Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:50 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I just booked a suite here in December for 2 nights. Any recent experiences? I was surprised it was available for booking as I thought it was closing.
The hotel has been closed since April 2020.. It usually updates it’s reopening every couple of months. There’s no way of knowing if it will be open in December but I urge you to book elsewhere as well in case it doesn’t open. They no longer honor the rate or book you elsewhere if the hotel isn’t open.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
It’s open for a specific reason

https://viewfromthewing.com/grand-hy...you-guess-why/

IMJ it will be a skeleton staff and minimal service
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Ugh. Looks like I better book a backup Hyatt as mmgm suggests. I need these last 2 nights in Dec to qualify for Glob.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Re-branding as Hyatt Grand Central New York

Hyatt Announces Plans to Rebrand Grand Hyatt New York Under the Hyatt Brand and Resume Operations in November
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:23 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This should help those who need the "Hyatt" brand for their Brand Explorer nights ...
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Interesting - I wonder if they'll update signage, etc., especially as the property is slated to be demolished.
dw and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Interesting - I wonder if they'll update signage, etc., especially as the property is slated to be demolished.
I'm curious as well.

Though I guess they could just move the word "Grand" from before "Hyatt," to after, or draw one of those swap-arrows.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Probably no Club or restaurant

Looking at the hotel website I don’t see any mention of a Club or Club rooms for sale. The only food mention is the Market for takeout.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by mmgm
Looking at the hotel website I don’t see any mention of a Club or Club rooms for sale. The only food mention is the Market for takeout.
Last week I booked a King Suite City View for cash with a points upgrade. The room description on the website mentioned club access. Now the room description does not say that anymore. So yeah, I suspect club and most dining options are nixed.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
It will be interesting, then, what the "world-class dining options" are.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:16 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by danger
It will be interesting, then, what the "world-class dining options" are.
I think the world class dining options they refer tare in the restaurants in the neighborhood.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I think the world class dining options they refer tare in the restaurants in the neighborhood.
Ah, yes. I misread.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I saw the post about the rebranding from GH to Hyatt, my first thought was that this means that the lounge is now permanently closed. Otherwise I don't think there's any implication for Glob benefits, etc. However, I would normally expect a Hyatt in a city to have some sort of restaurant (even if it's just a sports bar with food) beyond The Market. OTOH if NYC is still discouraging indoor dining, this would be understandable.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Now that it's a regular old Hyatt... for anyone looking for a stay in January, and to tick off a brand from brand explorer, rates are very reasonable. < $100 on many nights.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Clever: Grand Hyatt NY to Hyatt Grand Central NY, maybe no one will notice the downgrade?

Still smarting that I was involuntarily moved here from Andaz Wall St since they will not be re-opening. Very reluctant to stay here, but they've upgraded me to a Pres Suite and it will tick off a brand explorer, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. My stay is days after the scheduled open and they've assured me they will be open and "ready to offer a premium experience". No restaurant and no lounge doesn't sound very "premium" to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.