Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Diamond treatment has been pretty good for me, but then again my only use for it was to run up the FFN counter.
Old May 17, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
OK, this is going to sound stange...

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It was one of the more successful room renovations I have seen recently.
My one issue was water pressure in the shower.Otherwise brilliantly excecuted new bathrooms.
While the bathrooms looked great, the toilets were placed a good 4 - 6 inches too high! Maybe Shaq would be comfortable on these thrones, but I definitely didn't like having to dangle my legs while using the facility. Sorry to draw you all a graphic picture, but I thought the above comment needed a counter-point. And I'm not a midget ... I'm over 6'.

And the couches in the balcony suites were among the least comfrotable I've every sat on.

Bed was nice though.

Last edited by Nosmo King; May 17, 2007 at 9:45 pm
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:36 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Was there this weekend and added some pics of my Ambassador Suite for you to enjoy
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: HGP Platinum, SPG
Parking Options?

I noticed that the self-parking fee for the hotel is $23 per night. Is parking available (and, more importantly, free) on the weekends? Are there meters? I haven't been to Crystal City is several years, so I can't remember what the parking situation is like on weekends.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Most of Crystal City has no street parking, and other areas have residential permits. Sat/Sun parking is free for the retail shops, but I dunno about overnight.

Found this old thread on DCA-area parking, which mentions some interesting options:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archi.../t-335612.html

edit: sorry, there is metered parking. didn't remember it from a prior visit.

Last edited by paytonc; Aug 17, 2007 at 9:02 pm
Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Sassable
I noticed that the self-parking fee for the hotel is $23 per night.
A minor point, but no self parking at hotel ... only valet parking.

I'm here right now (and here just about every other week). There are metered street parking spots nearby (within a few blocks). You don't have to feed the meters after 6:00 pm, but I have no idea whether or not.they allow you to leave your car overnight.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by richee
A minor point, but no self parking at hotel ... only valet parking.

I'm here right now (and here just about every other week). There are metered street parking spots nearby (within a few blocks). You don't have to feed the meters after 6:00 pm, but I have no idea whether or not.they allow you to leave your car overnight.
Thanks that answered the question.

If they are like the meters at the Marriott Crystal Gateway -- and that actually may be the meters you refer to -- then you can leave the car overnight. More importantly, the parking is definitely free on Sundays and holidays and there are some meters that are actually free on Saturdays -- but you have to make sure you are at one of them!

Otherwise, they are 25 cents per hour as I recall before 6 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by paytonc
Most of Crystal City has no street parking, and other areas have residential permits. Sat/Sun parking is free for the retail shops, but I dunno about overnight.

Found this old thread on DCA-area parking, which mentions some interesting options:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archi.../t-335612.html

Wrong.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 2:51 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paytonc
This is just plain wrong. There is on-street parking in Crystal City with meters, but evenings and weekends you do not have to feed the meters. They've been doing a lot of new construction around the CC Hyatt in recent years, so on-street parking may not as plentiful as it used to be due to construction zones and more stuff around the CC Hyatt than there used to be, but it is there. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Crystal City (basically clear on the other side of Crystal City, but still Crystal City none-the-less) and on-street parking on the weekend there is a piece of cake.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
As I was leaving this morning, I noticed there were metered parking spaces on the street just to the left (when facing the hotel) of the hotel entrance.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
This hotel is just dandy for short stays. I have one in two weeks, it is also one of the only hotels that falls within per diem for DC.

lala
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Room service prices seem a bit cheaper than the other DC area hotels I've been in. Renovated rooms are nice. Downside is that it is not near the Metro and will have to take the shuttle to the airport to catch the Metro.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 1.93MM+, UA Gold, SWA Comp Pass, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Loved the food and service

I needed a nearby hotel as I was flying West at 6am the next day and thought I'd try Hyatt Crystal City - loved every minute of it! The room was fantastic as was the restaurant (top floor?). With a great meal and awesome view, it sucked to be eating there alone..

I was in the lobby at 4:30am (before the 5am shuttle..) and couldn't get a cab. The front desk arranged to have someone drop me off at DCA in their Chevy Suburban.

Nice touch - wrote letter of recommendation to them for their service and hospitality.

Chipper
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:12 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
That is really great service. I think that is well deserved of a letter ^.

Phil
Old Aug 25, 2007, 1:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

I was very satisfied to stay here a few nights before this years Freddie Awards which was held at the nearby Marriott.
I found the hotel to be very pro active and helpful ^
They made my stay very enjoyable.
The room was one of the more successful renovations in a rather previoulsy dull Hyatt.
It is interesting that the Marriott had the nicer lobby and the Hyatt had far nicer rooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.