Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpvalley
For the current AA / hyatt challenge, do reservations made before registration but completed during the trial period count?

Or in other words, should I make a reservation now, and then register for the promotion the day before checking in, in order to maximize the trial period?

I couldn't see anything about it either way in the T&Cs
Yes. Registration is quite fast. Maximise the trial period, and if you are planning on doing 20 nights, doing most of them in 2024 gives you a great head start on renewing Globalist.
jpvalley likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes. Registration is quite fast. Maximise the trial period, and if you are planning on doing 20 nights, doing most of them in 2024 gives you a great head start on renewing Globalist.
Thank you.

After looking more closely, the email from AA says 10QN for explorist and 20QN for globalist (I have AA plat pro). However, when I click through to the registration page (still haven't registered) the language on the hyatt-hosted page only says 10QN for explorist and doesn't say anything for globalist.

Am I out of luck? Is the AA email wrong?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:43 pm

Same thing for me. I'm plat pro and don't see anything about globalist, just explorist. Anyone know if I just do 20 nts, will I get globalist?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpvalley
Thank you.

After looking more closely, the email from AA says 10QN for explorist and 20QN for globalist (I have AA plat pro). However, when I click through to the registration page (still haven't registered) the language on the hyatt-hosted page only says 10QN for explorist and doesn't say anything for globalist.

Am I out of luck? Is the AA email wrong?
Originally Posted by lyst
Same thing for me. I'm plat pro and don't see anything about globalist, just explorist. Anyone know if I just do 20 nts, will I get globalist?
20 night globalist through AA

A concierge told me yes.

It seems like there are 2 offers (one for AA Gold and Plat, and one for Plat Pro and EXP). The higher level one has the 20 nights for globalist, and the lower one does not.

For some reason it looks like both Hyatt landing pages have the terms of the lower promo.

But all I know for sure is that a concierge confirmed to me that I would maintain globalist with 20 nights, even though there was nothing about that in the terms on the Hyatt landing page. The rest of it is just me guessing.

Personally, if it's important to you, I would get written confirmation from Hyatt after you enroll. The fact that I got written confirmation is unlikely to help you if there's a problem. Also if enough people bring it up maybe they will fix the landing page. I suggest including screenshots of both the AA promo and the Hyatt page to highlight the discrepancy.
jpvalley likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:59 pm

Corporate Challenge

Corporate Challenge

Hi I activated corporate challenge on Oct 24th. It says I have 90 days to complete 20 nights for globalist. I just chatted with customer service and he told me all nights reset 12/31 so i’d have to do 20 by 12/31 or they reset. Problem is I have some stays this years (starting tonight) some next year (check out 01/20) and this combined would put me exactly at 20. Do I need to do mattress runs in 01/2024 to make up the 3 nights I have in 2023? I think the rep was misinformed and wanted to hear from people who have done challenges before. Thank you.

From Rep:
”It looks like this one's terms is

"Upon registration, members receive Trial Explorist status for 90 days" so it activated as soon as you registered. Now, despite it being a 90 day trial, our overarching terms and conditions do trump the terms and conditions of any promotions.

Per our terms, your qualifying nights reset every calendar year (January 1st-December 31st) so you have until December 31st to get your final night in. If you check out on January 1st, all of the nights on that stay will count toward the new year.”

Bonus question: when applying for my World of Hyatt Personal Credit card i accidentally copy and pasted an airline confirmation number as member ID and that is what came printed on my card. Hyatt rep says contact chase to correct and no duplicate account created. From what i read here chase can’t do anything it has to be Hyatt that links the card to my WOH account. Any advice?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
The rep is wrong about the first. You have 90 days to stay 20 nights to get Globalist. But any nights you stay in 2023 will reset to zero on Jan. 1, so you'll need 60 nights in 2024 to re-qualify for 2025. That's standard.

Call Chase re: the credit card, and then make sure points start posting to your Hyatt account properly after your next statement.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:19 pm

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure, So my 3 nights this year and 17 in 01/24 before my 90 day expiration will get me globalist, but only 17 will count towards the 60 needed to maintain globalist status for 2025?

I asked on reddit too and people are saying the 3 in 2023 won’t count towards corporate challenge which would suck cause these 3 are a mattress run the 17 next year are organic, i’d do 3 more next year but no time before challenge ends lol.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Cladbolg
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure, So my 3 nights this year and 17 in 01/24 before my 90 day expiration will get me globalist, but only 17 will count towards the 60 needed to maintain globalist status for 2025?

I asked on reddit too and people are saying the 3 in 2023 won’t count towards corporate challenge which would suck cause these 3 are a mattress run the 17 next year are organic, i’d do 3 more next year but no time before challenge ends lol.
I've never heard of a hotel or airline status challenge being broken up by Jan. 1. It would make no sense.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cladbolg

Reddit? I'm surprised you weren't told that you need 49 nights total.

You need 20 nights for your challenge before the 90-day deadline. It doesn't matter whether they fall in 2023 or 2024. (no credit card nights count FWIW)

Those nights that include a check-out date in 2024 will also count for your requalification (60 nights) and other milestones.

If you have a long stay that crosses over New Years Eve and checks out in 2024, all of the nights will count in 2024.

Don't worry, I did basically the same thing in 2022/2023.

(so if you need to do 3 mattress run nights in 2023 because you can only manage 17 nights in 2024 before the deadline, then that's what you do...)
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Fast track offer FOR CERTAIN BUSINESSES https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

With this special offer, you can experience the benefits of Explorist status for 90 days without having to qualify (normally requires 30 qualifying nights in a calendar year). Keep it even longer, through February 2026, when you stay 10 qualifying nights during those 90 days.

Hat tip to Loyalty Lobby who posted about this on their blog: https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/01/11/...4/?omhide=true
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Does anyone know if an ongoing reservation will quality for the fast track offer? or should the check-in date be after sign up? Because the terms only mentioned check-out date.
pitching51 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Fast track offer FOR CERTAIN BUSINESSES https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

With this special offer, you can experience the benefits of Explorist status for 90 days without having to qualify (normally requires 30 qualifying nights in a calendar year). Keep it even longer, through February 2026, when you stay 10 qualifying nights during those 90 days.

Hat tip to Loyalty Lobby who posted about this on their blog: https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/01/11/...4/?omhide=true
Keep status until 2026? So two whole years? Is there a list of companies that qualifies? I don't want to register just yet even if I do.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:44 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Previous "corporate challenges" (they seem to be offered annually) are discussed in the thread below. As this thread is for announcements only, this latest iteration should also be discussed in that thread.

New Hyatt Globalist status challenge (open to everyone) - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Jan 14, 2024, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by pichalite
Does anyone know if an ongoing reservation will quality for the fast track offer? or should the check-in date be after sign up? Because the terms only mentioned check-out date.
Existing reservations will work, as long as you check out by the deadline.
pichalite likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry

Yeah, I so misread this, and only saw the "complete by end of January" part to get the Feb shot at Globalist and blew it. Guess I'll wait til next year... maybe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.