Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
I recently completed a stay here are my thoughts:

Pros
Great location
Free internet for diamonds
Diamond member lounge (while RC is under renovation)
Renovated rooms
Ruth Chris on its way. Should be done by Summer of '09
Hotel is currently offering a G2 bonus through June 09 which is nice.

Cons:
The hotel is still under renovation. The lobby looks worn.
The stay fit gym is still under construction. There is a temporary gym. This should be completed by Summer of '09
The halls where the rooms are located are quite narrow and almost maze like.

Overall an ok hotel, but does not have the Hyatt feel to it. Perhaps it will get there once the renovations are complete.

On a side note, I visited Niche, a restaurant about 10 minutes south from the hotel, which is a must try.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Stayed There Last Night

My wife and I spent a Saturday evening at the Hyatt Riverfront. The renovations appear to be complete. The hotel has a great location, just across the street from the arch and within walking distance of the baseball stadium and dome. It is 18 stories, and has 900 rooms. The lobby is beautiful and spacious. There is the hotel restaurant, Red Kitchen, another restaurant, the Brewhouse, and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse. The hotel is also very close to many nice restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel has valet parking ($25/night). The front desk staff was very pleasant and efficient. All of the other hotel staff we encountered were also extremely friendly and efficient. We were on the 17th floor (Regency Club level). The Regency Club was nice with an excellent view of the river and part of the arch. The attendent was also very friendly and helpful.
Our room was very nice with a very comfortable bed (similar to other Hyatts) a flat panel TV, a nice desk and a comfortable chair. There was very limited drawer space in the room and actually was considerable empty space in the room near the windows. The room had large windows which looked down on a park area next to the hotel. If you looked to the side you could see one leg of the arch and the river.

My wife said "cool" when she saw the bathroom. It was small but very nice with a unique sink that my wife really liked. I noticed that all the hotel room doors slammed when they closed and you could hear them slam from doors down the hall. We did not hear anything from adjoining rooms, but I'm not certain if they were occupied. The night we were there, there was a concert under the arch. I am sure the music must have been very loud as we could hear it in our room, but it ended about 9:30 and was followed by fireworks.

Our room rate ($98 AAA Breakfast rate) included buffet breakfast at the Red Kitchen. Regular price was $14.95 which included juice and coffee. The server was very nice. The buffet was just okay, due to a limited selection, but everything we had was very good. They had an omelet station, with another very friendly staff member. They had a nice selection of pastries, sausage and bacon, french toast, scrambled eggs and some fruit.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and will definitely consider staying there again.

Greg
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Is this property the HR St. Louis at the Arch (315 Chestnut Street)?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Yes it is now called the Hyatt St Louis at the Arch. Very appropriate name since it's right across the street from the arch.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I've stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last 6 months. Upgraded every single time to either a Junior suite, or a direct view of the arch...great hotel, and the prices have been great!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:42 am

Property is the old Adams Mark and nice w/ great location for the arch or fball or bball games also...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:13 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posted to Facebook, they have a $59 Snow Rate for the next few days (through 2/7), with the G2 bonus not a bad haul if you have any use at all for the room.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:29 am

Thanks for the snow rate info!!!

I booked a room (Mardi Gras package) for $109; saw your post and called Diamond Line immediately. They adjusted the rate with no hassle.

Used my expiring diamond suite upgrade and was pre-blocked the junior suite for $59; gonna apply the $50 check cert from Costco as well.

$9+tax + G2 + 1W + Diamond bonii + full breakfast @ red + lounge access (booze) = I'm a happy camper!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: status-less.
HR St. Louis at the Arch

Stayed two nights 6/4 and 6/5, one night on the Cardinals baseball package deal and the second from the recent sale. Baseball package is $189 and includes $10 at Red, two $49 tickets to game (we were in section 134) and letter that gets you a full-size personalized bat souvenir (retail $50 at ballpark). We had our grandson's name and "All-star" lasered in, but you can get pretty much any text you want. Didn't score the $1 room but did meet another FTer in the elevator that did.

CHECK-IN
On the good side, lots of physical recognition and a personal intro from the "VIP manager", all very nice, but no upgrade offered to this Diamond despite asking. It was my first stay there and the desk clerk indicated they'd "make a note in my account for next time". Ended up with RC floor small King with partial view of Arch to the left and partial view of city to the right. Hotel may have been quite full; both self and valet parking were full. Valet directed us to Mansion House parking just north of Hyatt on 4th street (turn right immediately after Crowne Plaza); $3/day weekend rate.

Clerk found my envelope with the baseball tickets OK and only required minor prompting for the amenity card. Wife chose drink/fruit (two bottles of Schafly Pale Ale and three apples) over the 1000 points. I would have preferred to take the points. Clerk also stated
that we should get some coupons for free drinks at the Starbucks in the property but could not find them. Said they'd be sent up but they never were. We stopped by the desk and got them the next morning.

