Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
re: parking options, I was able to Spothero a lot about ten minutes away with in/out privileges over a three-day stay for a total of $18 without any promo codes.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:21 pm

Looks like the only award rooms available for my dates in May are ADA bathrooms? If I book one, am I locked into one of those even as explorist?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10
Looks like the only award rooms available for my dates in May are ADA bathrooms? If I book one, am I locked into one of those even as explorist?
As a Glob, my concierge has gotten me out of all of those types of bookings. Heck, one time, the property itself even called me and asked if I really needed ADA. So both sides were made happy when I said no - just put me in a regular room. As an Expl, why not just book, then call the WOH line and ask them to change. See what happens...!

PS: As someone, who doesn’t need ADA, I prefer regular rooms as the ADA rooms sometimes have bathroom modifications that severely limit counter space and other features.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by dpb132

Just finished another enjoyable stay here. Globalist upgrade at check in to an Executive Suite with views of the Rockies. Room quality and amenities all fine. The lounge is quite good for a domestic GH (and never crowded), tons of restaurants are within easy access, and the lobby bar is fun and lively. Prices here can be dirt cheap when there isn’t an event.

Only issue this stay was when housekeeping dropped off clean glasses even though I had the DND sign on the door. I’ll mention that in the survey if I get one.
Th Grand Hyatt is my favorite place to stay in Denver. I like this hotel better than the Ritz-Carlton & Four Seasons in town mainly for its outstanding location but the executive suites are great accommodations too.
dpb132 and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Really nice stay here last month. Excellent Glob recognition. Room upgrade to corner room, free parking (with current promo), plus daily $30 F&B credit since the GC was closed. Still one of the best domestic GHs.
dpb132, AirbusFan2B and drewp123 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Had a fantastic stay here in August, which converted me to WOH. Great rooms (the --21 corner suites are fantastic) and attentive, caring service. Will likely move in-town weekend nights here and business meetings when things improve. I've only stayed at this and the Seattle Grand Hyatts but am impressed.
AirbusFan2B and 59Impala like this.

Last edited by NgatesSEA; Oct 5, 2020 at 7:05 am
Old Feb 16, 2021, 5:02 pm

Stayed for Valentine’s weekend on a Prive rate. Was 15/night higher than members rate but got a 100 resort credit and a welcome amenity (two snacks or two drinks or mix from the market). Was upgraded to two queens city view on the highest floor (25th for non suites).

I am a glob but didn’t bother pushing for a suite as I wanted the two queens. The hotel had excellent recognition and gave me 30/night credit in addition to the Prive credit since the club was closed. All together this could be used for the market or restaurant (Dining was open at 50% capacity walk in basis for hotel guests during this time) or could be used on room service. But room service had a 20% surcharge and $2 fee so passed on this. Could have did carry out too but the restaurant was clean and comfortable. Additionally the hotel is offering self parking in their covered garage beneath the hotel (not affiliate parking at S+P across the street like in the past). It is 25/night but they waived this on account of my status. Generous considering I was staying on a cash rate and not a free or award night.

Used credit for breakfast both days and a late night snack and some drinks. Overall feasible to get a breakfast for two sit down for 30/morning. It is served in carry out containers in bags rather than plates so you can eat in restaurant or walk away to your room.

I decided on this property over the regency due to its more central location and walkability to other attractions nearby. Even though regency seems to have nicer standard suites I would still choose GH due to its location and glob recognition and generosity of the staff. Hope this helps someone in deciding between the two.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Appreciate the report. This hotel has been good to me a number of times as a Globalist. Glad to see the restaurant is back in operation, sort of.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MechMachine

Used credit for breakfast both days and a late night snack and some drinks. Overall feasible to get a breakfast for two sit down for 30/morning. It is served in carry out containers in bags rather than plates so you can eat in restaurant or walk away to your room.
Why did you need to use the $30/credit for breakfast if you are GLOB? Shouldn't it have been included and you got the $30 to use on other incidentals?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by roder
Why did you need to use the $30/credit for breakfast if you are GLOB? Shouldn't it have been included and you got the $30 to use on other incidentals?
I was just stating the cash price roughly for breakfast for two people to be helpful to others; the credit they give nightly instead of club access would therefore cover breakfast for two if you didn’t have the globalist benefit.

I ended up using the daily credit and the prive benefit for late night snacks/drinks at the restaurant and some things from the market.

The front desk told me the credits could be used for food and beverage only. I charged a movie to the room thinking otherwise but just a heads up. They told me to charge everything to the room at checkin and they’d handle sorting out the credit usage from globalist to the F&B credit and that’s what I did. I tallied everything at the end and they didn’t charge the breakfast to the credit.

As I mentioned the difference from the prepaid rate to standard for the prive was so low it was a no brainer. May differ when you stay.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was just stating the cash price roughly for breakfast for two people to be helpful to others; the credit they give nightly instead of club access would therefore cover breakfast for two if you didn’t have the globalist benefit.
Since GC is closed, no one can book a room with GC privileges. So the $30/night credit for GC closure is only for Globalists that have GC access.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
Since GC is closed, no one can book a room with GC privileges. So the $30/night credit for GC closure is only for Globalists that have GC access.
Yeah that was true for my stay. Not sure if this would work during this time, but, although somewhat useless for globalists, could explorists/others use the club upgrade certificates over the phone on an existing reservation or any other member use points to upgrade into a club access room? Wonder if the call center can book into this category or if the property is blocking through all channels.

Colorado is starting to ease out of restrictions somewhat. Will be interesting to see when the club opens back up considering the restaurant was quite busy during my stay.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah that was true for my stay. Not sure if this would work during this time, but, although somewhat useless for globalists, could explorists/others use the club upgrade certificates over the phone on an existing reservation or any other member use points to upgrade into a club access room? Wonder if the call center can book into this category or if the property is blocking through all channels.

Colorado is starting to ease out of restrictions somewhat. Will be interesting to see when the club opens back up considering the restaurant was quite busy during my stay.
If the Club is closed, then no one can book a Club access room or use Club Access Award into a non-existent Club. This is why Club Access Awards are worthless when Clubs are closed. $30 credit for Club closure is a benefit only for Globalists, not all hotels are offering this either. Hotels will not reopen their Clubs until the economics are favorable.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:03 pm

Ahh yeah it’s $30 per room for the globalist benefit, I think the regency is $25/per person.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:14 am

Update on this property and other Denver Hyatts:

I was looking into booking a stay at GH for a night on July 12th before heading over to DIA the next morning. To my dismay; Hyatt has pulled all inventory for GH Denver and HR Denver Convention Center for the first half of this week.

Was going to book last weekend and forgot; then bam went to do it tonight and am sad at this development... really Hyatt. ALL (regular) inventory? Denver was awarded the moved MLB finals game for this date.

I was able to see rooms for guaranteed availability via globalist but rates start at $530 for the night at GH for those who can’t see. Yikes. Discount at a generous $399 for HR.

I cant imagine the hotel is already sold out? Unless MLB has a corporate contract with Hyatt. Either way unfortunate but I will be back soon. We’ve definitely been getting lucky with the ~$95 nightly prices for this property.

In fairness the hospitality sector has been bleeding cash with covid so I can’t blame them for trying to take advantage of this development.

In positive news; I hadn’t seen an announcement for this but saw a new hotel entry in Denver. Was thinking maybe this was a mistake as to why the inventory was pulled but probably just a coincidence, Denver is getting a Hyatt Centric opening fall 2021. Will be curious to see how it stacks up against the existing properties. Seems to have a nice raised outdoor terrace from the rendered picture available for the property; we will see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.