Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sad to report that their room service menu prices went up as of SEP 4. Nonetheless, service is pretty good. I was a AAA Business Plan and the front desk ask me if I booked it because of the breakfast. Turns out an AAA rate comes with breakfast with or without the Business Plan and she offered to downgrade my rate by $20 or so.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by seawolf
Sad to report that their room service menu prices went up as of SEP 4. Nonetheless, service is pretty good.
Funny ... I was just about to report the same thing. Arrived back tonight and was looking forward to my usual Sirloin Steak dinner for $18. Disappointed it wasn't there anymore. Looks like Hyatt is standardizing its food service menu. Most of the items on the new menu here is identical to what I saw in Phoenix last week and Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sassable
I noticed that the self-parking fee for the hotel is $23 per night. Is parking available (and, more importantly, free) on the weekends? Are there meters? I haven't been to Crystal City is several years, so I can't remember what the parking situation is like on weekends.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Stayed here the past Labor Day Weekend. Meters are 8 AM - 6 PM Mon - Sat @ 25 cents/15 mins. There is a 2 hour maximum of time that can be placed at any one time on the meter.

There are a couple of garages nearby that had inexpensive early bird rates (in by 7 AM) of $6 -$7 during the weekend. Do not know how long that you could park there for that amount, and don't know if that is applicable to weekdays -- probably not. About 4/10 mile down from the hotel on Crystal Drive is the Crystal City Public Parking garage -- do not know the rates at the place, though, as the meters served me fine.

Hope this helps.

By the way, the hotel was quite fine and the $89.25 AAA rate with Breakfast ($98, after taxes) was quite acceptable during this FFN earnings period.

Finally, Jaleo, a Spanish Tapas place, is also 4/10 mile down from the hotel on Crystal Drive. It was quite good, and with a pitcher of sangria and a 20% tip and about 9 Tapas dishes, it came to about $100.00. It is also on IDINE, so you can earn FF miles!

I should add that I was carded for my AAA card at both this property as well as the Hyatt Regency DC Capitol Hill, so bring your AAA cards with you!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Sep 5, 2007 at 4:06 pm
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I was carded AAA 50% of the time.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:27 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At a recent multi day meeting I parked at the Holiday Inn which is a very short walk for $7 night. Many people were grumbling about poor internet connections though.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by msv
At a recent multi day meeting I parked at the Holiday Inn which is a very short walk for $7 night. Many people were grumbling about poor internet connections though.
WOW. $23 @ Hyatt and $7 @ HI.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I was here last week. I did not get the fabulous humongous room I usually get, but it was quiet and the shuttle made it to DCA the next day.

I wouldn't call this a destination hotel, but for those of us with early flights, it is okay.

Stay and bonuses posted without me asking.

lala
Old Sep 5, 2007, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lalala
I was here last week. I did not get the fabulous humongous room I usually get, but it was quiet and the shuttle made it to DCA the next day.

I wouldn't call this a destination hotel, but for those of us with early flights, it is okay.

Stay and bonuses posted without me asking.

lala

Wife is only Paltinum and me Gold, so we were happy with what we received. Really liked the renovations and what I assume was a standard room had a really nice long couch where the window is situated in the room.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:32 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Oops need to clairfy I was there for 2 days 1 night so the total actually was $14. I was staying at the Hilton where the parking garage area was under renovation and cost $25/night and from what I heard they kept "misplacing cars" and from a look at the quality of the suits people were wearing this wasn't a good thing!! At least the HI was non-valet and I do not like people driving my car.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Going to be there 17-20th for the National Science Foundation conference. Anyone else going to be there? Also, any idea of how the food is at this property? We have 60 minutes for lunch, and so I am presumably going to have to "grab" something there to eat. Phil
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Just had the breakfast buffet. It was fine, if a bit standard. Try Jaleo down the street if time permits.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Dependable Hotel w/ Excellent Service

This is my favorite hotel for trips to D.C. The newly renovated rooms are Grand Hyatt standard, the lbby bartenders are great, and the crab cakes in Chesapeake Grill upstairs are the best I've ever had, including in Baltimore. The shuttle to the Crystal City or Airport Metro stations is briefer than the walk from the Park Hyatt to the station nearest it, Old Town Alexandria is only a few minutes away by cab. Beware of youth conventions in the summer; other wise, this Hyatt is a wise choice.^
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:31 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Thumbs up Excellent Fresh Seafood

Legal Sea Foods is within walking distance of the hotel.
I have had some excellent meals there and the Crab Cakes are typically exceptional without filler virtually all lump crabmeat.
Lunch can be very busy there.Though we have always gotten in even if we had to dine at the bar.
There are other locations throughout DC and another branch in DCA.
I never fail to have the lobster salad before flying out.
Simply Heaven on a plate in a civilzed world if there is one
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
can anyone update if this is still valid?

any new options since then?

What are diamonds now getting for b/f (coupons?)

how close is the nearest metro?

I do love Legal seafoods
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.27M Hyatt Diamond Marriott SLVR HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
can anyone update if this is still valid?

any new options since then?

What are diamonds now getting for b/f (coupons?)

how close is the nearest metro?

I do love Legal seafoods
Can only address the metro location on your list TH - it's a fair walk (maybe 1/2 mile?) but I typically get the hotel staff to drop me off. On my return, I often walk it. You can stroll down the street if the weather is good or go through Crystal City and under buildings about 80% of the way. As long as you're packing light for your meeting, it's no big deal.

Another strategy that works (especially if the weather is crappy) is to take the Blue Line all the way to DCA and catch the shuttle to the hotel. Just takes a little more time, unless you call them to pick you up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.