Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Even some of those historic refurbs in other brands suffer from terrible soft product with bad training and a lack of care that overpowers any improvement in hard product - I visited STL once and likely won’t return.
Mind sharing where you stayed? There's been a few really nice hotels that have opened in just the past few years.

STL can be tricky for visitors because a lot of the action/things to see is outside of downtown area. Sorry to hear you had a bad time, but I'd say it's definitely worth another shot if you mostly stayed DT your last visit.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by dcflyer1982
Agreed. Last Hotel I don’t think even made it a full year with Hyatt. STL is one of the few cities out there where the quality of other properties outweighs the globalist benefits. Marriott, Hilton, and even IHG and Accor have taken advantage of the many historic refurbs going around and capitalized on that. Hyatt meanwhile seems content with a crumbling convention hotel with paper thin walls, no housekeeping to speak of, pests in the buffet, and a shuttered but very visible lounge.

There’s so much lost potential here.
Yeah I got to stay there once while it was a Hyatt and it was very impressive. Great rooftop pool and food was great! Not sure why it was so short lived as a Hyatt property. That area is going through a bit of a transition.

And you're right, really odd that Hyatt is content with a subpar portfolio, especially given STL's proximity to Chicago, where Hyatt dominates. You'd think they'd at least want a "crown jewel" in STL and with some of the recent hotel's that have opened recently, strange that Hyatt hasn't been a part of the action. You'd think we'd have more than 1 dated HR and 1 Hyatt Place way out in Chesterfield.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by sabester24
Mind sharing where you stayed? There's been a few really nice hotels that have opened in just the past few years.

STL can be tricky for visitors because a lot of the action/things to see is outside of downtown area. Sorry to hear you had a bad time, but I'd say it's definitely worth another shot if you mostly stayed DT your last visit.
Hotel Saint Louis, Autograph Collection - where Housekeeping came into my room and threw away my belongings because they thought I should have checked out

Westin St Louis was better because they didn't throw away my belongings.

I was also accosted by a homeless man because he thought I was homosexual.

Regardless, I didn't feel safe and based on the reviews in this thread, am not too sad that this is a HR that I will end up missing.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:49 am

Hotel Saint Louis, Autograph Collection - where Housekeeping came into my room and threw away my belongings because they thought I should have checked out

Regardless, I didn't feel safe and based on the reviews in this thread, am not too sad that this is a HR that I will end up missing.
Yeah DT can be a bit sketchy somethings. If you ever come back, try staying in the Central West End, The Grove, Clayton, The Loop, etc. DT is not the place to be in STL unless there's an event going on. Then again sounds like what happened to you with a homeless man could've happened in any major city...
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:23 pm

I’ve stayed at Hotel Saint Louis multiple times and generally enjoyed it, though the last few times, service has been decidedly mixed. The restaurant especially has gone downhill, though the rooms and especially the bathrooms are quite nice.

That said, Downtown is dead for me these days and I’ll typically stay at the Ritz or Le Méridien in Clayton. The new Residence Inn there also looks quite nice, but I hate the notion of paying the same price and getting only half points for the stay.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by dcflyer1982
I’ve stayed at Hotel Saint Louis multiple times and generally enjoyed it, though the last few times, service has been decidedly mixed. The restaurant especially has gone downhill, though the rooms and especially the bathrooms are quite nice.

That said, Downtown is dead for me these days and I’ll typically stay at the Ritz or Le Méridien in Clayton. The new Residence Inn there also looks quite nice, but I hate the notion of paying the same price and getting only half points for the stay.
I'd definitely add the new 21c hotel to the mix. I haven't stayed in any of the rooms, but the renovation to what was formally a YMCA is remarkable. The restaurant is great and a lot to see in do at the hotel. Gym area give off serious Wes Anderson vibes, if you're into that.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by sabester24
I'd definitely add the new 21c hotel to the mix. I haven't stayed in any of the rooms, but the renovation to what was formally a YMCA is remarkable. The restaurant is great and a lot to see in do at the hotel. Gym area give off serious Wes Anderson vibes, if you're into that.
It’s very much on my radar. Problem is they never have rates within my per diem.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:31 pm

Staying here for the next few days as my daughters are going to a concert...am a bit concerned...but it's really the most convenient hotel. Will report back.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:16 pm

Wow...what a first night . First off the positive, the location can't be beat in terms of the arch and proximity to the baseball stadium entertainment complex.

Here's where things start to fall apart. We get back from taking a walk around the arch and my son slips in the lobby in full view of the fda and multiple staff. There's what smells like vodka all over the marble floor and shards of glass. The glass cuts my son and is embedded in his leg. I complain to the FDA,.she calls the security team and they review the video tape and they tell me it was just an unlucky accident. That another guest.had dropped a glass.of alcohol literally 30 seconds before my son slipped on the vodka and glass. They offered to comp me a night but I was already paying with points and I was just livid that my 12 year old has to get cut up like that.

Then I pick up my girls from their concert and I pull up to the hotel and there.is.no.valet at the entrance. Typically if this happens I just leave my keys with the FDA so they can give them to the valet when they get back. Not this time. The FDA said I had to bring my keys downstairs to the valet office, mind you this is AFTER I had already had a valet ticket, I was just trying to re-park it.

I don't know what to do but grin and bear the horrible service....

Last edited by ZBigFam; Mar 13, 2024 at 5:32 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:24 pm

Is there still a Regency Club in this location?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by ABEPITPHLDCA
Is there still a Regency Club in this location?
yes and no. Yes in the sense that the club is still there, and, if you get a room with a higher floor view of the inner courtyard, you can see inside the windows of the former club. All the furniture is still there and it’s quite a large space. That said…it’s been shuttered for years now and I doubt it’ll ever reopen. Wasted space, really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.