Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:30 pm

i presume one can walk to the ballpark from the hotel?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:08 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by MonicaL
i presume one can walk to the ballpark from the hotel?
Hi MonicaL,

You can walk from the hotel to the ballpark. I've done this a few times on personal trips when I go to see the Cardinals play.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:44 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Just finished a one-night stay. I am very impressed with this property. This hotel's greatest asset is probably their staff. Everyone is so incredibly friendly and helpful.

As a Diamond, I was upgraded to a large room on the club floor with a good view of the arch. The Regency club was amazingly great. The hotel's location can't be beat and $3 parking is available within easy walking distance.

I could go on and on but let's just say that this hotel is very solidly within my top 3 Hyatt experiences ever. Perhaps it's because I wasn't expecting much, I was very pleasantly overwhelmed by how nice, friendly, comfortable and elegant this hotel actually is.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:20 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I was very pleasantly overwhelmed by how nice, friendly, comfortable and elegant this hotel actually is.
I'm pretty happy to stay at this hotel for $41 through Priceline, but I'd hardly consider it to be 'elegant', the rooms I've been in are sorely in need of maintenance usually and are quite small, even if they do have a nice view of the arch and Mississippi River. My last stay they billed me for internet and a phantom gift shop purchase, had to call to get that fixed. The stay before they did not have towels in my bathroom, which I did not realize until I was finished my shower, they promised to credit me a night's worth of GP points when I asked to speak with the manager, had to follow up to get them to deliver on that promise.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:28 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I had a newly renovated club room which was huge. I've stayed in suites (at other properties) which are quite a bit smaller (than the room I stayed in at this hotel). Billing, towels, room condition were all great.
Originally Posted by Beckles
I'm pretty happy to stay at this hotel for $41 through Priceline, but I'd hardly consider it to be 'elegant', the rooms I've been in are sorely in need of maintenance usually and are quite small, even if they do have a nice view of the arch and Mississippi River. My last stay they billed me for internet and a phantom gift shop purchase, had to call to get that fixed. The stay before they did not have towels in my bathroom, which I did not realize until I was finished my shower, they promised to credit me a night's worth of GP points when I asked to speak with the manager, had to follow up to get them to deliver on that promise.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Beckles
There are a few basic things that one should always do..... check for TP before using the toilet, grab keys before leaving, and checking for towels before showering.... The first is primary, but I could not imagine being in such a hurry to shower that I did not set out my towel.....

This does not let the hotel off the hook, but just say'n....
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
regency club

CLub lounge opens in the weekend? I cannot find any information..
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:56 am

lounge open on weekends

yes, the lounge is open on the weekends...

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
CLub lounge opens in the weekend? I cannot find any information..
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:34 am

Avoid the property at all cost.

I was just at the club. They have a few bagels and essentially nothing else. The property manager Chris is the most unhelpful management I have ever talked with. They will stick to the bare minimum of the diamond benefit. The junior suite I am staying at faces Crown Plaza where naked people are "enjoying" the near freezing weather in the balcony. You are better off staying at a Hyatt Place where you can at least get some hot items.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have stayed 3 times and each stay was good. The only problem was the lounge is pretty bad. It's spacious, but this is a property that probably doesn't need a lounge. The guy in the lounge is friendly but the lounge is always empty as they really don't have any offerings but some bad bagels. They did have salmon for breakfast, but it looked like it was sitting out for a long time with no ice under.

The rooms have always been spacious and I've always faced the arch.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:21 am

My experienced at this property (as recently as October 2013) have all been overwhelmingly positive. I found the breakfast in the lounge to be more than adequate. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding about the opening hours for breakfast? If you visit the lounge outside of breakfast hours, it can be mighty slim pickin's. The staff at this hotel really shines. I'll be back at the property in a few weeks and I do hope to find it as wonderful as on previous visits.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I was just checking out this hotel and noticed that it is only 8k points for a standard room! If you check the award chart, you will see that for a category 4 hotel it takes 15k points! Also, Points + Cash is 7,500 + $100, so this current 8K deal lets you come out ahead.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:14 am

FYI this is a cat 2 hotel not cat 4.
Old May 7, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by doss1
I was just checking out this hotel and noticed that it is only 8k points for a standard room! If you check the award chart, you will see that for a category 4 hotel it takes 15k points! Also, Points + Cash is 7,500 + $100, so this current 8K deal lets you come out ahead.
It's a category 2 hotel. Hence the 8k/night. Points and cash would be 4k plus $55.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
OH, is it a cat 2? Wow! I swear I could not tell the difference when staying at other Cat4s!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.