FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cologne (Köln) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:26 pm
leisure warrior

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
Stayed here last week for 2 nights. Lovely property. 3 of us had 2 rooms booked by me. Room 1 was for my father and me, upgraded to a suite. I expected a basic suite, but ended up getting the "Gardinien Suite" on 5th floor - with great views of the Cathedral and open mini-bar. Sadly, we had been eating far too much heavy Germanic food and didn't even touch the mini-bar. Second room was booked for a friend who was upgraded to Club level as well. Club was excellent and club personnel extremely helpful and responsive. Ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night since we got in very late. It was good, competent, but not particularly inspired. The Meyer-Nakel Spatburgunder with dinner was surprisingly tasty though. Dad loved the suite and already is talking about going back. Only downside (for older people) is that the hotel location - opposite side of the Rhine from the cathedral and city center - while providing great views, is not convenient for accessing the same sites.