Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:08 am

Anyone have experience with the MCO Hyatt checking ID? The hyatt.com rate is $279 while 13717 gets a set $100 for the same room. That is a hell of a savings. We are flying in after 8pm and will be checking out early, traveling with family including kids. I have been watching hotwire and priceline, but can't find a decent rate. I am a web designer... could I pass it off as I am meeting with IBM in Orlando concerning web design and just present my card there? :-)

Also, what is the check in kiosk I read about earlier in the thread?

Thanks.

Duds

Last edited by dudspizza; Jan 8, 2009 at 8:30 am
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by npei
ibm
do they have another one?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
another what?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by JAKMICH
another what?
i think its been listed here that IBM has another/different code as well
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by dudspizza
Anyone have experience with the MCO Hyatt checking ID? The hyatt.com rate is $279 while 13717 gets a set $100 for the same room. That is a hell of a savings. We are flying in after 8pm and will be checking out early, traveling with family including kids. I have been watching hotwire and priceline, but can't find a decent rate. I am a web designer... could I pass it off as I am meeting with IBM in Orlando concerning web design and just present my card there? :-)

Also, what is the check in kiosk I read about earlier in the thread?

Thanks.

Duds

Since these are for corporate business travel and not personal employee travel, would you not think it rather curious to be showing up with the wife and kids?! But it's your ethics...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Since these are for corporate business travel and not personal employee travel, would you not think it rather curious to be showing up with the wife and kids?! But it's your ethics...
Not in the least bit
I often bring the family on business travel as they play while I work
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
Not in the least bit
I often bring the family on business travel as they play while I work
And you will be showing your IBM work ID?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

OK - people - please do not debate the ethics of using corporate ID codes if (possibly) you're not entitled to use it - we all know both sides of the argument on the issue.

Thanks.

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:58 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Pretty much every int'l property I've been to has always asked for ID when I booked a room under a corp. rate, including Istanbul, Sydney, Mainz, Hamburg, Madrid, Zurich, Milan and even Toronto.

But I've never been asked at any US property.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
So I take it that those whom have done this, use the online check in & the self check in at the Property. I asked an agent about the self check in and as I understand it, this would work for you all without ever needing to go to a desk agent? Being new to Hyatt, I like this self check in process, what a great idea!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:47 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Once in a blue moon, the self-checkin machine hasn't worked because of some machine malfunction. I don't really know about frequency, since I rarely use the self-checkin kiosks, but it's happened enough for me to remember it.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:47 pm

I was told that none of the Travelzoo codes earn Hyatt stay credit, nor points.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
13147 is the Travelzoo code.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:56 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by best
I was told that none of the Travelzoo codes earn Hyatt stay credit, nor points.
Untrue. Book them on the Hyatt website and they earn both.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by thc
Pretty much every int'l property I've been to has always asked for ID when I booked a room under a corp. rate, including Istanbul, Sydney, Mainz, Hamburg, Madrid, Zurich, Milan and even Toronto.

But I've never been asked at any US property.
International locations will require a passport as identification when you check-in to confirm idenity and for other govt and immigration reasons. It is not b/c you used a corporate id code. Also, every international hotel I have stayed in at Hyatt has asked for a business card. This is so they can update there records for futrue stays and it is easier for them to read the business card. They are not looking for you to show them an employee id badge. I have used and continue to use various corporate codes to get the best discount, I generally give them my business card so their records are clear, but have never had an issue.

You do know that corp rates are not limited to employees, vendors, consultants, lawyers, clients etc. use those rates in connection with their relationship to a company. Moreover, many companies engaged in M&A transactions use the code of the target company.

I think people need not worry about being asked for an ID.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:59 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SethLevy
You do know that corp rates are not limited to employees, vendors, consultants, lawyers, clients etc. use those rates in connection with their relationship to a company. Moreover, many companies engaged in M&A transactions use the code of the target company.

I think people need not worry about being asked for an ID.

I think that people need to be careful. I have ended up paying rack rate when using a partner's code as the code was only for employees. I have also had cases where I had to have someone from the partner come and show their company ID and insist that I be provided with the corporate rate. First experience was in China while the second was in Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.