Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 3:16 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Most confusing promotion - why do they have some parts of the requirements as stays and some as nights? Why is part of it limited to certain cities (this was dumb last year, too)?

Whose internship project was "make confusing and over-engineered promotions for 2023?"
The limited part only applies to Hyatt CC holders
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
3000 points / 2 nights starting from second stay. Does this mean that you can have a stay of just one random night after Mar 20, then everything else after that counts towards the 3000?
Originally Posted by illico
My parents have multiple long stays within the period. That said they have a reservation from March 17 - 24. Would this count as a first stay?
Originally Posted by Visconti
Quick question. For the one night, would, say, checking in on the 19th and out on the 20th count? Or, must it be checking in after the 20th and out on the 21st? Thanks!
Originally Posted by tobikosan
So the first eligible stay can be a one night, not two night one? Also checkout on March 20?
The relevant FAQ for this number 9.

9. I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on March 19 with a checkout on March 20, 2023. Will the night count towards the promotion
Yes, Eligible Nights completed between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will count toward the promotion. This would count as the first stay needed to start earning. However, it will not earn Bonus Points.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Is there a list of the hotels eligible for the credit card bonus?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:23 pm

yes it's linked from the promo page on hyatt's site
Old Feb 21, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mmgm
Is there a list of the hotels eligible for the credit card bonus?
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/bo...ipating-hotels
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Most confusing promotion - why do they have some parts of the requirements as stays and some as nights? Why is part of it limited to certain cities (this was dumb last year, too)?

Whose internship project was "make confusing and over-engineered promotions for 2023?"
Good news - you can go stay at Marriott with their crap promotion and DEQN which only ensures continued mediocrity going forward. Winning!
Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:47 pm

Weird, mine showed I was already registered. Figured it was like most of you, but my dad who tried to register whom is NOT a globalist (no concierge) also says he's already registered.... How can we find out whether this is a glitch or not (and ultimately whether we'll receive the bonus pts)
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Good news - you can go stay at Marriott with their crap promotion and DEQN which only ensures continued mediocrity going forward. Winning!
At least there are some Marriott hotels to actually stay at that aren't HPs and HHs.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Not sure why you always respond to every point I make about Hyatt with something about Marriott. Frankly, they don't have anything to do with each other. Hyatt should stop over-engineering promotions with rules so convoluted and unclear that they have to make a FAQ with specific scenarios on how they would count stays/nights/cities - that has nothing to do with Marriott.

But, since you brought it up, yes, both Marriott and Hilton have somehow managed to run current promotions that aren't confusing with terms that were easily understood. Hyatt could do the same but chooses not to.
DELee likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:47 am

But, since you brought it up, yes, both Marriott and Hilton have somehow managed to run current promotions that aren't confusing with terms that were easily understood. Hyatt could do the same but chooses not to.
LOL...Hyatt promos are definitely more nuanced than what I'm used to, but that's what FT & FAQs are for, right?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:52 am

Anybody know if MGM stays are covered? I got a few of those coming up!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Anybody know if MGM stays are covered? I got a few of those coming up!
Yes. They have always been, at least the ones specified & participating, e.g., Ex, Lux, MGM G, PMGM, Bellagio, Aria, MBay, and associated suites, like Delano, Vdara, Nomad, etc.
SacTownGuy likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...Hyatt promos are definitely more nuanced than what I'm used to, but that's what FT & FAQs are for, right?
Sure, the nuance can be navigated by those who spend their time online and on FT. I spend most of my waking hours thinking about travel - it's my passion and hobby outside of video games. However, what about all of the other folks who don't read blogs, FT, etc? Those folks travel and spend money, and the point of promotions is to incentivize extra incremental travel spend to go to the offering company, correct?

If I'm a "normal" consumer, I'm either going to see this promotion, move some stays to Hyatt, and then end up pissed off when I don't get 3000 points every two nights (because a first stay is involved) and feel like Hyatt is trying to trick me with gotchas. Same thing for the limited list of cities for the CC part - who is going to memorize those?

OR
I'm a "normal" consumer who will just choose to ignore this promo because Hilton gives double points and Marriott gives double nights and I don't have the patience to deliberately move stays to Hyatt and constantly be double-checking city lists.

These promos they have been running recently seem like they are engineered to incentivize breakage. FTers might be able to get it, but normal consumers don't care enough. Normal consumers have money to spend - probably way more than someone like me does.
verfinder likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:17 am

These promos they have been running recently seem like they are engineered to incentivize breakage.
Ah, in my view, 59Impala makes a very good point where if Hyatt hadn't made a condition upon after the 2nd stay, how would they avoid the gaming, that would surely ensue, from participants merely booking stays and checking out on the 20th? So, in this case, it seems well thought out, at least to a layman such as myself.

As to the other little details, I'm with you, I suppose. Unless there's high stakes involved, I'm not about to read, even FAQs, and would rather just impose on the generosity of those kind souls taking the time to answer queries here on FT.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
At least there are some Marriott hotels to actually stay at that aren't HPs and HHs.

David
I concur - I have greatly enjoyed my stays at a Thompson and an HR so far this year, and look forward to upcoming ones at an Unbound and a Centric. Great diversity of brands!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.