Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2023 Global promotion - 3k points for 2 nights starting with 2nd stay (ended)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: Nectar Card
I have a few back-to-back stays at the same property, but it's also my first stay in the promo period. Since back-to-back apparently counts as one-stay, would it be sufficient to delete a random night so that the rest of the stays count?

For example, how it is now: Stay 1 (Day 1); Stay 2 (Day 2); Stay 3 (Day 3, 4, 5)
How I propose changing it: Stay 1 (Day 1); [One Calendar Day at a non-Hyatt (Day 2)]; Stay 2 (Day 3, 4, 5)

The goal is for Stay 2 and everything beyond it, to accrue bonus points. Under the existing setup, none of the three stays receive any.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:58 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
I have a few back-to-back stays at the same property, but it's also my first stay in the promo period. Since back-to-back apparently counts as one-stay, would it be sufficient to delete a random night so that the rest of the stays count?

For example, how it is now: Stay 1 (Day 1); Stay 2 (Day 2); Stay 3 (Day 3, 4, 5)
How I propose changing it: Stay 1 (Day 1); [One Calendar Day at a non-Hyatt (Day 2)]; Stay 2 (Day 3, 4, 5)

The goal is for Stay 2 and everything beyond it, to accrue bonus points. Under the existing setup, none of the three stays receive any.
the current setup will count as one stay and as the first stay during the promo, you will not get points.. your proposed change will work.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Day 2 doesn't even need to be a non-Hyatt. It could be another Hyatt as long as it's not the same one you're at for the other days.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:40 pm

Or do Stay 1 at a different Hyatt, and then Days 2 and 3,4,5 would count as 4 days within the promo, i.e. 2x bonus award.

I did similar; originally had a 4-night stay in one Hyatt, followed by 3 stays in a 2nd.
Once the promotion was announced, I split it up into
Night 1 : Hotel A (an airport Cat 1, to qualify)
Nights 2,3,4 : Hotel B
Nights 5,6,7 : Hotel C

I expect the last 6 nights to accrue bonus.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:22 pm

There have been some issues with mgm being slow to register stays with hyatt.

Let's say I stay one night in an mgm property and then 4 nights in a hyatt property.

But the mgm night posts after the hyatt stay posts.

Would I still get the 6K points for the hyatt stay?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avogadro
There have been some issues with mgm being slow to register stays with hyatt.

Let's say I stay one night in an mgm property and then 4 nights in a hyatt property.

But the mgm night posts after the hyatt stay posts.

Would I still get the 6K points for the hyatt stay?
slow posting but never had issues getting the bonus points from the Jan promo with my Excalibur stays.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:57 pm

Yes, but will the order I stayed be preserved?

Will the mgm night be the first stay and I get 6k for the four night Hyatt stay.

Or will the Hyatt stay be first because it was reported first and I'll only get 1.5k points for the one night at mgm
Old Mar 18, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avogadro
Yes, but will the order I stayed be preserved?

Will the mgm night be the first stay and I get 6k for the four night Hyatt stay.

Or will the Hyatt stay be first because it was reported first and I'll only get 1.5k points for the one night at mgm
First it’s either 3k or nothing there is no 1.5k for 1 night lol.

Second the order of stays is preserved meaning MGM even if it posts late will count as the first stay.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Weird one...

I checked out yesterday from a 2-night stay. Credited today.

However... my stay triggered bonus points from the promo that ended on March 19th. There's no reason it should have - it was just a simple 2-night stay at the same hotel that checked out after the prior promo had ended.

Now I'm stuck wondering if that stay will count as Stay 1 for this promo, as intended...
Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have a stay from May 24-29th at a hotel that is participating in this promo. Does this mean that I have to check out on the 26th and go stay somewhere else to get those last 3000 pts? Or would the 24,25 count as two nights and I would get credit for those nights? I'm not sure moving hotels is worth my time.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lalala
I have a stay from May 24-29th at a hotel that is participating in this promo. Does this mean that I have to check out on the 26th and go stay somewhere else to get those last 3000 pts? Or would the 24,25 count as two nights and I would get credit for those nights? I'm not sure moving hotels is worth my time.
That all looks like one stay - presumably your first - which means no bonus points at all.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by craigthemif
That all looks like one stay - presumably your first - which means no bonus points at all.
Its definitely not worth moving to the Andaz for one night and pay 5-8K more in points to get 3.5K in points. I'll be happy to add those five nights towards GLOB.

It may however, be worth one night at the crappy Tempe Hyatt Place for 8k in points to initiate the promo before my several other stays during the period. I dunno.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt glob, KLM/AirFrance plat
yep, that's what I ended up doing. I have a six-nights stay coming, which in theory could bring me 9K points if I could take advantage of this promotion. I figured, if I stayed a night in a cheap hotel in my home city, I would spend ~$170 and would earn another ~1,000 points. Plus a night towards next year's status—which, in my book, is worth another thousand points long term. I rarely get less than two cents per point, so 11K points can be at least $220. So, it does make sense after all. Even though I'm not winning a huge deal here, I still enjoy the feeling of gaming the system, so I was down for this little adventure.

In the other hand it means that Hyatt earned another $140 from me out of absolutely nothing, so not sure who's gaming who

Last edited by pronichkin; Mar 21, 2023 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 21, 2023, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by pronichkin
yep, that's what I ended up doing. I have a six-nights stay coming, which in theory could bring me 9K points if I could take advantage of this promotion. I figured, if I stayed a night in a cheap hotel in my home city, I would spend ~$170 and would earn another ~1,000 points. Plus a night towards next year's status—which, in my book, is worth another thousand points long term. I rarely get less than two cents per point, so 11K points can be at least $220. So, it does make sense after all. Even though I'm not winning a huge deal here, I still enjoy the feeling of gaming the system, so I was down for this little adventure.

In the other hand it means that Hyatt earned another $140 from me out of absolutely nothing, so not sure who's gaming who
Yah, in Seattle it is nearly impossible to win with Hyatt. The prices are ridiculous most of the year. I'll need to do the math.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lalala
Yes, you must check out on the 26th.

From the Hyatt FAQ for the promotion -
only Eligible Nights on stays completed between March 20 and May 26, 2023, will count toward the promotion”.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-journeys.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.