Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by craz
they may not want to say which on a public forum,and understandably.
I said that in a very polite post that seems to have been deleted.

Not saying making things up but its hard to believe they stay at only 2 Hyatts and both are closed and have been for the whole year, thou its possible. and there arent any Hyatts in any other location where they have clients or go for leisure
I never said I "stay at only 2 Hyatts." Not sure why you keep making things up. As for the rest, if I had long-term stays in other locations, I wouldn't have a problem.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by js1993
I said that in a very polite post that seems to have been deleted.

I never said I "stay at only 2 Hyatts." Not sure why you keep making things up. As for the rest, if I had long-term stays in other locations, I wouldn't have a problem.

well its pretty much what you implied, I know Im making things up in my mind. Look you decided what you did for whatever reason you did, no different then I did or anyone else did. Could be you thought Hyatt would simply extend Status and stayed elsewhere for whatever reason or even if you stayed at Hyatts still wouldnt have gotten to 30 night.

Just saying from adding 1+1 together its hard to see how if a person travels on a reg basis in '21 they couldnt do 30 nights. You gambled and lost just as I did with IHG where I thought theyd again extend the cert from '20 and they didnt and the email they sent out I misread which stated the '21 cert will be extended and had to settle for 25K when for sure I could have used it and gotten more value then what the 25K will get me. I chalk it up to some I win and some I lose But I didnt have any rev spend in '21 with IHG either.

If you had 150 paid nights year after year for at least a decade as you said I find it hard to believe that Hyatt wouldnt throw you a bone especially when they check your acct and can see the 100s of nights you booked but couldnt stay due to the hotel remaining closed
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
well its pretty much what you implied, I know Im making things up in my mind. Look you decided what you did for whatever reason you did, no different then I did or anyone else did. Could be you thought Hyatt would simply extend Status and stayed elsewhere for whatever reason or even if you stayed at Hyatts still wouldnt have gotten to 30 night.

Just saying from adding 1+1 together its hard to see how if a person travels on a reg basis in '21 they couldnt do 30 nights. You gambled and lost just as I did with IHG where I thought theyd again extend the cert from '20 and they didnt and the email they sent out I misread which stated the '21 cert will be extended and had to settle for 25K when for sure I could have used it and gotten more value then what the 25K will get me. I chalk it up to some I win and some I lose But I didnt have any rev spend in '21 with IHG either.

If you had 150 paid nights year after year for at least a decade as you said I find it hard to believe that Hyatt wouldnt throw you a bone especially when they check your acct and can see the 100s of nights you booked but couldnt stay due to the hotel remaining closed
I explained it 10 times. My clients are where they are, and 2021 was a lousy year to spend an additional month on the road in some other city(ies).

"If you spent 100 nights in Locations X and Y, you could have also spent 30 nights in Z" is a ridiculous argument.

As I said in the beginning, it's nothing but silly status gate-keeping.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:39 pm
SST

Hyatt’s CSR refused to extend or provide points for my wife’s 2 “free nights at a Cheap Hyatt”, and blamed it on Chase. Well, screw Chase too, then. But this is Hyatt’s program, and we now know where we stand versus Marriott and Hilton. These programs are here to promote brand loyalty, and these cheapsters just lost hers. I’m a Globalist and they handed me 10,000 points for mine, but apparently they don’t give a damn about my spouse. Thanks, Hyatt.
js1993 and Planarblight like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:45 pm
Suspended

I explained it 10 times. My clients are where they are, and 2021 was a lousy year to spend an additional month on the road in some other city(ies).

"If you spent 100 nights in Locations X and Y, you could have also spent 30 nights in Z" is a ridiculous argument.

