Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Paris Madeleine REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Any recent updates as have possible stay coming up soon.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
HR Paris Madeleine sounds like a great hotel, and very intimate. I look forward to giving it a try in the future. It is too bad that this property does not participate in the suite upgrade program.. that would be an amazing deal in Paris.
I have only stayed here twice, the second time I had a suite upgrade, which I had requested, but it was never taken off my allocation, so this may have been the reason. I did write and thank the GM for this gesture. This is a fantastic location, if you read previous posts and locate the bars, restaurants and laundry, the bus to the apt is close by as are the chocolate shops
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:36 am

Just spent a weekend stay at this hotel. I used to stay there regularly during its early years, and this was a wonderful return visit. I feel that the service has now gotten even better, with a very intimate and personalized feel. Everyone is warm, caring, genuine, and concerned about the guests' comfort and well-being, and they do so effortlessly and quietly. The breakfast buffet is almost as good as Vendome's, although the latter has better cut fruit and pastry selection. Even so, the Madeleine spread is extensive and will not leave anyone hungry.

The location is good, convenient and discreet, without the flash and high profile of Vendome.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
How is the concierge service there compared to the vendome?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I find them better, more along the style of the intimate Park Hyatts i like. The concierge has looked after my flight changes, they sort out a lot for me, Paris seems to be one city, I am forever getting into trouble It is hard to beat the Vendome, it is classy, but if you are happier and more comfortable with a smaller hotel, the madeliene is the finest. The management and staff are first rate, the food is beautiful and although there is no club, they do look after you in their own way
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:50 am

I stayed at HR Madeleine last month. We booked 2 rooms and both rooms were upgraded - one to a Suite and one to a Deluxe one (facing Blvd Malesherbes). Both rooms received a bottle of wine and the Diamond breakfast was extended to all 4 guests. Although I slightly prefer PH PV, Madeleine is a superb, intimate hotel. It's a great alternate to PH PV.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
Stayed there last year using FFN. Got an upgraded room. It is a very nice hotel with exceptional service. The Vendome is also top notch, you really can't go wrong with either one. It is only a few minute walk from one to the other. I would be happy staying at either for my next visit
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Stayed 5 nights on BWB award, August 4-8, 2010. Stayed 2 nights at PH before that, and have stayed 7 nights in March at PH. We love the PH -- it's a very, very special hotel we would be happy to stay in every year. We were not sure we could like a hotel as well, but have to say the Madeleine shone in every category -- attentive and low-key staff who were also warm and friendly; not just cool and professional. Assistant GM went out of his way to offer suggestions and check that we were having a nice stay. On my husband's birthday, he sought us out at breakfast to wish him a happy birthday, and really made the day special. Breakfast was fabulous. Very similar to that at the PH -- not missing anything. Actually liked the location of the Madeleine better than the PH. In all, there is nothing that could have been improved upon. We did have an upgraded room -- the basic room can be quite small. One feature we thought was extra special was the double set of double-paned windows. We had a street-view room, and with the windows open, there was a lot of noise (street noise, not offensive noise), but with the windows closed, it was absolutely silent. A very nice feature.

Last edited by slocouple; Aug 21, 2010 at 5:20 am
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: United 1K - AA EXP - Avis CC - Hertz Plat - Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat
Has anyone ever had anything go "missing" from there room here at the Madeleine?

We are at the hotel right now. Yesterday evening we got back from a day trip to Normandy and I went to grab my iPad to check our flights on Wednesday and I couldn't find the iPad anywhere. My wife and I both searched the entire room and we can't find.

I talked to the front desk and they are investigating but I am not holding out any hope of it turning up.

No it was not in the safe, there wasn't enough room and I honestly wasn't really worried about it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Very Nice Stay

Last week stayed 2 nights as a comparison to our 4-night stay at PH Vendome the week prior. Agree with most other posters--I peferred the neighborhood of the Madeleine, breakfast items were very similar to PH Vendome (at Madeleine we ate in the restaurant, Vendome was room service).

Appreciated that they were able to give us our room early, around noon. Was told the room was an upgrade to king, courtyard view. Had trouble with the internet and room keyes both days. No amenity in the room, so later in the evening I asked and they brought a small bottle of wine. No mention about Diamond breakfast benefits, but from reading here I knew. I bit the bullet and sent laundry out since this was midway in a 2-week vacation. Restricted myself to only laundering 2 pair of long pants (didn't realize Paris summer would be much cooler), a light sweater and cotton top--€48 Gulp!

When we arrived we came via taxi from PH Vendome, meter said 4.50 but the driver mumbled something about minimum & luggage and charged €10. When leaving we were headed to CDG, so took Roissy bus--very easy to reach from Madeleine even with our 22" (albeit heavy) luggage--just ask the front desk.

Considering PH Vendome & Madeleine require the same number of GP points, I think my choice would be Vendome--that stay was flawless.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Checked in earlier today. Got a nice King upgrade facing Malesherbes. Nice view of the Eiffel Tower as well. The staff were really nice. No Diamond amenity and will report back tomm on the breakfast. Off tomm to the Vendome for 3 nights.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Stayed there a few weekends ago. We had incredible service by all the staff members. Room was upgraded to the executive room with an outstanding view of the Eiffel Tower. Had complimentary coffee delivered every morning and a specific time and was on the dot every morning. It definitely made the trip.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chanp
Checked in earlier today. Got a nice King upgrade facing Malesherbes. Nice view of the Eiffel Tower as well. The staff were really nice. No Diamond amenity and will report back tomm on the breakfast. Off tomm to the Vendome for 3 nights.
Sometimes they provide a bottle of wine; other times they seem to forget even that.

The hotel staff is very good.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I am here now and I have never had such a small dumpy room as the one I have now. If I was here for more than one night, I wouldn't have accepted the room. No upgrade was offered me at all. The front desk guy was not the most proactive guy I have met. When I returned to my room, my amenity of wine was brought up to me. I'll drink it in Zurich, my next port of call.

Unlike the Park Hyatt, this hotel has the typical slamming doors or slamming door guests that plague the Hyatt chain from Kathmandu to Savannah Georgia.

I do like the location with a monoprix nearby and good access to several metro lines. I just am not a fan of my first floor room by the elevator.

I order to punish myself further, I am considering a two day stay here in January. Maybe I'll get a view of the restaurant exhaust system.

lala
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:07 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
presidential suite

I recently stayed in the Madeleine with points, I was given an upgrade to the presidential suite in the top floor, it was a wonderful experience, in one side have 4 balconies facing the eiffel tower, arch de triumph and in the other side a big terrace with views to the sacre cueur and other buildings. you can see the major buildings from the room day and night. we were given as amenity champagne, plate of fruit and some very nice cookies. late check out @ 4pm . free internet, and free breakfast in the room a la cart.

will post some pics of the room and views soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.