Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed three nights for birthday

Stayed this past weekend for three nights for my wife's birthday. Used a diamond suite upgrade and was booked in to a standard suite. Emailed the GM to let them know we were celebrating and was hoping to get bumped to a nicer room. Unfortunately, that was a no go. However, they really had a nice set up for us with sparkling white wine, strawberries with chocolate, and a birthday cake. Also, a little card signed by members of the staff that i thought was really cool(wife did too). The hotel renovation is complete and looks really nice. Room still had the new carpet smell. Location is excellent, it is very close to the 16th street mall(block and a half). Overall I would rate the stay excellent.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Hey all,
Planning a 5-night stay in DEN in January. I presume the GH is the better choice now (vs. HR)? Would it be worth it to use a GP upgrade to a suite (4-nights out of five obviously)? Could I get a nicer than standard suite @ check-in? (I'm sure I could negotiate something with the hotel)
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 8:57 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
IME GH Denver is amazing. They might still be remodeling, but this was only a minor inconvenience during my last stay there. (Lobby was temporarily on 3rd floor of hotel). The best suite I've ever occupied in the USA was at the GH Denver. In all fairness, I've never stayed at the HR Convention Center, yet I'd book the GH again in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Hey all,
Planning a 5-night stay in DEN in January. I presume the GH is the better choice now (vs. HR)? Would it be worth it to use a GP upgrade to a suite (4-nights out of five obviously)? Could I get a nicer than standard suite @ check-in? (I'm sure I could negotiate something with the hotel)
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:13 pm

Enjoyed my last stay at this property as well as the fitness center. Has anyone used the
rooftop track recently? Considering using it for an upcoming stay. Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jlisi984
I presume the GH is the better choice now (vs. HR)?

Would it be worth it to use a GP upgrade to a suite (4-nights out of five obviously)? Could I get a nicer than standard suite @ check-in? (I'm sure I could negotiate something with the hotel)
This hotel has an Executive Suite (many of them, actually), which is what you would upgrade into using points -- or the Diamond suite upgrade, if appropriate.

The next step in the suite category is the Presidential Suite. Such an upgrade doesn't happen very often, except with very regular guests or rare exceptions. So I wouldn't count on negotiating something unless it happened to be open.

Executive Suites are ok, but not exceptional in my opinion. A two room suite. Essentially a standard bedroom in the back, in the corner of the building with another standard-room-sized living room that you enter into. There's a bar-height table with four chairs (kinda bizarre, IMO), with a chair and sofa with a second TV in the living room space. Decent space with not much furniture in it. Not terribly comfortable.

Frankly, the suite upgrade category suites at the Hyatt Regency at the Denver Convention Center are larger and nicer in my opinion. They have a category above the standard upgrade which are even better. That property has many more categories of suites (and more of them) than the Grand Hyatt, so if you're good at negotiating further upgrades, this is the hotel you want. At the Grand, you've got only one option to aspire to.

I will say, however, the Club at the Grand is nicer and higher-end than at the Regency, in my view. So it depends on what you care more about -- the suite possibilities or the club. Though the club at the Regency is fine -- just not quite as nice.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:44 pm

Just checked in here a few hours ago. I applied a Diamond suite upgrade and was given
an executive suite on the 19th floor. The room is clean and spacious. Also, the corner
location is a plus IMO. I was able to visit the lounge about an hour before closing and it
was well stocked. Looking forward to trying out the breakfast spread tomorrow. All staff I
have encountered have been great. Highly recommend this property when in Denver ^.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Denver Grand Hyatt

Will be staying at Denver Grand Hyatt and a ttending a conference at Downtown Westin, walk looks about a mile anyone know if its an easy walk or is there a shuttle in Denver I read about somewhere , also best way to get from DEN airport to Grand Hyatt cheapest -female travelling alone

Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Try this post (the link goes to the specific post and not just the thread): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post17760409
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Very easy to get to the Westin - there is a shuttle that runs for free up and down the 16th Street Mall about 1 block from the Hyatt and stops right in front of the Westin.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by rntraveller
Will be staying at Denver Grand Hyatt and a ttending a conference at Downtown Westin, walk looks about a mile anyone know if its an easy walk or is there a shuttle in Denver I read about somewhere , also best way to get from DEN airport to Grand Hyatt cheapest -female travelling alone

Thanks
The cheapest way to get from DEN Airport to the Grand Hyatt would be to use the RTD SkyRide Bus Route#AF to Downtown. It departs hourly from the West Terminal Level 5 outside door 506. The one-way fare is $11 and makes a couple of stops along the way before reaching Market Street in Downtown. I would recommend getting off at Market Street Station and 16th Street. Once you reach the street level you can board the free shuttle that runs along the 16th Street Mall and exit at Welton. It goes by about every two minutes so its easy to spot .
Old May 21, 2014, 7:14 pm

Had a stay last weekend in one of the suites. The flat screen in the living room is huge (55-60"). I believe the one in the bedroom is 42". I like that the suites facing the mountains are a short walk from the elevator. The water pressure in the shower was not very strong. Food in the lounge during happy hour was pretty weak. Was fairly disappointed that this property charges for alcohol in the lounge during happy hour (honor bar). I believe the prices are $3-5 and they have craft beer.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Was fairly disappointed that this property charges for alcohol in the lounge during happy hour (honor bar). I believe the prices are $3-5 and they have craft beer.
All domestic lounges charge for alcohol.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
All domestic lounges charge for alcohol.
I guess I've not paid attention at other properties. First time seeing an honor bar. Prices are still fairly low that it isn't a bad deal.
Old May 27, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Astrophysx review and pics are right -on. The suite I'm in may be the same one in his pictures. Staff are pleasant but not really impressive. Hotel is kind of "blah" not much feel to it. I like the Hyatt Regency (convention center) a few blocks away better.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Parking

Hi,
will stay there in august.
How about parking, any good options than the 33 USD onsite valet parking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.