Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:25 pm

Meant Ten-thousand dollars at HYATT HOTELS within 90 days.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Hilton seems to be currently offering base points (to qualify for current status and lifetime status) for points earned with their credit cards.

Base Points using Hilton Amex?
Apologizes if my post was ambiguous. I meant $10,000 spent at hotels say in 90 days-- half of the $20K normally required)
And also that one could make it Globalist via Nights OR hotel spend.
Akin to the olden days when one could get Airline elite status via BIS miles OR segments..
There has been vast wealth that has been created since the 2008 financial crisis.
And the wealth is vertica also and just not horizontal.
There are more wealthy people than suites at Park Hyatt Sydney , St. Kitts Park Hyatt and similar high end properties.
I think think that these high-end properties actually have suites booked at full boat.
From ( albeit LIMITED) personal experience, I don't think that I have ever booked a Hyatt property without being offered via the App , well ahead of time. the option to pay for a suite.
Why wouldn't the property want incremental revenue instead of SUA's..
Years ago , I routinely locked Hilton Diamond via $40K annual spend on Surpass. And a couple of those same years I also had 100,000 base points ( $10 K annual spend at hotels). But I never got close to $20K spend at hotels. ( The amount required by Hyatt)
But anyway , I am by far from either a Hyatt or Globalist expert.
Hilton has been my long-term "go-to".
I'm just speaking from what I have read.
I had the unsolicited (due to Hyatt -AA partnership) targeted .offer-of instant Explorist and 10 nights of 10 nights to keep Explorist and 20 nights to obtain Globalist.
Like any Flyertalker , I thought long and hard about doing the 20 nights lol
But I considered that if I only got 8 nights organically ( from a preexisting booking no less) and 2 nights manufactured , that I'd never get 60 nights to maintain it.
As it was most of the 10 additional nights to get Globalist would have non-organic,

Hyatt was a valuable currency , less so today due to devaluations.
I can see why people with 35 nights would use Hyatt credit card to boost towards the 60 nights required.
But , for me , there is a lost opportunity cost earning Hyatt points over Chase UR with bonus categories.
With Ultimate Rewards, , It's not a "closed eco-system". --- a lot of flexibility. And one can always convert UR to WOH at par
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:36 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by writetorich
Apologizes if my post was ambiguous. I meant $10,000 spent at hotels say in 90 days-- half of the $20K normally required)
And also that one could make it Globalist via Nights OR hotel spend.
Akin to the olden days when one could get Airline elite status via BIS miles OR segments..
There has been vast wealth that has been created since the 2008 financial crisis.
And the wealth is vertica also and just not horizontal.
There are more wealthy people than suites at Park Hyatt Sydney , St. Kitts Park Hyatt and similar high end properties.
I think think that these high-end properties actually have suites booked at full boat.
From ( albeit LIMITED) personal experience, I don't think that I have ever booked a Hyatt property without being offered via the App , well ahead of time. the option to pay for a suite.
Why wouldn't the property want incremental revenue instead of SUA's..
Years ago , I routinely locked Hilton Diamond via $40K annual spend on Surpass. And a couple of those same years I also had 100,000 base points ( $10 K annual spend at hotels). But I never got close to $20K spend at hotels. ( The amount required by Hyatt)
But anyway , I am by far from either a Hyatt or Globalist expert.
Hilton has been my long-term "go-to".
I'm just speaking from what I have read.
I had the unsolicited (due to Hyatt -AA partnership) targeted .offer-of instant Explorist and 10 nights of 10 nights to keep Explorist and 20 nights to obtain Globalist.
Like any Flyertalker , I thought long and hard about doing the 20 nights lol
But I considered that if I only got 8 nights organically ( from a preexisting booking no less) and 2 nights manufactured , that I'd never get 60 nights to maintain it.
As it was most of the 10 additional nights to get Globalist would have non-organic,

Hyatt was a valuable currency , less so today due to devaluations.
I can see why people with 35 nights would use Hyatt credit card to boost towards the 60 nights required.
But , for me , there is a lost opportunity cost earning Hyatt points over Chase UR with bonus categories.
With Ultimate Rewards, , It's not a "closed eco-system". --- a lot of flexibility. And one can always convert UR to WOH at par
PH SYD Suites are never offered for upgrade and require a two night minimum stay, I assume to prevent parties.