Nope you're the one who said that you stay in more places then the 2 with the closed Hyatts not me, so I asked if those other places you went to had Hyatts and you never said either way. from your posts at times you inferred that you only go to those 2 places for your clients where you stay in 2 Hyatts (I guess each place has but 1 Hyatt) And in other posts you inferred you travel extensively but didnt stay in Hyatts there even if there were any

Maybe 1 day you will post what your exact circumstances are besides feeling that due to past stays (Spend) that Hyatt should have extended your status, since other chains did exactly that as well as the carriers. But till you are willing to spell things out Im putting a fork into this thing, since I just cant believe that Hyatt wouldnt throw you a bone if what you said is true and had 100-150 rev nights a year for at least a decade. And yet you wont FIRE Hyatt, just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver

From Hyatt perspective, they had already done several customer friendly initiatives to help meet the elite status in this times of madness (from reducing requirement in half, double night credit, etc.).

It would be nice for all of us if Hyatt just extend everyone status yet again ala Hilton, but that's not the case and they have drawn the line. It's up to the customer to decides whether it's worth it or not, and you decided it's not worth it. As simple as that.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:03 pm

There's no way race/ethnicity is a factor here. Hyatt isn't going to open itself to massively negative press and a potential multimillion-dollar lawsuit/fine over some points.
I don't know the original context, but I think there are some obvious logical fallacies here.
Firstly, companies aren't racist because they don't want negative press? I guess in US history there were no companies doing anything racist then, because they obviously didn't want the bad publicity.
Secondly, companies or people aren't racist because it is silly to be racist over such a little thing. Uh-huh. People are only ever racist if it is something big. Like where someone can go to the bathroom. Or where your kids go to school.
Thirdly, is your premise that there is no such thing as racism? If so, you should put it out there! You would have many people supporting you! As for me, from my experience if someone believes racism doesn't exist they will never be able to see it even if it hits them in the face (rather, if it hits someone else in the face).
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Ugg. I emailed my concierge about my expiring club awards and suite upgrade awards indicating that I knew people that were offered 3k per club award. The response I got back:

I hope you are well and having a great day. World of Hyatt authorized 500 points per club access award, so a total of 2k points have been added for the club access awards. Another good thing for Globalists though, is that you guys actually do not need club access awards, as Globalists automatically receive club access with their status & if there is no club lounge available Globalists get free breakfast at the restaurant's hotel. As for the suite upgrade awards, if a member has 1-3 of them, World of Hyatt is allowing extension of one, so a new suite upgrade award expiring Feb 29, 2024 has been added to your account.
So I got one suite upgrade extended (I see an expiration date of 2/2024 in my account) and a measly 2k points for my club awards which they essentially say are worthless to me anyways. I guess I have to push back on the points. Have others gotten more than one suite upgrade extended?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:18 pm

Nope you're the one who said that you stay in more places then the 2 with the closed Hyatts not me, so I asked if those other places you went to had Hyatts and you never said either way. from your posts at times you inferred that you only go to those 2 places for your clients where you stay in 2 Hyatts (I guess each place has but 1 Hyatt) And in other posts you inferred you travel extensively but didnt stay in Hyatts there even if there were any

Maybe 1 day you will post what your exact circumstances are besides feeling that due to past stays (Spend) that Hyatt should have extended your status, since other chains did exactly that as well as the carriers. But till you are willing to spell things out Im putting a fork into this thing, since I just cant believe that Hyatt wouldnt throw you a bone if what you said is true and had 100-150 rev nights a year for at least a decade. And yet you wont FIRE Hyatt, just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever
Seriously, which part don't you understand? I spend long periods in Locations X and Y for work, and the Hyatts are still closed in both. The fact that I spend a few days in other cities doesn't logically mean I could or should have spent 30 nights in other cities, on top of my work travel. Not sure why you've posted thousands upon thousands of words in reply if you don't grasp the basics here.

Originally Posted by granstagna
From Hyatt perspective, they had already done several customer friendly initiatives to help meet the elite status in this times of madness (from reducing requirement in half, double night credit, etc.).

