Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by JetAway
With all of these different challenges I’m guessing Hyatt is having trouble refilling the Globalist ranks. They’re running more challenges than any other chain (or airline).
None are open to the public, though, are they? Quick Qualify is mostly for Globalist retention and the others are the same corporate and AA challenges Hyatt has been offering for years.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by js1993
None are open to the public, though, are they? Quick Qualify is mostly for Globalist retention and the others are the same corporate and AA challenges Hyatt has been offering for years.
No, not the general public. No reason to target them. But for true frequent travelers, there are lots of avenues.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
With all of these different challenges I’m guessing Hyatt is having trouble refilling the Globalist ranks. They’re running more challenges than any other chain (or airline).
Just because they’re running them doesn’t mean people can enroll in them.

The AA to Globalist Challenge requires Platinum Pro status, anything below only challenges to Explorist.

The Quick Qualify many have stated they’ve been denied enrollment.

The corporate challenge is only for employees of a handful of companies.

I would say Hyatt lost many many Globalists because of the pandemic, and these were people staying 60 nights or spending 100k a year every year for several years. This was a large cut and especially hurtful to their planned expansions.

On top of that they currently have thousands if not 10,000+ Globalist lites from the Globalist rush of 2021 where in Q1 you could attain it insanely easily.

Those are dying out, but they want to keep quality Globalists so whoever fits into their parameters they likely see as qualifying for Globalist on their on from 2023 and beyond.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Right, and still no status matches, so Hyatt can't be that desperate.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Right, and still no status matches, so Hyatt can't be that desperate.
I never said Hyatt was desperate I said they want to retain select groups of frequent travelers likely pre 2020 Globalists, along with that offering challenges to AA Plat Pro which would be assumed they are frequent travelers and some corporate employees.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I never said Hyatt was desperate I said they want to retain select groups of frequent travelers likely pre 2020 Globalists, along with that offering challenges to AA Plat Pro which would be assumed they are frequent travelers and some corporate employees.
I was agreeing with you. Somebody earlier made it sound like Hyatt might be desperate.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:21 pm

Update: I called again and was rejected again. This time the first representative elevated my case to another representative so it seems like it's not happening for me.

I'm a globalist lite (30 nights last year but not from double night promos) but due to the changes to the Bonvoy Brilliant decided it's time to stop pursuing Marriott Titanium and switch elite nights to Hyatt Globalist.
I guess after I drop to Explorist next year, I may do some cheap Vegas runs or prioritize Hyatt Place and House over Regency and Grand till I get my status back. It's not the end of the world since I do have Club Access Awards from this year and will earn some along the way.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by randomasian
Update: I called again and was rejected again. This time the first representative elevated my case to another representative so it seems like it's not happening for me.

I'm a globalist lite (30 nights last year but not from double night promos) but due to the changes to the Bonvoy Brilliant decided it's time to stop pursuing Marriott Titanium and switch elite nights to Hyatt Globalist.
I guess after I drop to Explorist next year, I may do some cheap Vegas runs or prioritize Hyatt Place and House over Regency and Grand till I get my status back. It's not the end of the world since I do have Club Access Awards from this year and will earn some along the way.
The year isn’t done yet anything could happen especially with other brands just announcing crazy promos.

Hilton for example is running -

2k Bonus Point per stay if you checkout Monday-Friday (even 1 night stays count)

Which also stacks with the 2x promo they’re running.

Which also stacks with the Double EQN’s just announced.

Which also stacks with Rollover Nights.

Which also stacks with reduced requirements.

You never really know.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:40 am

Can you use the corporate challenge to get Globalist till Feb 2025?

Current Globalist till 2/24.
The offer states till 2/24 but wondering if folks think you can use the corporate challenge to get Globalist till Feb 2025?
Do the 20 days in Jan and Feb within the 90 days and since that is in '23 it gives globalist light till 2/25
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by chileaquiles
The offer states till 2/24 but wondering if folks think you can use the corporate challenge to get Globalist till Feb 2025?
Do the 20 days in Jan and Feb within the 90 days and since that is in '23 it gives globalist light till 2/25
No.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I actually believe that given Hyatt’s IT, anyone completing their final night post 1 Jan will get status to 2/25.

We won’t know for sure until someone confirms it worked, but I suspect it will.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I actually believe that given Hyatt’s IT, anyone completing their final night post 1 Jan will get status to 2/25.

We won’t know for sure until someone confirms it worked, but I suspect it will.
This isn't the first time challenges ran past Jan. 1.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Thanks for that info. I just clicked on the link from AA's web site ("sign up by November 30th") and created an account (I had none with Hyatt since I usually stay at Hilton properties for both business and personal travel.) My new account says "Member" even though Explorist status was indicated from AA, and their "More Info" link is just a link to the page where you link your accounts together. I figured something wasn't working right in the promotion, but from what you're describing, it sounds like it just won't apply until I spend at least one night on a Hyatt property -- and even then, only for a short period of time.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:32 pm

This is my first post so still learning the basics of posting. Just want to share that I was able to get approved for a non-globalist Quick Qualify yesterday late afternoon by calling in. The agent that answered she said she had to put me on hold to get more info. The next thing I knew a different person introduced herself as the agent’s supervisor. I basically explained again that I was interested to qualify for Globalist though only a Discoverist now. I think mentioning my status with other hotels and being enthusiastic helped my chances. I also said that I have a lot of stays coming up and would love the chance to become a Globalist and she approved it. She said I had to stay 20 nights prior to the end of Feb 2023. I asked if I would get an email confirmation and she said she wasn’t sure. I still haven’t received a confirmation but was able to confirm that it is noted on my account. I was pleasantly surprised as I did not expect to get approved, so for anyone still interested it may be worth trying.
js1993 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Just wondering if one completes the challenge in 2023 rather than in 2022, would one be considered a Globalist "Light" if we are Globalist until 2023?

Is there a real distinction at Hyatt's end - or when one is staying at a Hyatt? (Lower service level than a fully-requalified Globalist?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.