.

but if you arrive during the day without luggage.. you can take the RER and combination with metro for the madeleine station.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by wpj
we arrived @ night and we took a cab from the airport 35 euros if I remember correctly, not a big deal, door to door and no need to walk with the luggage through stairs , etc.

but if you arrive during the day without luggage.. you can take the RER and combination with metro for the madeleine station.
IIRC, you can avoid stairs entirely using the RER/metro--the change at Les Halles to the Bibliotheque Nationale metro line can be done without stairs and there's an elevator to street level at the Madeleine stop--it's a bit further walk from theree to the hotel than from some of the other exits, but it's all flat.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Just got back from a quick stay here (my second). The hotel is solid; breakfast is great and the service was everything that I could hope for. And of course the location, while not quite the same as the Park, is just about as good as it gets in Paris.

The most noteworthy aspect of my stay was that I had a couple of drinks, amounting to EUR 40, at the bar -- which features a very nice selection -- and they didn't show up on the bill at check-out. Only the tip did. I mentioned this to the front-desk staff, and they told me that they were complimentary because I am Diamond member. ^ I don't think that they advertise this, and I wasn't expecting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.