CLUB
Very attentive concierges, standard food/drink offerings. Evening protein offering was two kinds of cheese plus some turkey slices in a tasty coleslaw/vinagrettem plus some shrimp one night. Morning protein offering was cream cheese, smoked salmon and other cheeses. RC has one Mac and one PC for computer service for those that like the choice.

An annoyance on Friday night was that the hockey game (on Versus channel) was not available in the club, only in the bar. RC really should have full channel package.

FOOD/DRINK
Bar offerings are average, nothing special. T-shirts worn by servers in sports bar are humorous. Price for a pedestrian Scotch (JW Black) is a tad high, but pours are generous.

EXERCISE ROOM
Nicely appointed but off by itself down a hallway. Oddly placed at a corner of the building, resulting in lots of street-level windows where people can watch you from the outside. Not being either svelte or handsome, I didn't like that.

HOUSEKEEPING
Abysmally slow. On Saturday we left our room before 9 and upon returning at 6PM found the room hadn't yet been made up, but staff was in the hall. Wife gave them a tongue-lashing and we retired to the Club to watch the end of the game (went extra innings). Upon return
an hour later found room had been done.

CHECK-OUT
Some confusions in the bill, but the desk clerk did kindly reverse charges from my prepaid package rate and apply some Costco certificates, so a plus there. Internet is charged to room. Multiple packages are available, I took the fastest/most expensive and it was waived at checkout without my prompting. It was on a separate bill and the clerk just took it from me and threw it away, saying "you don't have to worry about this".

MISCELLANEOUS
Elevators worked fine, were not slow.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Stayed Last Friday night on an FFN.
Requested a King but was told none were available at booking. I was hoping for the bed bonus, but ended up with a King in a junior suite so I was pretty happy.
Overall great location for ball games, and sites.
Excellent staff and an overall very impressive stay.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Very Poor Experience

Just returned from a 3 night stay.

Very long wait to check in, no Diamond lane.

I had a poster tube for a conference delivered UPS in advance. They charged me $8 for accepting it. At previous stays at Hyatts and a J.W. Marriott I have not been charged for this service.

We went to the Regency Club for a drink and after about 15 minutes of not seeing anyone we went to the club check-in desk and had to interup the Club attendant from her computer solitare game to get our drinks.

No coffee equipment in the rooms. (I have experienced this at one other Hyatt.)

Last edited by 236Dakota; Jul 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA
I know there is a GP lane.

8 dollar charge was no good.

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Just returned from a 3 night stay.

Very long wait to check in, no Diamond lane.

I had a poster tube for a conference delivered UPS in advance. They charged me $8 for accepting it. At previous stays at Hyatts and a J.W. Marriott I have not been charged for this service.

We went to the Regency Club for a drink and after about 15 minutes of not seeing anyone we went to the check-in desk and had to interup the Club attendant from her computer solitare game to get our drinks.

No coffee equipment in the rooms. (I have experienced this at one other Hyatt.)
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:01 am

Hoping to stay here for a 2 night stay while checking out schools for son. How far is this hotel from airport. Should we rent a car or cab it?
Is there in/out privileges with parking?
Wonder if we'll be able to use Costco certs here if we have a corp. rate?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Hoping to stay here for a 2 night stay while checking out schools for son. How far is this hotel from airport. Should we rent a car or cab it?
Is there in/out privileges with parking?
Wonder if we'll be able to use Costco certs here if we have a corp. rate?
I would take MetroLink if it's during the day. Make sure you sit in the car closest to the driver of the train, just as a precautionary measure. You can either get off at 8th/Pine or Laclede's Landing. Both stations are about 10-minute (or less) walk from the hotel. If you have luggage, I'd get off at 8th/Pine- not as "hilly" as if you got off at Laclede's Landing. If you arrive at night, I'd cab it.

There is in and out parking privileges, but the garage is often full on weekends.

I was able to use costco certs with corporate rate.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by futureacnp
I would take MetroLink if it's during the day. Make sure you sit in the car closest to the driver of the train, just as a precautionary measure. You can either get off at 8th/Pine or Laclede's Landing. Both stations are about 10-minute (or less) walk from the hotel. If you have luggage, I'd get off at 8th/Pine- not as "hilly" as if you got off at Laclede's Landing. If you arrive at night, I'd cab it.

There is in and out parking privileges, but the garage is often full on weekends.

I was able to use costco certs with corporate rate.
I'm landing at 835pm for an overnight before my 915am flight the next morning. Is the Metrolink not safe at night? I was planning on taking it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.