Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
WaiWai, Based on your review and preference, I would stay away from this property. But for some of us, this property does its job - a decent lounge and a place to sleep. No other bells or whistles necessary. And sometimes is the cheapest Hyatt in the area. .

If is any help to other Globs, ask for a double bed room behind the elevators. Those are larger rooms and full size bath rooms. And is very quiet. They consider this an "upgrade" for Globs.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Calling the club lounge decent is generous.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

More like a lounge and a place to sleep.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by helvetic
Calling the club lounge decent is generous.
There you go again with your highly personal feelings about the lounge. Your lounge observations just don't mesh with reality … as pictures posted by LIH Prem
Even Wai Wai had a positive comment about the lounge in his "never again going back" review...
"we found the club to be well stocked, and although exceedingly crowded, the wait for things like the coffee machine were never long. The food was excellent and abundant."

I know I know, for you is all about "free BOOZE" Good luck with that in 99% of US lounges...
LIH Prem and 59Impala like this.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Dec 9, 2019 at 8:01 am
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold
For reward stays is the $15 market credit included? Just finished a stay, and they said since they don’t charge the resort fee it is not included. We are Explorist so no globalist exception.

Makes sense since that saved us $80 over two nights, but not clear at all in the booking process where it warns about the fee and credits available multiple times including the confirmation emails.

TIA
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:57 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

deleted. ignore.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This property should be immediately deflagged by Hyatt.
ZBigFam and hp12c like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:26 pm

They should make it a Hyatt place. Then people wouldn't be so disappointed.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
l had a similar thought. But am not sure the present room conditon qualifies for Hyatt Place branding. Torn furniture and I don't even know how to describe the shower condition.

And since when does a slightly larger room qualify as a "corner suite"?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I think the place should just go up for demolition a few years early.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I haven't stayed here in a couple years, but I didn't find it so bad. The lounge is fine (for a USA lounge), especially if the weather is nice enough to enjoy the outdoor deck (which also helps with possible crowding). I've never had a suite upgrade, but I didn't expect it. Rooms are small but this is NYC. I picked the property for the location (and a few more Hyatt nights) and my biggest disappointment is that whenever I've been invited to the elite top roof deck viewing/tour with the concierge, the weather has forced cancellation of the event.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I haven't stayed here in a couple years, but I didn't find it so bad. The lounge is fine (for a USA lounge), especially if the weather is nice enough to enjoy the outdoor deck (which also helps with possible crowding). I've never had a suite upgrade, but I didn't expect it. Rooms are small but this is NYC. I picked the property for the location (and a few more Hyatt nights) and my biggest disappointment is that whenever I've been invited to the elite top roof deck viewing/tour with the concierge, the weather has forced cancellation of the event.
You are not missing much with the roof tour. We went a couple years back and not much to see other than the Chrysler building. Yeah the hotel is not as bad as some of the posters said it is. And the rates are decent during the cold months.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
the rates are decent during the cold months.
The rates are dirt cheap, and for very good reason. But don't forget the $40 "destination fee" when comparing to other properties.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Globs don't pay resort/destination fees.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:30 pm

never mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.