Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Stayed here for one night over the weekend and was far from impressed. I was placed on a low floor and given a corner room. Overall the room was fine, but the public areas looked dated. Hallways reminded me of something I would expect to see in 1993 and the lobby and elevators were nothing special. Club lounge was nicely decorated, but way too crowded. Used a 50% off coupon for the breakfast buffet downstairs which was $8.50 and I thought the service and food was great.

Originally Posted by fastflyer
The Hyatt Regency down the street is a far nicer property than the Grand Hyatt.
I 100% agree with this and thought the other property was much nicer overall for $20 less a night.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: British Air, Virgin, Alaska, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed at GH Denver last month (October 2010). Reception was very attentive and the decor on the main floor subtle and tasteful. As a diamond I was upgraded to an executive suite. While the size of the suite was very large and the room was exceptionally clean, the decor left much to be desired. In particular, the popcorn ceilings and 1980s-seeming furniture and bed were a significant contrast to what I am accustomed to at a Grand Hyatt. Having said that, I had a great stay. As others have mentioned, the club was not large, but it was exceptionally well-stocked and the food was excellent (and the club had modern decor). All in all, my stay was just fine, the service was excellent, and I would return again.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
I have an upcoming stay that I used an expiring upgrade certificate on and am looking forward to posting my experience. Thanks for the feedback folks have provided.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I just stayed at the Grand Hyatt last week for one night for business. Front desk was quick and efficient, acknowledged my Diamond status.

I did street parking, since I was coming in late and leaving early. That was a mistake -- I misread the meter that overnight parking was free. The meter says that it's "allowed", but still have to pay. The ticket was only $25 though, which isn't much more then the meter and probably less then valet parking at the hotel.

I was upgraded to one of the presidential suites, which was an awesome room. There's only a few photos here:
http://www.granddenver.hyatt.com/hya...&tabType=photo
I took some photos that I'll try to post if anyone is interested.

The presidential suite had a great shower w/ 6 showerheads, nice sound system, in-mirror TV, coffeemaker w/ it's own bean grinder (beans provided), and a computer in the room for use. I used the computer for normal web browsing (nice big screen) and my small laptop for business use.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thumbs up

Recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night and was pretty impressed. All reasonable hotels in downtown Denver were running $250+/night, so I made a bid on Priceline and got the GH for $100/night which I was very pleased about.^

I expected some tiny room in the basement, but was actually quite happy with the room which was located on the 12th floor: nothing over the top, but fairly modern and spacious (250-300sq.ft.), comfortable bed, flat-screen TV...

What I was particularly impressed about was the service: front desk staff and in-room dining staff were very friendly and helpful, express laundry was delivered in time and I even got a 2p.m. late ckeck-out.

If I happen to need a room in downtown Denver again, I´d definitely consider staying at the Grand Hyatt again.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Impressed!

Just about the leave the Hotel. It deserves some comments. I contacted the Hotel prior to our arrival. Kindly asked arrival time. The front desk check-in was very professional with a fun part to it. In a good way. Upgraded on high floor to executive suite on corner. Our AAA rate included breakfast but we took ours in the Lounge. The Lounge is certainly one of the nicest in North America. They did make a point of stating they offer no hot items. The suite is comfortable but lacks a door between the bedroom and living room for privacy. With our late arrival we did have a few fingers sandwiches with garnish in the room. Two bottles if Evian water. A very nice touch. The rate was excellent versus all other rates with Hilton, Hyatt or SPG in the area. As a tourist the perfect location. Would return.

Regarding the Mint tour. Make your reservation in advance. If you are going to the aquarium which was not bad. Lots of info in a small area versus Atlanta. I called in advance to find out the best way to see and deals. Plan to finish your meal after 6 PM. With this you are entitled to a discount at the aquarium and free parking. If you check online at the Denver Visitors Bureau site we also find a coupon for the chef's daily appetizer comp. The prices at the restaurant were above market but the food was pretty tasty. You can sit by the aquarium and see the fish. A very good deal in the end.

