Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
The shuttle runs like clockwork. On every quarter hour to the Crystal City Metro station, every 20 minutes (00/20/40) to the airport. No need to call. I think they stop the Metro one later in the evening, but the airport one goes to at least midnight.

For point of reference - I take a taxi to Navy Yard when I'm there because I don't feel like showing up at the client site like a sweaty mess. Cost is always $18-$22. So unless there is a physical issue preventing a taxi ride, you're still better off at the Crystal City location than the HR/Capitol.
Perfect! Thanks for the tip about the taxi. I, too, will be on business so your taxi plan seems like it would work well.

I just can't give up a BRG rate at $140/night (HRCC) for $271/night (HRWC)!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I had a very good first time stay here a few weeks ago, I will admit I was a tad surprised since I never know what to expect with airport hotels and some of the trip advisor comments were not that great. I used points for a one night stay and got an upgrade to a suite with a small balcony. The food was good and the service was top notch, the server in the restaurant at Breakfast was very professional and addressed me by name. I will definitely be back next time I am in Crystal City or fly out of National
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Back for another stay with an upgrade to an executive king end unit on the top floor (18). My profile is "high floor, away from elevator", and this is most definitely meets the criteria. Must be a pretty quiet weekend with no conventions and very little activity in the lobby and bar area. My last stay here was some university weekend event and the place was packed. Checked in at 1230 without any problem.

Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:54 pm

Will be staying here from Dec 5-8 for FTU conference. Rates are $89/night if I buy by tonight or $99 thereafter ($90 AAA discount) OR 12,000 HGPP/night (heck no!) Would it be better to just pay cash for this or C&P it? What is the class/level of this hotel, so I could figure out if the C&P route is better? TIA
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:09 pm

I would not do cash and points ($75 plus 6,000 points) when you can get the room for $15 above what the cash portion would be ($90) and not have to surrender any points.

I value my points at a minimum of 1.5 cents, so 6,000 points, to me, is easily worth $90 in value or more at expensive properties, and often quite more than that. I would not trade them off to save $15.

The 3A rate is generally refundable if the rate drops to something lower before your arrival, so it does offer some flexibility. I was there last week on an $79 rate.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by tom911
I would not do cash and points ($75 plus 6,000 points) when you can get the room for $15 above what the cash portion would be ($90) and not have to surrender any points.

I value my points at a minimum of 1.5 cents, so 6,000 points, to me, is easily worth $90 in value or more at expensive properties, and often quite more than that. I would not trade them off to save $15.

The 3A rate is generally refundable if the rate drops to something lower before your arrival, so it does offer some flexibility. I was there last week on an $79 rate.
Yah, I figured. Thanks. Oh, what do you mean by "The AAA rate is generally refundable if the rate drops to something lower before your arrival, so it does offer some flexibility?" Do you mean like a BRG where the rate is completely refunded or just the difference?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:58 am

No, I mean if they publish a lower advance purchase rate, for instance, that is below the 3A rate. Cancel the 3A rate and rebook the advance purchase rate.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:26 am

Is the My Elite rate available for the FTU DC dates (12/5 - 12/7) and if so, is it lower than the Advanced Purchase rate for 1 King Bed ($89)?

My Hyatt Platinum status thru buying an FTU ticket hasn't been processed yet so I can't check myself.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by swazzie
Is the My Elite rate available for the FTU DC dates (12/5 - 12/7) and if so, is it lower than the Advanced Purchase rate for 1 King Bed ($89)?

My Hyatt Platinum status thru buying an FTU ticket hasn't been processed yet so I can't check myself.
The Platinum status came thru today--neither the My Elite or Advanced Purchase rates are available now so the AAA rate it is.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This weekend I completed my second stay here and had another good experience, very attentive staff throughout the facility and very good front desk. In addition to there being a regularly scheduled airport shuttle, there is also a shuttle to Crystal City Metro every 15 minutes which was quite useful to me since I arrived at the Alexandria Amtrak station and walked over to the King Street Metro station (Crystal City is two stops away). There is actually quite a lot within walking distance including the Shops at Crystal City and many restaurants so it’s definitely not like some airport hotels where you are more of less limited to what is at your hotel or adjoining hotel(s). One evening we did have appetizers and drinks at Lobbibar in the hotel and they have a really comfy setup with a few sections of couches and TVs and the food was decent. Highly recommend if you are in the Crystal City/Reagan National area.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:31 pm

I was here last night and had an 18th floor executive king. Was on the same floor back in November. Excellent service at breakfast this morning at 0715, aside from bringing me coffee when I asked for tea. Quickly corrected. Had hoped to sleep in but AA rerouted me home via DFW on an early flight to avoid ORD. Checked out at 0800.

Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:23 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Just checked in for a weekend stay. Double point offer at $109 per night.
Was upgraded to a Regency Suite -- basically a central parlour which can be connected to up to 2 bedrooms, one on either side. Nice upgrade.

Staff are very nice. Dinner at Cinnabar was surprisingly good too. Rather impressed with this Hyatt!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:50 am

Do they have fridge in the room? or at least some of the rooms?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:34 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I did not see a fridge in the bedroom (regular room) but there was a fridge in the wet bar area of the parlour.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:50 pm

This may be back in the thread, but a heads up: There is no Regency Club at this property. I was a bit surprised by this. I wasn't given any bonus points for them not having a Regency Club (I guess you only get the bonus points if there is a Regency Club and it is closed).

However, I do have to say that the service was some of the best I've seen at a Hyatt. Everyone I encountered went above and beyond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.