Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Hi Hyattophiles,

TH and I have a stay starting today through Saturday and was wondering what type of room to request. I can't remember if this is an atrium hotel and how loud it gets.

I arrive a few days after TH gets there, but hopefully, they'll specify room type based on my status. TH is on room reservation.

Thanks for anyhelp.

lala
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Okay, let me answer my own post...

We stayed at the Denver Grand Hyatt last week, originally offered a not very good room, then put into a regency club room (right next to club-2503 in case you are wondering).

Taller half got to Denver, checked in and they offered her a better room, 2426, which is a corner room with a lovely view of well, parts of Denver, but not obstructed like the odd numbered room. The room was quite large, nicely appointed, very light and bright and a decent bathroom.

Never picked an amenity, but they were standard -- fruit, cheese, cookies beer etc. Regency club is tiny, but nice. They don't have china mugs for coffee, in fact, taller half couldn't find any coffee at night, but the hostess showed her where she hid it.

Regency club is closed on Friday night and all weekend. Breakfast in hotel is good, however, the conversation from the oncologists convention through out the hotel made you not want to linger in the regency club or restaurant.

Staff was great, we asked for the NYT to be delivered and it was. One night of our high speed internet was complimentary, after that it was 9.95 a night. Not bad.

Our meeting was at the Adam's Mark, so this was close enough and it felt safe to walk around. For the fact that Denver has a harsh climate, I could not believe the number of homeless folks and street kids I saw each night hanging out at the 16th street mall.

Would I stay there again?

If I had business in Denver sure, but I usually have to go to Boulder so its the Westin or the Boulderado for moi.

lala
Old Aug 19, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The hotel was wonderful. If you are a tourist and want to be in the more hustle-and-bustle area I would stay at the other Hyatt. The rooms were nice and clean but In my opinion they need to update thier TV's. All of the hotel staff was nice and brought any requests I had promptly(ie. towels, etc.). Room service was wonderful except the breakfast option. DO NOT order breakfast at this hotel. The eggs are undercooked, the coffee is cold, and the toast is soggy. Overall I would stay at this hotel next time I am in Dever for business but for vacation, I recommend the Hyatt at Colorado Convention Center.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 9:57 am

Had a stay here at the end of October, then a night at the HR Convention Center a couple weeks later. The Regency is my choice hands down. The Grand is just old and tired.

Ate lunch at the restaurant (I think it's called 1876) after arrival; the padding on the seat cushions is so worn out you can feel the wood frame quite distinctly. Asked for a new chair, and I was told they were all like that. Mentioned something to a desk clerk, but I doubt anything will change.

The club is a tiny shoebox, and there isn't enough room to put much food out. Chairs in the 'dining' area had the same padding issue as in the restaurant, although not quite as bad. The club doesn't seem to be staffed much of the time, so often the particular soda you are looking for might not be available. When present, most of the staff was very nice. Heard from one of them that the club will be moving to much bigger quarters on the 26th floor sometime soon.

Elevators are currently being redone, they are a pain--long wait times. I was staying below the club floor; several times when I was heading to the club, the elevator would get called down between the time I'd pushed the club floor button and inserted my key card--you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to block the elevator from going the other direction for 5 seconds after a club floor button is pushed to make sure this doesn't happen. One of the club concierges said it happens to him all the time, he suggested hitting 24 first to make sure your car will go up, then hitting 25 and doing the club floor key routine.

The room was clean, but compared to the very new Regency down the street, it just felt old.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Sex and a Party at the Hyatt Grand

I am actually posting this while still at the property. I have a nice room on the 15th Floor. Great amenities, Flat screen TV everything wonderful. Just got back from a High altitude Business Conference, and was looking forward to spending a couple of Days in Denver.

So last night I had a great meal, (Marlowe's) and after a movie, turned out the lights and settled in for a great nights sleep.About two hours later I get woken up from banging on my door. I got up and looked through the peep hole to see this very elegantly dressed couple (she with her dress hitched and he ready to disrobe) going at it with my door as a support. I naturally couldn't resist opening the door rather forcefully, but politely asking them to take it into their own room, as it was disturbing my sleep. They apologized, and I couldn't really be angry with them....

