Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Vancouver Hyatt Regency - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 11, 14, 2:49 pm
Used to be hamajicky

What are the hours of the RC here? I've got a stay in August and wondering if I'll get RC closure points.
Old Jun 11, 14, 4:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I wouldn't count on it.... They only seem to close the club in the off-season, August isn't exactly that.
Old Jun 11, 14, 4:44 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 14, 3:51 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Iirc in the past weekend parking at Hyatt garage was much cheaper ($12?). You may want to call them and check if this is still tje case. I don't remember though if the discounted rate was via Hyatt or directly at that parking garage.
Is this still the case for Sunday nights?
Old Sep 2, 14, 4:38 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Stayed at this hotel after spending a night at Fairmont pacific rim. I knew I was going to be disappointed but for 12k/night, I am satisfied. This is a standard business hotel like courtyard and it is in very good condition. It was built or renovated in 2005 and everything works and you won't feel like staying in a worn out tired hotel (unlike many radissons or marriotts). The location is pretty decent too. 5 min walk to canada place, shopping on Robson St, restaurants on Granville St and public transit.

We parked at 509 Hornby. The overnight charge was $5.5 and when we checked out at 11am, we were charged another 5.5 for a total of $11. This was much more affordable than the hotel parking.
Old Sep 2, 14, 9:37 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
First time at this Hyatt for me and no complaints. Clean, well maintained room on 29th floor. Breakfast in Club Lounge and hors d'oeuvres in the evening offered a nice selection of dishes. Small charge for alcoholic drinks. Staff in Lounge always helpful. Great location in Vancouver and only two blocks from the Sky Train station
Old Jan 26, 15, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baliktad View Post
I agree the suites are disappointing at this property, just connecting rooms with a long awkward hallway in between. No upgraded bathroom, still just tub showers with the same anemic 'water-saving' low-flow sprinkler shower head and a single sink.
@baliktad do you recall if your room was confirmed as a "Junior Suite"? Mixed reviews at the property over the last year and am wondering how they could be so divergent?
Old Jan 27, 15, 1:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know that when I used a DSU that I could see that two reservations were made.... was suspicious at that time, and that was confirmed when I got the standard entry level suite. Basically two rooms with a connecting door and a very bad layout, the most useless suite I ever did get.
For the rest the hotel is just a very basic HR, the lounge is very small and unattractive. But the location is good.
Old Jan 27, 15, 8:50 am

I think the following statement may sum up all of Hyatt's Canadian properties:

"Well located, but disappointing hard product."

How can every Hyatt in Canada need renovation? (Disclaimer, I have never been to Calgary)

Last edited by BobR; Jan 27, 15 at 1:19 pm
Old Jan 27, 15, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I've stayed a handful of times this past year. Yet to get a suite upgrade. I quite enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant when the club was closed.

Had a couple one night stays in December before/after going to Whistler. The Whistler shuttle picks up and drops off right at the hotel, which was nice.
Old Jan 27, 15, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Suite is indeed useless. I wasted an expiring DSU on a 1-night stay and spent no more than 15 minutes in the connector room.

Given the set-up, I can't imagine anybody is upgraded to a suite. They are simply sold to people who might want a second room due to family size, etc.

As mentioned, this property is nothing special, but stay for 1 night pre Whistler and 1 night post, with the lounge closed, and that's 3500+ points per night for Diamonds plus a decent restaurant breakfast.
Old Jan 28, 15, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Suite is indeed useless. I wasted an expiring DSU on a 1-night stay and spent no more than 15 minutes in the connector room.
The DSU standard suite is that.... but there are a few decent suites to be had. You just don't get them because you are Diamond and that's rather sad.
Old Feb 2, 15, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post

Given the set-up, I can't imagine anybody is upgraded to a suite. They are simply sold to people who might want a second room due to family size, etc.

As mentioned, this property is nothing special, but stay for 1 night pre Whistler and 1 night post, with the lounge closed, and that's 3500+ points per night for Diamonds plus a decent restaurant breakfast.
I used a DSU at the Vancouver property in November 2014 and it was a completely a wasted use of an upgrade. The Junior Suite is completely useless. A couple of years ago I received a two-story suite that was AMAZING on New Years Eve as a complementary upgrade. No such luck as a Diamond member booking standard nights and or DSU's.
Old Feb 22, 15, 4:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
Regency Club will be reopening full time earlier than previously announced. Full opening as of March 2 now. So, one weekend left to squeeze in a stay or two to get the 2500 Lounge closure points for Diamonds!
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:19 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Stayed here about a week ago - drug (not drugged) a couple of friends up to the PNW who aren't used to staying in nicer hotels.

To me, this was an above average central city hyatt. The rooms were nice... the club was small but good enough. Food was good. Was a little weird one night when I was asked as we exited the door if we had filled out an honor card... which I promptly pointed at it laying on the table we just left. I thought this was pretty bush league and insulting but whatever. I've obviously stayed at a large number of hyatt properties, and Ive never had that happen prior. As for the rooms, they were good. Decent sized, standard hyatt property remodel/refresh. We got the club floor for both rooms I booked.

As for my friends: they viewed it as an amazing/stunning property. They're a little sheltered.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: