Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:02 pm

Great spot

Had a 4 night stay leading into Christmas Eve this past week. Booked two rooms, one with cash and points, and the other via family rate, and was able to secure connecting rooms.

Originally had a club suite booked at the Regency, but my wife was not a fan of not being able to walk around.

really loved the hotel. Top notch staff, and such a nice location. We were able to walk places when it didn’t rain.

The rooms were on the small side, and without a view, but we loved the boutique feel. The hotel is on a lovely wide boulevard not far from Champs-Élysées and Saint Honoré.

The breakfast was pretty good, but not free since I’m only Explorist. It was 40€ for adults and kids are for free.

One of the rooms was a standard queen, and the other was a deluxe queen. Both had shower tub combos and coffee machines.

The madeleines in the lobby were delicious.

Last edited by nikehair; Jan 1, 2024 at 5:52 pm
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by nikehair
Had a 4 night stay leading into Christmas Eve this past week. Booked two rooms, one with cash and points, and the other via family rate, and was able to secure connecting rooms.

Originally had a club suite booked at the Regency, but my wife was not a fan of not being able to walk around.

really loved the hotel. Top notch staff, and such a nice location. We were able to walk places when it didn’t rain.

The rooms were on the small side, and without a view, but we loved the boutique feel. The hotel is on a lovely wide boulevard not far from Champs-Élysées and Saint Honoré.

The breakfast was pretty good, but not free since I’m only Explorist. It was 40€ for adults and kids are for free.

One of the rooms was a standard queen, and the other was a deluxe queen. Both had shower tub combos and coffee machines.

The madeleines in the lobby were delicious.

How does the family rate work? If I book one room with points, am i able to secure a better rate for room 2? I am traveling with my wife and 2 children and am interestd in the hotel - but not at 60k points (30k x 2) per night.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by cidcock
How does the family rate work? If I book one room with points, am i able to secure a better rate for room 2? I am traveling with my wife and 2 children and am interestd in the hotel - but not at 60k points (30k x 2) per night.

So in my case, it took lot of trying to finally get availability, but I booked one room with cash + points (I didn't have enough points to do it entirely on points), then called Hyatt, and they were able to secure a 2nd room for 50% off the room rate. It will depend on availability, because at first they had a non connecting room for only 15% off.

Your other options are Hotel du Louvre and Hyatt Regency Etoille, which should also have this familt rate option.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by nikehair
So in my case, it took lot of trying to finally get availability, but I booked one room with cash + points (I didn't have enough points to do it entirely on points), then called Hyatt, and they were able to secure a 2nd room for 50% off the room rate. It will depend on availability, because at first they had a non connecting room for only 15% off.

Your other options are Hotel du Louvre and Hyatt Regency Etoille, which should also have this familt rate option.

Thanks! And to confirm, you called Hyatt - not the property? I only see point availability at Madeleine right now anyways - not etoille or Louvre
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by cidcock
Thanks! And to confirm, you called Hyatt - not the property? I only see point availability at Madeleine right now anyways - not etoille or Louvre

Yes, I called Hyatt Explorist line, but you can prob just call the normal number. I tried several times and it wasn't available until a few days before my arrival. Hotel is generally fully booked.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Hi all. Looking to stay at this hotel. Would stay on points but contacted the hotel to ask about daily upcharges for bigger room or suite. Got very gracious response. $110 Euro/night for King Bed Premium or $210 for Junior Suite. Pictures on the website make both look pretty similar. Had booked the Marriott Opera (which would include breakfast) but reviews are all over the place, whereas most reviews on Tripadvisor are excellent for Madeline. I'm willing to pay the extra for the Junior Suite unless it's silly. Anyone have any experiences with either or both of these room types? Many thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the free happy hour available for all guests each evening?
Is there a gym?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by stevens397
Hi all. Looking to stay at this hotel. Would stay on points but contacted the hotel to ask about daily upcharges for bigger room or suite. Got very gracious response. $110 Euro/night for King Bed Premium or $210 for Junior Suite. Pictures on the website make both look pretty similar. Had booked the Marriott Opera (which would include breakfast) but reviews are all over the place, whereas most reviews on Tripadvisor are excellent for Madeline. I'm willing to pay the extra for the Junior Suite unless it's silly. Anyone have any experiences with either or both of these room types? Many thanks.
I arranged for an upgrade to a King Premium room in advance, and while they quoted me a similar price, I was never charged when I checked out. I am a Globalist so perhaps that’s why.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the free happy hour available for all guests each evening?
Is there a gym?
Its been 10yrs since I stayed here, but I recall a small but well appointed gym in the basement
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
This information is late, but our stay was terrific. The service was rated a 10 on a scale of 1 to 5.

I checked in on Saturday, July 15. A few months before arriving in Paris, I booked a dinner cruise on the Seine with the concierge. The concierge provided a link to book the cruise. I somehow lost track of the email with the ticket and discovered this an hour or so before arriving at the hotel.

I hopefully explained my predicament to the lady checking me in. She went above and beyond the call of duty. Somehow she was able to retrieve the email with tickets. Then she printed them. This was accomplished within 30 minutes after I arrived. I tried to get her name and she was humble and declined to give it. She just wanted to provide excellent service.

While waiting for the tickets to be sorted, we sat down at the restaurant. I was hot and tired and not hungry, but my girlfriend wanted something to eat. Emily is outstanding in the restaurant. I wanted to go up to the room and rest. I was sitting there, and Emily brought me some bread and a glass of water. I inhaled the bread. She brought some more bread and water. Then, she provided excellent service to my girlfriend.

The next night, Emily waited on me for dinner. She single handily served everyone snd kept things moving. She was friendly and pleasant.

GF ordered room service, which was prompt each time. The maid cleaned the room in a Timely manner.

The room is exceptionally comfortable with a thermostat that allows precise control of the temperature.

This was one of my best stays in a hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I am currently here on a longer stay (10 days). It has been fine but a few missteps, mostly small things by housekeeping. Couple examples- took multiple requests including going directlyto the front desk (and perhaps there was a communication issue) to get foam pillows for my wife & I.
on day 3 housekeeping removed our 2 robes (which we had been using every day) during servicing. We didn't notice til late at night so didn't call...next day after housekeeping, still no robes. Had to call to request. Seems like there is no HK qc going on?
last night just before heading to dinner (went to Pur @ PH...excellent! Will post about that in PH thread) we finished the tissue box. So 7 pm called and requested new box of tissue. Went out, def did Not leave the DND sign on door, came back at 1130...no tissues...hmmm

Did meet & chat with the gm...she is very nice. Just been there a year.. definitely asked alot of questions, and was interested in view from a longtime Glob perspective.

Otherwise stay has been good...hotel is very bz so no upgrade (I didn't expect one...they don't accept TSUs).

Daily happy hour is nice - I don't know if it is for all guests or only Glob.

Breakfast is excellent...just as we remembered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.