Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Cologne (Köln) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Cologne (Köln) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by womnko
guys, what is your recent success rate with comp upgrades for diamond in that property?
Even as a comped Diamond doing the challenge, you should be given lounge access despite the fact that they might not have a room on the club floor for you ^
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:05 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
It costs also in the very low off peak weekend seaon over 100 € - at least. Indeed, it is a gold mine. - Are the rooms also made from gold? What does the hotel give you in return for the exorbitant prices? It is, after all, only Cologne.
1.) The Regency Club lounge has an unparalleled view to the Cathedral and the city. ^

2.) Some rooms are located really quiet, some rooms on the "train side" are a rip-off.

That is what Hyatt Cologne delivers....
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gum

2.) Some rooms are located really quiet, some rooms on the "train side" are a rip-off.

But that's the case with every hotel...

In my six stays here over the past 2 years, I've never been given a room on the train side or been denied any diamond benefit. I'm sure even as a regular non GP guest, you can ask for a more quiet room and if the hotel isn't full it won't be a problem.

Also, the minibar was free in the standard suite in Cologne as well, not just the bigger ones 2 years ago. I don't know if it has changed since. I also love the free vodka, whiskey and cognac in the big decanters I've had there in my last stay, I don't know if that was a standard suite or a view suite as it had a full on view of the cathedral but a double bedroom.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gum

Why are the rooms located on the train side a rip-off?

You cannot hear the trains ( severe speed limits on the bridge ) and you have a very nice river view down-stream.

Do you prefer a view of the courtyard?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FD1971
Why are the rooms located on the train side a rip-off?

You cannot hear the trains ( severe speed limits on the bridge ) and you have a very nice river view down-stream.

Do you prefer a view of the courtyard?
Unfortunately you can hear the trains, even on the rhine side. And when you are a bit sensible to noise this really can be a problem. But I never had a problem getting a quit room at the LVR side.
And on the rhine side the view is really great. But I really would avoid the rooms on the train side
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
Stayed here last week for 2 nights. Lovely property. 3 of us had 2 rooms booked by me. Room 1 was for my father and me, upgraded to a suite. I expected a basic suite, but ended up getting the "Gardinien Suite" on 5th floor - with great views of the Cathedral and open mini-bar. Sadly, we had been eating far too much heavy Germanic food and didn't even touch the mini-bar. Second room was booked for a friend who was upgraded to Club level as well. Club was excellent and club personnel extremely helpful and responsive. Ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night since we got in very late. It was good, competent, but not particularly inspired. The Meyer-Nakel Spatburgunder with dinner was surprisingly tasty though. Dad loved the suite and already is talking about going back. Only downside (for older people) is that the hotel location - opposite side of the Rhine from the cathedral and city center - while providing great views, is not convenient for accessing the same sites.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by leisure warrior
Stayed here last week for 2 nights. Lovely property. 3 of us had 2 rooms booked by me. Room 1 was for my father and me, upgraded to a suite. I expected a basic suite, but ended up getting the "Gardinien Suite" on 5th floor - with great views of the Cathedral and open mini-bar. Sadly, we had been eating far too much heavy Germanic food and didn't even touch the mini-bar. Second room was booked for a friend who was upgraded to Club level as well. Club was excellent and club personnel extremely helpful and responsive. Ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night since we got in very late. It was good, competent, but not particularly inspired. The Meyer-Nakel Spatburgunder with dinner was surprisingly tasty though. Dad loved the suite and already is talking about going back. Only downside (for older people) is that the hotel location - opposite side of the Rhine from the cathedral and city center - while providing great views, is not convenient for accessing the same sites.
Was the upgrade to a suite without a Diamond confirmable?
Just curious
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:59 am

Stayed with 6000 points in a suite. Here some pictures:

Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ency-koln.html

Club:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....cy-koln-2.html
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Good old Iris is one of the regular standard suites at the Regency Cologne with a view upstream towards the South. Nothing too special, basically a truly classic one bedroom suite featuring one of most iconic pieces of furniture ever made, a Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chair produced by Walter Knoll. ^
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:35 pm

Having a Barcelona chair in the room, feels like beeing at home ...

Originally Posted by FD1971
Good old Iris is one of the regular standard suites at the Regency Cologne with a view upstream towards the South. Nothing too special, basically a truly classic one bedroom suite featuring one of most iconic pieces of furniture ever made, a Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chair produced by Walter Knoll. ^
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here once about 2 years ago and liked it.

Back again, upgraded to a standard room, but with a nice view of the city.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:34 am

is the "iris-suite" a suite with view? i got a confirmend diamond suite a upgrade for the standard regency suite...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by cs1985
is the "iris-suite" a suite with view? i got a confirmend diamond suite a upgrade for the standard regency suite...
Partial city view. You can`t see the Kölner Dom.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
In 2011, stayed at this property for 3 nights in a room along the train tracks. Train noise was not a bother. Club is very nice.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Anyone planning to visit the hotel for Kölner Lichter? Interested in booking a BBQ to get a guaranteed table, but has a minimum order of 10. Cost is 55 euros per person including meats, salads, beer, wine soft drinks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.