While I have booked the Rooftop Suite, they are not booked often except when major celebs are in town as the hotels has contracts with Universal, Sony, Paramount etc and security is much easier due to the number of rooms.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Bilt Challenge

Does anyone know if we book MGM hotels on MGM website (not Hyatt.com), will the stay qualify for the 20-day globalist challenge?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by ktjan
Does anyone know if we book MGM hotels on MGM website (not Hyatt.com), will the stay qualify for the 20-day globalist challenge?
"Yes, qualifying nights (paid nights or World of Hyatt award nights) at MGM and SLH properties count."

source: https://frequentmiler.com/hyatt-glob...-for-rent-day/
Old Sep 20, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
If I finish my Globalist challenge 20th night on 6th Jan 2024, for how long will I have Globalist status? Feb 2025 or 2026?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
If I finish my Globalist challenge 20th night on 6th Jan 2024, for how long will I have Globalist status? Feb 2025 or 2026?
The AA one specifies Feb 2025. If you enrolled in a different one, look at the terms.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Richey66
Originally Posted by Trouvaille
The AA one specifies Feb 2025. If you enrolled in a different one, look at the terms.
February 2025.

However, if you time your challenge to have most or all of the 20 nights fall into 2024, then you are 1/3 of the way to a renewal...
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Trouvaille
It states 2025, however Hyatt's IT is likely to extend anything past 1 Jan to 2026. I believe, but maybe someone can confirm, this is what happened with previous challenges that had final qualifying nights in the next calendar year?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It states 2025, however Hyatt's IT is likely to extend anything past 1 Jan to 2026. I believe, but maybe someone can confirm, this is what happened with previous challenges that had final qualifying nights in the next calendar year?
No. You're thinking about Hilton or something.

As I hinted at above, I did all of my 20 nights in early 2023, and my Globalist status was extended until February 2024. But those 20 nights made it easy to hit 60 in 2023....
Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:59 am

Are there any corp challenges out there currently that allow enrolling past Nov 15? I only have access to the Founders Card and wondering if I should enroll by then or wait until the next challenge to secure until Feb 2026. The risk being there may not come a new challenge until later next year?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by neal11
Are there any corp challenges out there currently that allow enrolling past Nov 15? I only have access to the Founders Card and wondering if I should enroll by then or wait until the next challenge to secure until Feb 2026. The risk being there may not come a new challenge until later next year?
Hyatt rarely, if ever, offers challenges late in the year, to prevent exactly that.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by js1993
Hyatt rarely, if ever, offers challenges late in the year, to prevent exactly that.
What about early next year, though? As this year the Bilt challenge started in Feb so I'll be fine to wait until then as well. Just don't want to have to wait until July or something.

Sounds like maybe my best best is to just sign up for the current challenge as late as possible (Nov 16) and try to do most nights next year and then hit 60 next year to renew again.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by neal11
What about early next year, though? As this year the Bilt challenge started in Feb so I'll be fine to wait until then as well. Just don't want to have to wait until July or something.

Sounds like maybe my best best is to just sign up for the current challenge as late as possible (Nov 16) and try to do most nights next year and then hit 60 next year to renew again.
I wouldn't count on the Bilt promo being an annual thing. Historically, Hyatt challenges have been in Q3 or early Q4.
notquiteaff and neal11 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:02 am

For the current AA / hyatt challenge, do reservations made before registration but completed during the trial period count?

Or in other words, should I make a reservation now, and then register for the promotion the day before checking in, in order to maximize the trial period?

I couldn't see anything about it either way in the T&Cs
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by jpvalley
Or in other words, should I make a reservation now, and then register for the promotion the day before checking in, in order to maximize the trial period?
Yes.
jpvalley likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.