Without doubt you need a car. You may beable to arrange using public transport but that was not for us. Also coming in from DEN is a ways. But buses are available. The parking at the Hyatt is not that cheap considering the number of garages around. This also might be worth checking on. Enjoy!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Without doubt you need a car. You may beable to arrange using public transport but that was not for us. Also coming in from DEN is a ways. But buses are available. The parking at the Hyatt is not that cheap considering the number of garages around. This also might be worth checking on. Enjoy!
Glad you enjoyed your stay! The GH Denver is one of my favorite properties.

As far as the car comment, I agree if you plan to travel outside of the greater Denver metro-area, but if you are just going to stay downtown, no car is needed. There is a light rail station right near the hotel, as well as the free 16th street mall buses that are constantly running. RTD buses are available throughout the city..

For getting to and from DIA (DEN), Super Shuttle is pretty easy to use, and also much more cost effective than renting a car.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Did State Capitol, US Mint, We Bought a Zoo at UA on 16th Street Mall, Botanical Gardens, Aquarium and something Cherry Mall before heading to airport. A solid 24 hours. The car was reasonable and it took less than 3 gallons of gas. Enjoyed Denver having spent no time as a tourist but tons of meetings downtown.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I did a points stay here on a Tuesday mid-Feb. They gave me a complementary upgrade to a suite facing the Colorado Athletic Club, it was nice.

I took the amenity, a melted cheese and bread deal that was very good.

It's a nice place. I was surprised to be the only person using the Club room in the evening. At breakfast, one other person came in. The Club room is fairly large and nicely furnished.

One way the hotel needs a refurbishment is in the high-use keycard readers. My keycard didn't work in the Club, I went back to the front desk, they gave me a new one, but said the original was coded properly. The new one worked. In the elevators, the floors required keycards, and each elevator had two readers, but generally only one worked.

I understand it'll very expensive to swap out all the readers on each room to upgrade to smartcards. I'd hope a hybrid solution is available - smartcards that also have magnetic stripes -- the high-use readers in the elevators, etc can be upgraded to smartcard readers, while door locks can be upgraded over time.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Do you all know what rooms are on the club level and how to get them? I got upgraded once because my toilet broke in my standard double/double room and they put me in a club room on the top floor with club access. The room was much better than the standard one and I tried to look for an "execuitve room" or something along those lines but no cigar. My question is: Is there a way to get these nice rooms online, through the phone or is it impossible? Thanks. I love this hotel BTW

Last edited by UAL250; Mar 6, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reason: TYPO
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

As of last fall - the rooms on the club floor ("executive") were the rooms that serve as mockups models for the remodel of all rooms - as such I'm sure that they aren't directly reservable online - perhaps contacting the property itself (with a GC room booking or Diamond status which entitles you to GC access could get you those rooms).
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Ahh, thank you sir. I tried booking a GC room last time I stayed there but I only got the GC access, no fancy room on the GC floor. If those are what all the rooms will look like, then that hotel could possibly get a five star rating as those rooms were outstanding.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:58 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Just got back from a fantastic stay at the Grand Hyatt Denver. They are currently remodeling so there was a big of inconvenience, but they more than made up for it with friendliness, professionalism, etc. The room (corner suite on the top floor) was absolutely fantastic in every detail. The Grand Club was marvelous. All-round service was great. Location is perfect. The stay was just wonderful in every detail.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Just got back from a fantastic stay at the Grand Hyatt Denver. They are currently remodeling so there was a big of inconvenience, but they more than made up for it with friendliness, professionalism, etc. The room (corner suite on the top floor) was absolutely fantastic in every detail. The Grand Club was marvelous. All-round service was great. Location is perfect. The stay was just wonderful in every detail.
Thanks for the update ^. Planning to catch a Rockies game at Coors Field so this property
seems like a good choice
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:13 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mr27
Thanks for the update ^. Planning to catch a Rockies game at Coors Field so this property seems like a good choice
The Grand Hyatt is a perfect choice! You can walk (about a mile) to Coors Field, traversing almost the entire length of the 16th street mall. Or, ride the free bus and end up walking a grand total of about 5 blocks. I must admit that your post makes me want to start planning my next trip to Denver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.