Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have a night booked here in May (yes, already booked). Interestingly the cheapest hotel in Denver for this night.
Great to hear your positive feedback. and I hope the lounge will be open by then
I also noticed the low rates. Given the new Hyatt openings (HC and Thompson) I wonder if this pushes down the GH rates. Probably one of the best Hyatt deals I’ve had yet.
59Impala and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Very solid - no complaints.

Upgraded to an Executive Suite in app, but the only room free at check-in at 8:30 AM was a Corner King. Took the Corner King - pretty spacious. Room is obviously a bit older, but there were no cleanliness issues. Bed was comfortable. Large desk. Automatic window coverings. Shower was large with amazing pressure (even on floor 21). Breakfast buffet at Courier was really good for a buffet (Grand Club still closed).

Looking forward to switching to the HR tonight to compare.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast

Upgraded to an Executive Suite in app, but the only room free at check-in at 8:30 AM was a Corner King. Took the Corner King - pretty spacious. Room is obviously a bit older, but there were no cleanliness issues. Bed was comfortable. Large desk. Automatic window coverings. Shower was large with amazing pressure (even on floor 21). Breakfast buffet at Courier was really good for a buffet (Grand Club still closed).

I also really enjoyed the rooftop track and tennis court - great for morning walks in this nice weather.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:16 am

I also really enjoyed the rooftop track and tennis court - great for morning walks in this nice weather.
The executive suites are nice. I've stayed in the Pinyon Suite at the HR and prefer the executive suite at the GH a little more. With that being said I stay at both hotels evenly and really like either property when we stay in Denver. I'll normally stay where the better rate is at.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I keep hearing about the low cash rates but it was over $200 when I needed it in early Oct, so I redeemed points. Overall, I am very impressed. This is one place where staff really cares across the board.

Before the stay, the concierge manager reached out and asked if I needed anything. No sales pitch like do you need a tour or paid room upgrade, instead she asked if I needed extra free amenities in the room. I said upgrade would be nice. Sure enough, upgraded to a nice suite. Mild expression of disappointment at lack of breakfast for Explorist (not pushy by any means) got me $25 dining credit which could be used any time. There was a conference and the food venue was packed. Nonetheless, the bartender took care of my to-go order, no less than drink-ordering customers. When the dessert didn't come out, he gave a replacement and took off the charge. Fantastic service.

Excellent city property and excellent value at category 3.
peter42 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:53 am

We were staying in Denver at a different property last weekend and couldn’t believe the weather for December. It was nice to drive from NM without worrying about snow. We’re planning a stay at the GH for next spring/summer.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Thanks for the review! I haven't stayed at the GH since 2014, so I went ahead and moved from the HH DEN to the GH for an upcoming stay. I really like the HR, especially with the light rail so close, though the GH definitely sounds like a good option these days.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
As an update; my review from a stay last week.

Flew home to DEN to see my parents for Christmas, though to the late arrival (and ever later with an Mx delay), I used my expiring free night cert and booked a stay at the GH. I do like the HR, though I think the GH is more elegant and enjoyable. I booked a standard king, though was upgraded to an Executive King when I did OLCI through the mobile app.

Upon arrival, the employee who checked me in did try to find a higher floor, though none of the same suites were available. Not a huge deal in any event; I was happy to have a free upgrade! Ended up ordering food from a local Nashville hot chicken place through Uber Eats, so I stopped by Courier (lobby level) to grab a beer to have with my meal. They ran out of the beer I wanted, though the backup I chose was quite good (Upslope Lager). The room was quite comfortable for a one night stay. I enjoyed having the living room for eating my dinner and then the large bed for watching TV and relaxing after dinner. The view from the room was just meh, though I didn't mind too much. Not too much noise from outside, though a transient did decide to slam her suitcase against a light pole outside the hotel which was quite loud. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and stayed warm, despite the cooler weather outside.

Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was good. Obv. it was free as Globalist, though the only choice was a buffet vs. choosing from it or a menu. They had an omelette station, in addition to eggs, hash browns, bacon, fruit, breads and other breakfast items. Service was decent, though we were never offered refills. I gave a pass as I know how tough many restaurant workers are working these days with reduced staff due to COVID.

All in all, a great stay at the GH. I continue to be a big fan of this property and the remodel looks great. My last visit was mid-2014 and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:25 am

This is such a well-managed, well-appointed property. More often than not, I get proactively upgraded here as a Globalist. Your experience also proves that the pandemic doesn’t have to cause a significant deterioration in the experience when management stays focused on the customer.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
StAying here this weekend for a couple of nights. Hoping for that ever elusive first globalist upgrade to a suite. Seems to be a pretty solid property based in this thread. We shall see.

Also any cheaper parking options nearby? Don’t mind walking. $38 is a bit steep. Will be a weekend stay and I’m assuming lots have cheaper prices on weekends.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Jan 3, 2022 at 12:26 pm
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
StAying here this weekend for a couple of nights. Hoping for that ever elusive first globalist upgrade to a suite. Seems to be a pretty solid property based in this thread. We shall see.

Also any cheaper parking options nearby? Don’t mind walking. $38 is a bit steep. Will be a weekend stay and I’m assuming lots have cheaper prices on weekends.
1. If they email you with a "we're looking forward to your stay, what can we do for you" email, just respond to that and say you'd appreciate a suite upgrade. (and anything else you might want -- large robes, slippers, etc.)

2. Try SpotHero - $10/night should be available in various places
sfgiants13 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
1. If they email you with a "we're looking forward to your stay, what can we do for you" email, just respond to that and say you'd appreciate a suite upgrade. (and anything else you might want -- large robes, slippers, etc.)

2. Try SpotHero - $10/night should be available in various places
thanks. No email from them so if no advance upgrade I’ll ask at checkin.

Anyone know if they are still waiving parking for globalists on non award stays? As of earlier this year it appears they were but that might have changed.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgot to add to my earlier review— the hotel texted me about six hours prior to my arrival in inquire if I needed anything. I suppose one could always discuss possible upgrades through there if no email is sent (I didn’t get one).
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:05 am

Checked the app this morning and was upgraded to an executive suite. I won’t hold my breath until my keys are in hand considering last night I got a very nice upgrade at the HR Aurora beforehand and had it taken away later in the afternoon and was met with an hour line at midnight to checkin. Couldn’t use the digital key because the suite that was assigned got pulled and it didn’t assign me another room.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
The last time we stayed there, we decided it was less expensive to just rent a car on a daily basis on the days we needed one from the nearby Hertz location. It not only saved on parking, but also the higher airport location taxes and fees. I'd be interested in knowing if they are waiving parking fees for Globalists on non-award stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.