Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, UA Premier Exec, CX Gold, Diamond GP, Hilton Gold, RC Gold
Room 702, Suite?

Upgraded to room 702 which was nice of the front desk staff.

However, the room is not that impressive. In fact, the rooms on the lower floors with the tall ceilings would have been better.

Streetview is always a plus.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by ktp28
Upgraded to room 702 which was nice of the front desk staff.

However, the room is not that impressive. In fact, the rooms on the lower floors with the tall ceilings would have been better.

Streetview is always a plus.
Just completed a one-night award stay and had one of the 7th floor rooms (704). I found it quite charming and perfect for spending a day and a night in Paris. Woke up and threw open the curtains to see the Eiffel Tower over the rooftops of the city. Kept the windows/balcony doors open all night for fresh cool air. Amenity was a half bottle of red Santerres, which has been packed away since I was too tired from a day of walking and my previous overnight on the plane to drink it. Quiet buffet breakfast in the cafe, though my waiter never mentioned I could order an omelette or other type of egg dish...overhead another waiter mention it to a couple down the room. Scrambled eggs were fine for my appetite considering am shortly boarding my TG flight in F to BKK and onward and will have lots to eat over the next 24-hours.

Hotel is nicely located for the Madeleine (fortunately the cost of the delights sold in the store around the church were too rich for my budget), the Tuileries and the grande department stores. Walked from and to the Rouissybus at Opera in the perfect spring mildness of Paris.

While the room was smallish, I had no complaints and often contemplated being able to simplify my life and possessions so I could actually live in a space of that side (with a small kitchen tacked on, of course.)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Both my wife and I are platinum and are considering spending two nights at the Madeline in July on an award stay.

Should we have any reason to expect any upgrade or breakfast? Or will we most likely be treated as if we have no status? We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and I would be glad to send an email to the GM along with proof of our wedding date if that might help. Any recent experience and/or thougths?

TIA
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by mile ho
Both my wife and I are platinum and are considering spending two nights at the Madeline in July on an award stay.

Should we have any reason to expect any upgrade or breakfast? Or will we most likely be treated as if we have no status? We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and I would be glad to send an email to the GM along with proof of our wedding date if that might help. Any recent experience and/or thougths?

TIA
Just checked in a bit ago, Platinum here.....waited to check in til 2pm (was coming from Vendome -- who didn't have any availability for tonight, and I had 2pm checkout there so I stayed right until 2pm)...got to Madeleine, and was automatically upgraded to boulevard facing deluxe room on the 5th floor. Looks like King sized bed to me as well.

Of course today is a Sunday and I'm only staying tonight, I used 22k points, not a Visa cert (if that matters). YMMV on a weekend night for an upgrade? Good luck!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What is the best room a Diamond member is entitled to, subject to availability? Would it be a deluxe king/queen/twin or an executive king/twin?

http://paris.madeleine.hyatt.com/hya...escription.jsp
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
We are coming up to a 3 night stay here in a suite. I am currently status-less. It is a paid stay. Does anyone know if breakfast will be included? Being a HR with a suite stay the answer would usually be yes, but I'm not sure.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by keiko
We are coming up to a 3 night stay here in a suite. I am currently status-less. It is a paid stay. Does anyone know if breakfast will be included? Being a HR with a suite stay the answer would usually be yes, but I'm not sure.
I would definitely make a point that you are not using a visa card free awards for a suite (75 US dollars for the card= award for 2 nights ! ) since you are not US resident. By the way, the same Hyatt Visa Card gives automatic platinum status to the person applying for it - which makes status at Hyatt a joke.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
I would definitely make a point that you are not using a visa card free awards for a suite (75 US dollars for the card= award for 2 nights ! ) since you are not US resident. By the way, the same Hyatt Visa Card gives automatic platinum status to the person applying for it - which makes status at Hyatt a joke.
I second that comment.

Paris, especially the Park Vendome is infiltrated by guests from the US on free stays, therefore one faces a certain danger ( even at world class properties ) that the FD manager oversees the fact that one actually pays for a suite, because there are so used to the guests using awards...

In Europe, paying for a suite normally includes access to the club and therefore breakfast, however I do not know how the properties in Paris without a club handle paid stays in a suite.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
Hyatt card not available to non US residents

Madeline doesn't do suite upgrades. And I don't have a Hyatt card since I don't live in the US.

I just want to know if I can expect any comp F&B as is usual in a suite at a HR.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FD1971
...one faces a certain danger ( even at world class properties ) that the FD manager oversees the fact that one actually pays for a suite...
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "certain danger" here. Wouldn't a guest paying for a suite be seen very favorably by any front desk manager and hotel, including world class properties?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Firewind
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "certain danger" here. Wouldn't a guest paying for a suite be seen very favorably by any front desk manager and hotel, including world class properties?
They are so used to people using awards in Paris that they might oversee the fact that a guest really pays for the room or suite, therefore I see a certain danger that he will be treated like an el cheapo guest who signed up for the right credit card instead of a very valuable guest paying for a suite in Paris...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:48 pm

Received upgrade (diamond) to deluxe room. Left after one night. Room was smelling, air-condition was extremely loud, room was not 100% clean, room was very used.

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....madeleine.html
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Our stay Mar 11-15 was fine..... as requested, a room facing the back courtyard was fully quiet, whole hotel had a nicely "quiet" or subdued feeling, including the lobby lounge and cafe areas.

Staff was attentive, comfortable in English, helpful guiding first-time visitors.

If you've stayed at USA small-city Hyatts, this place would be similar.....room size is about 3 feet extra around the bed, plus desk and TV/minibar.....bathroom is fine by USA property standards....actually, the wall of 3 closets was better than most Hyatts!

Two days of our visit was a snowstorm, so here are some practicalities..... nearest metro (subway) station is St. Augustine, a 3-block, 5-minute walk from hotel. The St. Augustine station has one metro ticket machine which takes euro bills (rather than coins only), can be set for English and dispenses various Mobilis passes and airport tickets (kiosk machine is green with an orange stripe on top). Also, the St. Augustine station is connected by a lonnng, but underground, walkway to the St Lazare RER train station and several other metro (subway) lines.

I mention this because in the hotel lobby, some tourists were waiting 45mins or more for taxis to Louvre or train stations during the snow and its aftermath.

Also, close to hotel (2 blocks on way to St. Augustine station) is a "Monoprix" store, which includes a medium-size grocery store and bakery. It stayed open during snowstorm and was a great source for ready-to-eat packaged foods, fresh breads and fruits, wine etc for our in-the-room picnics. At Monoprix, payment was sucessful with USA-issued B of A Travel Rewards card (which has a chip, but no encoded pin) with a signature.

Many folks on FT talk about using the Schwab ATM card..... it worked fine at the bank ATM for cash at the corner where the St Augustine metro stop (BNL Paribas bank?)

Last edited by peersteve; Mar 18, 2013 at 4:08 pm Reason: add ATM & credit card info
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And I'm sure you tried your best in French :-)
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Originally Posted by RTW1
And I'm sure you tried your best in French :-)
Oh you are quite right......as an admittedly self-professed "dumb American" who rarely travels abroad, my French starts and ends with "bonjour" "merci" and maybe "tres bien"....all with an atrocious accent!

In the post above, meant to say the hotel staff was "comfortable" in English (and likely a half dozen other languages)....I only mention it since other hotel reviews remark on staff language ability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.