Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I had a stay checking out on March 20th, and subsequently after that a 5 night stay which posted without the bonus points.

I went to reread the FAQ, and they appear to have changed point 9 such that a check out on March 20th no longer counts as the first stay?? That is poor.

Previous wording -
Originally Posted by tailorgiven
9. I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on March 19 with a checkout on March 20, 2023. Will the night count towards the promotion
Yes, Eligible Nights completed between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will count toward the promotion. This would count as the first stay needed to start earning. However, it will not earn Bonus Points.
New wording -
9. I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on March 19 with a checkout on March 21, 2023. Will the night count towards the promotion
Yes, Eligible Nights completed between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will count toward the promotion as the stay includes the night of March 20, which is within the stay period. This would count as the first stay needed to start earning. However, it will not earn Bonus Points.
kevino, invalyd and pronichkin like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
Originally Posted by gravii
I went to reread the FAQ, and they appear to have changed point 9 such that a check out on March 20th no longer counts as the first stay?? That is poor.
nooooooooooooooooo

they're cheating in their own game
kevino likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
They didn't change this wording in their FAQ yet:

Only stays with checkout dates after registration and between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will qualify.
pronichkin likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by gravii
I had a stay checking out on March 20th, and subsequently after that a 5 night stay which posted without the bonus points.

I read checkout on March 20 counting as first stay.

Reach out Twitter for your missing points.
pronichkin likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I had one stay last Friday and another stay Monday. Points from the stays have posted, but didn’t get the bonus yet. I remember previous promos credited right away. Hopefully they will retroactively show up
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I had one stay last Friday and another stay Monday. Points from the stays have posted, but didn’t get the bonus yet. I remember previous promos credited right away. Hopefully they will retroactively show up
were them both 1-night stay? The first one is not supposed to incur any bonus points. (Unless you're a Chase WoH cardholder), and the 2nd one should, but only in the chunks of two nights. So, if that was a one-night stay, you'll need at least one more night somewhere.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:30 pm

I had a stay checking out on the 20th followed by a 6 night stay. I reached out to my concierge for missing points and was instructed to wait 2-4 weeks.

18. When will Bonus Points appear in my account?
Please allow two to four weeks after checkout for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
pronichkin likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:32 pm

FWIW, Bing cache still has the old version of the FAQ if someone needs it.
kevino likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Reach out Twitter for your missing points.
ok, I did chat with the Twitter concierge team, and even tried to escalate to their manager. Unfortunately, they confirmed, and were very certain about it, that the change is the new rules, and they're not doing anything about it. We're not getting anything for stays completed on March 20. They made the point that Hyatt reserves the right to change any terms of any point, so further arguing seemed moot. It's just nitpicking from now on, and not a customer-friendly approach.

(I mean, of course they can change rules as they please, nothing could stop them for that. But I would appreciate it if they offered compensation to those affected. It's probably not a huge number of customers in the grand scheme of things.)

I just wrote a long and grumpy mail to [email protected] with all the details, quotes and links. I don't expect much at this point, but I would urge everyone affected to do the same. Do not wait for the points to magically post at some later point. Ping your concierges, or Twitter team, or just the feedback email. This is a very bad sign. Not only have I lost my $170 (which I hoped to get 9,000 points in return for) but I'm also losing my trust and hope in Hyatt. And if you feel the same, they should probably know about that.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by pronichkin
ok, I did chat with the Twitter concierge team, and even tried to escalate to their manager. Unfortunately, they confirmed, and were very certain about it, that the change is the new rules, and they're not doing anything about it. We're not getting anything for stays completed on March 20. They made the point that Hyatt reserves the right to change any terms of any point, so further arguing seemed moot. It's just nitpicking from now on, and not a customer-friendly approach.

(I mean, of course they can change rules as they please, nothing could stop them for that. But I would appreciate it if they offered compensation to those affected. It's probably not a huge number of customers in the grand scheme of things.)

I just wrote a long and grumpy mail to [email protected] with all the details, quotes and links. I don't expect much at this point, but I would urge everyone affected to do the same. Do not wait for the points to magically post at some later point. Ping your concierges, or Twitter team, or just the feedback email. This is a very bad sign. Not only have I lost my $170 (which I hoped to get 9,000 points in return for) but I'm also losing my trust and hope in Hyatt. And if you feel the same, they should probably know about that.
Hmmm, but that’s not what the terms state. Night of March 20 should clearly count. Are others experiencing same issue?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pronichkin
were them both 1-night stay? The first one is not supposed to incur any bonus points. (Unless you're a Chase WoH cardholder), and the 2nd one should, but only in the chunks of two nights. So, if that was a one-night stay, you'll need at least one more night somewhere.
They were both separate 1 night stays at different properties. Looks like I’ll need to wait a few weeks, but in the past, they would appear when the stay credited
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:11 pm

Hmmm, but that’s not what the terms state. Night of March 20 should clearly count. Are others experiencing same issue?
terms changed… (actually I don’t know if the terms changed but the cited FAQ definitely changed)

night of march 20 should count because night of march 20 means checkout on the 21st…
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
They were both separate 1 night stays at different properties. Looks like I’ll need to wait a few weeks, but in the past, they would appear when the stay credited
This promotion is different in the sense that it requires (a) at least two stays, whereas the first one does not count for bonus points, it but does play the role of “trigger” for the points for the subsequent stays. (Without the first stay, the next one would not incur any extra points either.) And (b) it requires chunks of two nights each, starting from the 2nd stay. (The first “triggering” stay can be one night, but it does not count to the two-nights chunks.)

Therefore
  • Your first stay/night will not incur any extra bonus points. (Unless you have Chase WoH credit card which is a separate portion of the promotion which does not require a first stay.)
  • Your second stay/night will incur extra bonus points, but only as long as you'll add another night (via a third stay in your case), so there's a two-nights batch. Once you have two nights, besides the first stay, you'll get the extra bonus points.
Chukiechz likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
terms changed… (actually I don’t know if the terms changed but the cited FAQ definitely changed)

night of march 20 should count because night of march 20 means checkout on the 21st…
The original FAQ 9) was confusing and contradictory. The revised FAQ 9) is clear. Regardless, night of March 20 should count and both versions of the FAQ confirm that.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:25 pm

The original FAQ 9) was confusing and contradictory. The revised FAQ 9) is clear. Regardless, night of March 20 should count and both versions of the FAQ confirm that.
the revised faq says night of march 20 will count. Night of the 20th means a checkout on the 21st.

Previously checkout on march 20 counted per the original FAQ but now doesn’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.