Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
I'm not making the claim they "had" to do anything. High and low "season" are not generally defined as high and low "days of the week", if that's generally the case then SUA being applicable to up to 7 nights stay would be a sham.
Your complaint is a little unclear. The first issue you seem to have is that they are playing games by not having suites available on points. But those aren't games because Hyatt has no requirement for suites to ever be available on points. The second issue you had is that SUA can't be used on a standard suite. If that's true, then that's indeed a problem, however another poster said they just applied their SUA to a standard suite. So, not sure what's actually the case. Remember, applying an SUA should be doable when the suite is available for sale, it does not need to be available for points. If you actually tried and were denied then that could be an issue but if you just assumed it wasn't available due to your confusion over points availability then just contact Hyatt and try.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:52 am

Nothing within the next 5 months.
If the claim is that there is not a suite available for 2 consecutive nights, consisting of Friday and Saturday, then that appears true.

Though if we are talking one of the two, 2/16 has Gold Coast(premium)/NoMi/Park all available on points.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Your complaint is a little unclear. The first issue you seem to have is that they are playing games by not having suites available on points. But those aren't games because Hyatt has no requirement for suites to ever be available on points. The second issue you had is that SUA can't be used on a standard suite. If that's true, then that's indeed a problem, however another poster said they just applied their SUA to a standard suite. So, not sure what's actually the case. Remember, applying an SUA should be doable when the suite is available for sale, it does not need to be available for points. If you actually tried and were denied then that could be an issue but if you just assumed it wasn't available due to your confusion over points availability then just contact Hyatt and try.
The first is true, but if we’re talking strictly about what Hyatt requires, then the answer is, technically speaking, almost nothing. Even the widely praised upgrade based on availability at check in isn’t required, since availability is whatever the hotel defines it as.

As for the second issue, point taken. I did not actually call in to see if an SUA could be applied so it might actually be doable, the reason I didn’t take into account the other posters data point is because that’s in October, and there are actually points available suite upgrades after June.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:24 am

The first is true, but if we’re talking strictly about what Hyatt requires, then the answer is, technically speaking, almost nothing. Even the widely praised upgrade based on availability at check in isn’t required, since availability is whatever the hotel defines it as.
The thing that is strictly required by Hyatt is that any base room that is available for sale must also be available for points and FNC. There are a few properties known to play games with this (though I've never had an issue with any properties I was staying at...twice it's happened and twice when contacting Hyatt cs they fixed the issue and magically created award inventory for me) So I thought perhaps you were conflating the two by suggesting suites must also be available for points when they are available for sale. That's not at all the case.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Cinnabom
Just booked via FHR. Base room upgraded to Lake View.
We received a small pastry as a welcome gift (no welcome notes).
Just having recently stayed at Shangri-La Vancouver, I was surprised by the difference in the level of service provided here. No personal touches and the front desk seemed a bit cold.
Breakfast credit was $60 for 2 people per day. I was informed it does not roll over if unused. Last time I stayed at the Langham, the credits were just applied at check out. The statement only shows what I had to pay after the credit was applied. We definitely went over the $60 breakfast credit, but the excess only shows up as ~$100 gratuity on my folio, so It’s a bit confusing. Would have preferred something more transparent like the Langham where everything was an itemized list.
Can’t complain about the food or service at NoMi though. It was fantastic.

Does anyone know how much breakfast credit you would get for booking through Privé for those of us who don’t hold any hotel status? I usually prefer to book Privé, but Amex rates were for some reason lower than their standard rate this time.
Hi, do you know if there are additional fees beyond the FHR rate taxes and fees at the property? It says 0 when going to book a FHR stay, but many properties list fees due at the property separate.

Thanks,
Ken
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by InnoAviation
Hi, do you know if there are additional fees beyond the FHR rate taxes and fees at the property? It says 0 when going to book a FHR stay, but many properties list fees due at the property separate.

Thanks,
Ken
No, there aren’t any additional fees you have to pay at the property. Just whatever you charge to your room.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:16 pm

both aero and maxmypoint are showing 2 total nights available for suites on points within the 330 days
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by saaveraward
both aero and maxmypoint are showing 2 total nights available for suites on points within the 330 days
Properties are not required to make suites available on points, only base level rooms.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Properties are not required to make suites available on points, only base level rooms.
No one is claiming they're required to do anything. I am adding a further data point as the discussion has been focused primarily on weekends.
joecool1885 and Dave510 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Just checked out from a 1-night stay as Globalist. Booked a base level king room with a 1-7 cert; "upgraded" to a higher floor king room. Multiple actual upgrades (including standard suites) available at check-in, but front desk declined upgrade request. Staff was otherwise friendly. Elevator was ancient and painfully slow. Room was typically Park Hyatt motif. Full breakfast comped at NoMi in AM despite ordering slightly over the limit. Location is decent.

Overall, this was probably the weakest of the Park Hyatts we've visited. In the future, when people complain about the Park Hyatt NY, I'm going to laugh like hell, and remind them that things could be worse -- they could be staying at the PH Chicago!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Just checked out from a 1-night stay as Globalist. Booked a base level king room with a 1-7 cert; "upgraded" to a higher floor king room. Multiple actual upgrades (including standard suites) available at check-in, but front desk declined upgrade request. Staff was otherwise friendly. Elevator was ancient and painfully slow. Room was typically Park Hyatt motif. Full breakfast comped at NoMi in AM despite ordering slightly over the limit. Location is decent.

Overall, this was probably the weakest of the Park Hyatts we've visited. In the future, when people complain about the Park Hyatt NY, I'm going to laugh like hell, and remind them that things could be worse -- they could be staying at the PH Chicago!
So overall a good stay, but your miffed about the upgrade request...can I ask if this location is decent, what would you describe as a good location in Chicago?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
So overall a good stay, but your miffed about the upgrade request...can I ask if this location is decent, what would you describe as a good location in Chicago?
This PH sits within the absolute best location of Chicago. He is definitely miffed about not being upgraded. I just had a 5 night stay there in October in one of the Chicago Avenue Suites. It is a really nice property.
bsdstone and PG.backpacker like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
This PH sits within the absolute best location of Chicago. He is definitely miffed about not being upgraded. I just had a 5 night stay there in October in one of the Chicago Avenue Suites. It is a really nice property.
I've stayed there in the past. This Saturday will be my first stay post renovation. I put in for a suite upgrade and there appear to be many available. Love the breakfast at NOMI as well. Excited to see how the rooms have changed.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:46 pm

This is one of my favorite Park Hyatt properties in North America. I have usually been upgraded to a suite, so I do find that part of your stay unusual. I think technically they’re supposed to give you a standard suite if it’s available, but I have never pushed it in those situations unless I’m traveling with my toddler.

One thing I hope they do change with the property is making the hard product more consistent. The rooms, hallways and some public areas are really beautiful, but the pool, spa, elevators, fitness center and even NoMi are due for a refurbishment IMO.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cmag211
This is one of my favorite Park Hyatt properties in North America. I have usually been upgraded to a suite, so I do find that part of your stay unusual. I think technically they’re supposed to give you a standard suite if it’s available, but I have never pushed it in those situations unless I’m traveling with my toddler.

One thing I hope they do change with the property is making the hard product more consistent. The rooms, hallways and some public areas are really beautiful, but the pool, spa, elevators, fitness center and even NoMi are due for a refurbishment IMO.
Didn't see the fitness center but all areas of NoMi are in beautiful condition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.