Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:03 pm

Do they have connecting rooms?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Morkai
Does this hotel now assist with restaurant reservations? I contacted the Amex concierge because I did not believe the Hyatt would assist from the comments I read here, and they sent me an email with a "Hyatt Place Kyoto reservation consent form" that requires adding your credit card like hotels with dedicated concierges. They asked me to send the form to the Hyatt Place Kyoto directly and then let them know when I had done so.
Hi,I will be staying at this hotel in June. I am wondering if you were able to get them make restaurant reservations for you or did you ended up having to go through Amex? Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Alinsfca
Hi,I will be staying at this hotel in June. I am wondering if you were able to get them make restaurant reservations for you or did you ended up having to go through Amex? Thanks.
I heard back from Hyatt Place. They don’t do restaurant reservations. They recommend myconcierge Japan which charges a 10% non refundable fee😩
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:38 pm

Yeah, if you want to go to good restaurants and need help making reservations (which is extremely common) this hotel is useless for that. So you will either have to abandon that or find another path to those places or go to places that aren't reservation based. A possibly worthy trade at like 13000 yen a night but not at say, 30 40k.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Mariott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Very solid for Hyatt Place, probably as good as it gets. Wish they didn't use such razor thin toiler paper though xD

Last edited by immaculatedx; Apr 3, 2024 at 1:32 am
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:37 am
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
good value stay at hyatt place kyoto with points

Family of 4 plus infant (grandparents and parents of) stayed in 2 rooms for 3 nights here. Rooms are quite small (and as I asked for a quiet non-mainstreet facing room we got moved to one of the smallest possible rooms with a King bed) but functional. Good blackout curtains and shower pressure with a comfortable mattress. Lighting was hard to figure out at first (woke early and wanted to shower but couldn't get bathroom light on without turning on main lights too, finally figured out our suitcase was blocking the switch that controlled this!). The hotel was completely full when we stayed (sakura season) and the lobby was always crowded and we usually had to wait to use the coffee machines. We didn't bother with the buffet breakfast but it seemed popular. The laundry room was equally busy, but we were able to snag two machines one afternoon to get our clothes washed (the dryer was barely functional however) which was very nice. For those with a lot of luggage, as we were (4 suitcases, a pack n play and a stroller) it was helpful to learn that the elevator is at exit 5 in the subway (the stairs up to the hotel was a hassle coming in. The elevator exit is a block away and across the street to the left if looking out from the front of the hotel. The subway was extremely convenient (hotel was on top of it) and there were bus lines nearby as well. We walked to many places from the hotel and there were many convenience stores and a coop nearby. Kyoto station was an easy connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.