Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
As of February 2024:

Closest open entrance from the hotel to the Metro Center Station is 11th & G Streets.

Active construction (jackhammers and loud banging) on the 12th and 11th floors. Hotel Is booking rooms directly under the construction zone!

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 12:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Questions for Grand Hyatt Washington

I booked a business plan room for two nights in the near future at the Grand Hyatt Washington for $142/night which seemed like a pretty good price to me. I don't stay at Hyatt properties too often so I have a couple of questions.

The room rate includes a "full breakfast". I looked through the details but I couldn't find out exactly what this means. Is this a complimentary room service or does the hotel have a restaurant where breakfast is included?

And if you have any input on my second question please respond in this OMNI thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...l#post20846082
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

These breakfast included rates are for the restaurant breakfast (usually either the buffet or order off the menu up to some $ limit). Room service is usually excluded.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
They have a very nice buffet which is included in this rate. Room service is not, but the setting of the restaurant is a fun place to eat in the huge atrium with aqua blue pools of water around the side. My grand children love it.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Simba
They have a very nice buffet which is included in this rate. Room service is not, but the setting of the restaurant is a fun place to eat in the huge atrium with aqua blue pools of water around the side. My grand children love it.
I will second this. I had my comp GC bteakfast converted to breakfast vouchers in the restsurant when I was there. Nice selection and friendly staff.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

My first and only stay at this hotel (documented earlier in this thread) was a catastrophe so it was with significant trepidation that I booked a one night stay for tonight because the Park Hyatt was full.

I mentioned the previous situation in my booking and expressed hope that they would ensure that something similar wouldn't happen again.

Fat chance! When I showed up at around 1pm they had not previously checked my booking and had already given all the decent rooms away to folks attending a large meeting.

This time the director of rooms apologized profusely over the phone, which is meaningless. The best they could do was give me two interior-facing (less desirable IMO) connecting rooms. So tonight I have a plethora of beds, which is not exactly what I had in mind.

Other folks can keep on loving this hotel but as for me, when the PH DC is full, I'm bailing out on Hyatt.

P.S. The VIP setting hack doesn't work on their Inncom thermostats. Engingeering had to disassemble the thermostats and munge around inside to turn off the motion sensors.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I booked a last minute 1-night stay due to a flight delay yesterday and was upgraded to a conference suite (x41). This was my first stay since the refurb. Overall, service didn't seem much improved from when I had stayed here last a couple years ago. This clearly is a hotel catering to the conference/convention crowd.

Glad to be back at the Park Hyatt next week. If the location works, the Regency is a better Hyatt choice in DC.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
My first and only stay at this hotel (documented earlier in this thread) was a catastrophe so it was with significant trepidation that I booked a one night stay for tonight because the Park Hyatt was full.

I mentioned the previous situation in my booking and expressed hope that they would ensure that something similar wouldn't happen again.

Fat chance! When I showed up at around 1pm they had not previously checked my booking and had already given all the decent rooms away to folks attending a large meeting.

This time the director of rooms apologized profusely over the phone, which is meaningless. The best they could do was give me two interior-facing (less desirable IMO) connecting rooms. So tonight I have a plethora of beds, which is not exactly what I had in mind.

Other folks can keep on loving this hotel but as for me, when the PH DC is full, I'm bailing out on Hyatt.

P.S. The VIP setting hack doesn't work on their Inncom thermostats. Engingeering had to disassemble the thermostats and munge around inside to turn off the motion sensors.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed there last week in a club room on 12 floor. Nothing exeptional but nothing bad - a generic city property.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat
quick question. Do any of the rooms at the Grand have a fridge in the room?
I cannot find any mention of it on Hyatt's web site, so I assume no ? What about the Regency ?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had a good two night stay here over the weekend. Unfortunately no suite upgrade.

I think the best part has to be the buffet. They have some sort of promotion going on right now, $5 to upgrade the buffet to bottomless mimosas/champagne on the weekend. When we got the bill, the waitress explained that we were only charged the $5 once, not per person. I kept the receipts and took them to the front desk when checking out, and all the charges were taken off the bill as I am diamond.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
I have a week booked here later this year (Christmas/New Year period) at a really good My Elite rate ($103pn).

Based on my forward plans over the next 18-24 months, I will have a spare DSU to burn.

Is this property worth using a DSU on, or do they normally take care of Diamond members?

I was considering the PH, however as it is meant to be a "cheap" couple of weeks away, rate needs to be a major factor.

HR Capitol Hill was also an option (even cheaper rate) but given the GH has the Metro right there, and is so close to the main 'touristy' places, the location seems favourable (please correct me if I am wrong).

I will be having a friend stay 3-4 nights, the rest of the time just me (booked as 2 Adults however)

Thx in advance
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
They should really take care of vending machine
Stayed there in early December
After drinking, I realized that I drank expired Schweppes.
mentioned it in survey though
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:56 pm

So I was reading TA reviews of this property and got a kick out of this. Someone needs to remind Steven where he works.

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Funny! Maybe the GM didn't write this himself.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:54 am

For those of you staying here through April, you have the option of the following due to the construction:

Last edited by Gunner14; Apr 4, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Gunner,

option of what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.