It would be nice for all of us if Hyatt just extend everyone status yet again ala Hilton, but that's not the case and they have drawn the line. It's up to the customer to decides whether it's worth it or not, and you decided it's not worth it. As simple as that.
There's no "yet again" here. I re-qualified for 2021 on, I believe, March 1, 2020.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I don't know the original context, but I think there are some obvious logical fallacies here.
Firstly, companies aren't racist because they don't want negative press? I guess in US history there were no companies doing anything racist then, because they obviously didn't want the bad publicity.
Secondly, companies or people aren't racist because it is silly to be racist over such a little thing. Uh-huh. People are only ever racist if it is something big. Like where someone can go to the bathroom. Or where your kids go to school.
Thirdly, is your premise that there is no such thing as racism? If so, you should put it out there! You would have many people supporting you! As for me, from my experience if someone believes racism doesn't exist they will never be able to see it even if it hits them in the face (rather, if it hits someone else in the face).
And people said my comments were off-topic? Yikes.

Last edited by Markie; Jan 5, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jasonvr
So I got one suite upgrade extended (I see an expiration date of 2/2024 in my account) and a measly 2k points for my club awards which they essentially say are worthless to me anyways. I guess I have to push back on the points. Have others gotten more than one suite upgrade extended?
Was your Suite Upgrade supposed to be expired on 12/31/21 or 2/28/22?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Was your Suite Upgrade supposed to be expired on 12/31/21 or 2/28/22?
12/31/2021 - They were my extended awards from 2020. I only managed to hit 44 nights in 2021 so I made Glob but got no new suite upgrades.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
There's no "yet again" here. I re-qualified for 2021 on, I believe, March 1, 2020.
I was referring to the fact that Hilton just extend everyone status again for 2022, regardless of what they achieved in 2021, which I believed is what you would have wanted. Alas, that wasn't the case with Hyatt.

All of these bantering back and forth would be moot point anyway if those so-called Hyatt hotels are now open for 2022 and you can quickly regain Globalist by March?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by granstagna
All of these bantering back and forth would be moot point anyway if those so-called Hyatt hotels are now open for 2022 and you can quickly regain Globalist by March?
That was the hope, but I already had a 15-night stay starting Jan. 10 canceled, so I'm not optimistic about February.

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Ugg. I emailed my concierge about my expiring club awards and suite upgrade awards indicating that I knew people that were offered 3k per club award. The response I got back:

I've only seen two or three examples, and none without a lot of pushing.

Welcome to the new World of Hyatt.

Last edited by Markie; Jan 5, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:41 am

My data point: Globalist since 2015 with 38 nights in 2021. Called concierge line on 12/31 (MHC was out of the office). I had 4 Club awards and 4 suite night awards expiring 12/31. The concierge who answered offered to extend the expiration on 2 of my 4 TSUs, which I accepted, and offered 500 points per club award. I pushed back, saying I know others received 3000 each, and she said that information was not true. She likened that info to a "game of telephone". I asked if there was another number I could call to pursue further and she put me on hold and came back and offered 1000 per award. I accepted since I was worried that after expiration I might get nothing. Later I got through on the website chat function and explained I was only offered 1000 vs. the 3000 others got and they told me that after I accepted the offer they cannot grant any additional compensation. I asked if the points had already been added to my account and she could see that they had been.

On the original call with the concierge line, I asked them to look into my husband's account. He is Explorist because of Chase card with few if any nights stayed in 2021. She added 4000 points to his account for his expiring club awards, matching my offer. He had a Cat 1-4 award expiring 12/31, originally earned from a Chase spending promotion in late 2020. She added 10k points to his account for the expiring cert.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Emailed my concierge December 26th asking if there was anything I could do about the expiring awards and she got back to me a two or three days later saying there was nothing she could do, but I should call in the New Year and talk to customer care.

Well great news, I called today and customer care gave me 20K for my expired Cat1-7 award and they exchanged my 3 unused suite upgrades for 1 that doesn't expire for over a year! I think that is a fair trade and very happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.