However, some of the other partygoers decided to have a party next door, and that really annoyed me, what with doors slamming and music at 2:30 am. I called downstairs and they said they would send someone right up. That happened and after about another half hour, everything quietened down.

The rooms are nice and the restaurant food is quite good, but be aware of those late night trysts
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:09 pm

question on Hyatt

Anyone been to the Grand Hyatt more recent then 08?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Grand Hyatt Denver

Any recent experiences with stays at this property?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Stay there for 4th of July weekend and no complaints. Excellent rooms and great service. I was able to score a breakfast included rate and let me tell you their breakfast at that 1876 restaurant is amazing. Just a great time!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I had a very brief stay in Oct' 09 - had meetings all day, checked in late, and left early in the morning so didn't get to experience the hotel much or even visit the RC, which is why I didn't bother posting a review before. Anyway, the hotel seemed very empty on a Thursday night. Was upgraded to an Executive Suite at check-in, which was a really great true suite. The living room was very large and had a big working desk as well as plenty of sofa space including a comfortable sectional chaise. I recall the bedroom and bathroom being spacious as well, although I felt they could have stocked more towels in the bathroom. My only other complaint is that the Executive Suite, despite being a corner, only has windows on one wall of each of the rooms. The view was quite nice though.

Valet service is $28/night which includes in/out and was very quick; both times I called for the car, it was waiting just inside the garage entrance by the time I got downstairs - I suppose the quickness may have been due to the lack of guests in the hotel. There is a desk agent in an office in the garage who handles the key exchanges, and she didn't seem to expect a tip (I really dislike tipping valets when the service charge is so high.)

As others have mentioned in this thread, the Grand certainly doesn't feel as new as the Regency but I didn't notice anything that made it feel worn down. Certainly the upgrade to the very nice Executive Suite, if it is something frequently done for Diamonds, may make the Grand a more attractive option. I will say that despite the efficiency of the Grand valet, I prefer the non-valet parking option at the Regency which allows in/out and is cheaper.

Last edited by gengar; Sep 15, 2010 at 11:04 am
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Not Impressed with Grand Hyatt Denver

Just completed a recent stay at this 4* property....and simply was not impressed. The front desk staff did not properly acknowledge the amenities that were part of my reservation (i.e. free breakfast, welcome amenity, etc.) and were generally unhelpful. The bell staff were friendly and helpful in explaining the features of the room. Unfortunately the "welcome" amenity was not in our room on arrival and when I called down to inquire about it the front desk person treated me as if I were lying and said he would have to "check" on it. Well someone must have talked some sense into him and he called back immediately to say that it would be brought right. The whole point is that I should not been forced to call the front desk to receive a "welcome" amenity - kinda ruins the point. The room was average at best and I have been in better rooms at Westin and other Hyatt properties - "popcorn ceilings in the guestrooms", "dirty, water-stained ceiling tiles in the lobby", etc.. etc. Next time I will stay at the Ritz and thank goodness Four Seasons opens its doors in November.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:36 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Could you please PM us your reservation number, and name, or the dates of your stay? We would be happy to look into these issues you experienced during your stay.

Thank you.

Nick B.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The Hyatt Regency down the street is a far nicer property than the Grand Hyatt.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by fastflyer
The Hyatt Regency down the street is a far nicer property than the Grand Hyatt.
+1

The Regency has some amazing rooms, with good views of downtown, plus it is much newer..
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I have no idea whether this is unique to this Hyatt ( I presume not ) but be extremely careful with their moisturizer -- I have maybe a bit of a sensitive skin (nothing too bad) but then I used all sorts of hotel provided moisturizers (they do not allow liquids on planes) but the one I got here made my skin just burn (ginger scent, I think). But then in Walgreens I found travel sized Aveeno so now I always will have my own so I presume I should be grateful for pressing me?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have stayed at GH and HR in Denver several times each, and I like them both but I prefer the GH. I never go with the welcome amenity so can't comment there, but they have always given me a very nice room. I am pretty particular about hotels so am surprised to see the reviews that this feels old. Hmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.