Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 9:30 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sw1x
Take a look at the Langham. One of the best US city hotels hotels in my book.
I second the Langham, though the Park Hyatt post-renovation does look good
sw1x likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
I second the Langham, though the Park Hyatt post-renovation does look good
Seeing the Park Hyatt pictures post renovation here, I would agree that it, indeed, does look very good.
WasKnown likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It’s really nice to see a Park Hyatt redesign which doesn’t look like dog....! Let’s hope this is the new new style.
sw1x and WasKnown like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by zdt_ft
[...]
Only place I've seen with Toto washlets in the continental US, and there's two in two different bathrooms with showers in this Chicago Avenue standard suite:[...]
The Park Hyatt New York's suites also feature Toto washlets.
bsdstone likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Only place I've seen with Toto washlets in the continental US,
Well I suggest you matched to MGM gold and stay in one of the suites in Aria you will see this.

Old May 11, 2023, 12:08 am

Building is in top-top shape after the renovations in 2022. $50 breakfast credit effectively good for 1 food item and 1 drink.
Only place I've seen with Toto washlets in the continental US, and there's two in two different bathrooms with showers in this Chicago Avenue standard suite:
https://youtu.be/sRR7itbBrTg
Staying in this room for 5 nights in October, can't wait!

Last edited by Tonyr4; May 24, 2023 at 1:58 pm
Old May 27, 2023, 6:45 pm

Amazing stay

Just finished the two night stay here and it was flawless. Perfect service. No issues with valet. No issues with the breakfast credit (Even though we went over, all was wiped from my folio).

Received a Chicago avenue suite which my puppy loved. This is truly what a park hyatt should be.

Old May 28, 2023, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just finished the two night stay here and it was flawless. Perfect service. No issues with valet. No issues with the breakfast credit (Even though we went over, all was wiped from my folio).

Received a Chicago avenue suite which my puppy loved. This is truly what a park hyatt should be.

An upgraded room at a Park Hyatt and a shiba inu. What more can one ask for?
luvFclass and pronichkin like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:18 pm
Chy

Does Park Hyatt Chicago have a Club Lounge open? Trying to determine as explorist if there is value here with that with the club lounge awards.

Also, for Globalist, is there an option for in room breakfast?
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Chy
Does Park Hyatt Chicago have a Club Lounge open? Trying to determine as explorist if there is value here with that with the club lounge awards.

I don't think I've ever heard of a club lounge at a Park Hyatt. Not sure that is the thing.

Regards
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chy

You can do in room breakfast, although there is a limit on the dollar value that's relatively low.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
I don't think I've ever heard of a club lounge at a Park Hyatt. Not sure that is the thing.

Regards
There was one at the PH Melbourne that I enjoyed quite a bit. But sadly it has not reopened post pandemic. There is not one at PH Chicago.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Skoolz60
There was one at the PH Melbourne that I enjoyed quite a bit. But sadly it has not reopened post pandemic. There is not one at PH Chicago.
Not sure if this counts, but there is The Peak Bar at Park Hyatt Tokyo, which had complimentary drinks and small bites for Globalist. Mind you, this was pre-pandemic times, so I will find out in August, if this is still one of our perks.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Not sure if this counts, but there is The Peak Bar at Park Hyatt Tokyo, which had complimentary drinks and small bites for Globalist. Mind you, this was pre-pandemic times, so I will find out in August, if this is still one of our perks.
Twilight hour at PH Tokyo is gone.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:07 pm

Stayed here with points (only a discoverist)

Room was excellent, faced the water tower (looks like a church)

Has a big tub that could fit 2 people side by side.

Best location for first timers visiting chicago.

Parker is still alive, although shes like a grandma walking around. Such a sweet dog.

Would definitely return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.