Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 2:19 pm

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a very enjoyable stay. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to Club Room. Very clean and comfortable furnishing. The lounge spread was enjoyable and was certainly enough for breakfast and as appetizer before dinner. All the staff I interacted with were very friendly. I will definitely be back at this hotel and would recommend it to others.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by theonehe
Avoid the property at all cost.

I was just at the club. They have a few bagels and essentially nothing else. The property manager Chris is the most unhelpful management I have ever talked with. They will stick to the bare minimum of the diamond benefit. The junior suite I am staying at faces Crown Plaza where naked people are "enjoying" the near freezing weather in the balcony. You are better off staying at a Hyatt Place where you can at least get some hot items.
I just ate breakfast in the Club this week. Food was very good. 3 hot items, nice selection of pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, juices, and 2 cheeses. They had nice snacks all day, and a decent evening spread. The coffee was too strong for me, but that is a matter of personal taste.

The Diamond amenity (10+ choices) was great.

Service in the lounge was great - I am going to send e-mail compliment for one staff member in particular.

I am a long time Marriott Plat, and would rate this breakfast a bit better than the average domestic Marriott lounge breakfast. Also the alcohol for sale in the lounge is priced a few $ less than at Marriott (maybe 30-40% less per drink)

Not sure why you are blaming the Hyatt for the conduct of customers at the Crown Plaza.

My first stay in a Hyatt in 4 years and I am looking forward to more. I am doing a Diamond challenge, since I will have enough travel to maintain status at 2 hotels for the next couple years.

EDIT: can anyone tell me the location/address of the $3 weekend parking

Last edited by nachosdelux; Jun 1, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Nice to hear about the food offerings. The lounge staff is fantastic, but the food was really lacking.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The $3 weekend parking is at the Crowne Plaza (just across the street to the north). HUGE CAVEAT, however: IF you enter on Sunday, it will say that they charge $3 for 24 hours, BUT if you exit on Monday (even if it's <=24 hours later), they will charge you $8 and they won't let you out of the parking lot unless you pay the $8.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by kdoggold
The $3 weekend parking is at the Crowne Plaza (just across the street to the north). .
thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Nice to hear about the food offerings. The lounge staff is fantastic, but the food was really lacking.
The offerings in the evening were not as good (variety) as in the morning. Decent but not great. Did have some nice looking cheese, as well at the hot item.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:12 am

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Agreed, three night stay in October and I thought the breakfast was quite good for a domestic club lounge. A rotating hot egg main, plus hot oatmeal, cereals, nicely presented fresh cut fruit, cereals, pastries, a couple of cheeses and salmon. As others have noted the salmon isn't refrigerated, but needn't be, it is permitted four hours at room temperature. Appreciated that the hot main rotated, and it was quite good.

Daytime snacks were nuts, trail mix, snack mix, cookies and a nice selection of whole fruit!

I was only there for one evening service, which was a couple of types of pizza, cheese and bread.

Beverages were always available and I found the service staff was very friendly and accommodating. The lounge is quite a decent size and directly faces the arch.

Room was perfectly fine, front desk and housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient.

Overall, IMHO, a fine city center/business district domestic property.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Stayed here in August on points for a Cardinals game. A pretty good value for a Category 2 IMO. I was only a Platinum at the time, but we were upgraded to the club level and granted RC access. We stopped in briefly before the game, and it was a fairly nice RC. I would definitely recommend this property - much better than the Renaissance Grand down the street and a good value for a Cat 2.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Stayed here over the past weekend.
Last minute stay needed as we were just passing through.
Arrived around 11:30pm
Upgraded to a deluxe room from the lowest category booked.
No lounge access granted (only a platinum, not expected)
The facility did seem busy as the self park was filled.
FD directed me to the the mansion house parking lot (Connected to the Crowne Plaza mentioned above). They are now charging $5 on weekends.
The room was very spacious but seemed to have a lot of unused space. Both in the bedroom and the bathroom. Just odd design choice
Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:53 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Wow, this hotel knows how to treat Diamonds!

Booked the cheapest possible room. Upgraded (comp) to a spacious Executive Suite on the top floor with a great view of the famous Arch.

It's nice to be back at a property which appreciates their top tier. It's been tooooo long ...
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
visited the property last saturday night on a quick trip to STL. the hotel was a little dated in decor but a great location in front of the arch. currently the park is under a ton of construction so there's not much green space but if you walk 2 blocks down, you can access the arch.

the regency club double that we were upgraded to as Diamonds was supposedly "50% larger than standard" but it wasn't anything to write home about. an interior roof view, two beds, and a desk next to the tv + dresser.

the regency club was stocked with sodas + waters + pellegrinos and had hot food that they rotated on a saturday night (salmon cakes, hummus + chips.) sunday breakfast was 2 types of scrambled eggs and some smoked salmon + fixings. first time trying a regency club so didn't have any expectations going in but it was quiet and had a nice view of the river + arch.

overall a satisfactory stay and close to a lot of attractions in downtown STL but the rooms could use a refresh.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
What's "Guar"?

Looking at rooms in January, almost every date gives me a normal list of hotel rooms, with tabs for "Hyatt Daily Rate" (~$140), "Double Your Points", etc. with 15+ different room types for each.

For some reason, though, if the stay includes January 23rd, the only tab is titled "Guar Available", and it only lists 3 rooms, and for a regular King Guestroom it's more than double the price ($345). Anybody know what this means?

This might be a general Hyatt question, but checking here first in case it's specific to St. Louis.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
That means the hotel is sold out, and one of your Diamond benefits is "Guaranteed Availability" which is what you're seeing here. You have the ability to pay (usually an exorbitant amount) for a room regardless of whether the property is sold out or not.

At this property, I see the "Guar. Availability" a lot on Cardinal game weekends, especially if the Cubs, Royals, etc. are in town.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:43 pm

Any recent experiences here. Trading a stay here as Diamond vs. the Marriott at the airport which I have stayed as Gold and liked. May just do both.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Any recent experiences here. Trading a stay here as Diamond vs. the Marriott at the airport which I have stayed as Gold and liked. May just do both.
Pretty generic Hyatt. As a Diamond you'll get a Regency Club room. Club has typical fare, some vegetables, dips, one hot dish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.