Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2023, 11:05 am

Any idea what they are charging for breakfast now that it is not included in the room rate? My recent booking noted in the reservation email that: "HYATT PLACE FREE BREAKFAST POLICY IS NOT INCLUDED AT HYATT PLACE KYOTO, WHICH THE ARRIVE MADE FROM AUGUST 1ST 2023"
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:41 pm

Wow. I mean, isn't breakfast supposed to be a part of the brand? It is of course, just "except" at an increasing list of "exempt" properties. Just ridiculous. More and more and more of this kind of BS and Hyatt allows it. Just like hotels being "exempt" from dsu, including random hotels in middle America. Increasingly, Hyatt benefits are the best...unless we just don't feel like giving you the benefits or honoring them. Cue the apologism for this greed in 3, 2, 1...

Wasn't terribly blown away by this hotel to begin with when I stayed there and I would (should?) still get breakfast as a globalist but just isn't the kind of attitude I want.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 4:03 pm

I'm glad to know about this change. I had been debating moving my reservation from PH to HP and the free breakfast was a nice bonus to the points savings. Now it's just points, and I'm thinking I'll stick with my original plan.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 5:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
was going to recommend this to a friend ... forget about it!
Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by JerLon
Any idea what they are charging for breakfast now that it is not included in the room rate? My recent booking noted in the reservation email that: "HYATT PLACE FREE BREAKFAST POLICY IS NOT INCLUDED AT HYATT PLACE KYOTO, WHICH THE ARRIVE MADE FROM AUGUST 1ST 2023"
I can’t find anything about this policy change on the website or when trying to make a dummy booking. Do you know if there’s anything about this posted publicly from the hotel online?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:15 pm

When I stayed there in April this year, their policy was WoH members get free breakfast, which basically means everyone, as anyone can join on the spot.

Has the new policy been restated to specify that nobody gets free breakfast?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:42 pm

If you read the Hyatt page for the HP brand, it mentions the hotels that don't honor the "brand benefit" of free breakfast. Kyoto is right up there along with several other hotels that for whatever reason just don't feel like being held to honor the benefits. Just like all the random hotels that say, yeah we're going to pass on suite upgrades, or random hotels that say yeah we're a "resort" so we don't feel like giving late checkout, or now the "room upgrades don't mean more expensive rooms, they mean whatever room we determine based on non existent criteria from minute to minute", or hotels that say yeah we're going to pass on award nights by artificially creating new categories or absurd 2 week minimums, or hotels that say yeah, we're going to pass on having any nights at all be anything but "peak" award cost (if everything is peak, is anything?). Amazing the BS that so many customers tolerate and accept and even more insane, defend on behalf of the corporate greed.

I love how more and more hotels are saying, well we want all the perks and business that affiliation with a brand loyalty program brings us but uhhh we just don't really like giving anything in exchange so yeah we're going to take all those extra customers for sure but we're going to pass on honoring any of the benefits for them that come with that affiliation. And of course Hyatt increasingly just says, of course of course whatever you want... filthy customers, we could make so much money if they'd just stop expecting things like honoring commitments and terms.

Using this hotel in particular, it can keep it's mediocre breakfast and it's unpleasant and useless staff. It was and is only a satisfactory option if pricing makes it unavoidably attractive vis a vis the other Hyatt options and then only if Hyatt is the only/preferred option. So far having stayed at all the Hyatt in Kyoto, the regency remains my favorite choice.

Last edited by antonius66; Aug 7, 2023 at 12:49 pm
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
If you read the Hyatt page for the HP brand, it mentions the hotels that don't honor the "brand benefit" of free breakfast.
Can you provide a link to this page? I don't see anything like that here.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:29 pm

https://www.hyatt.com/brands/hyatt-p..._brandexplorer

wilywombat likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What the heck? So Globalists don't get free breakfasts as well?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
What the heck? So Globalists don't get free breakfasts as well?
That is not what that means...

Regards
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
That is not what that means...

Regards
So what's the answer then? I ain't staying if I don't get free breakfast and 4 PM check out!
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:18 pm

No, it means that all guests no longer get free breakfast, because that was supposedly part of the HP brand revamp standard a few years ago. So you do get it because it is a stated Globalist benefit, unless of course you don't get it because they choose to ignore it.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
No, it means that all guests no longer get free breakfast, because that was supposedly part of the HP brand revamp standard a few years ago. So you do get it because it is a stated Globalist benefit, unless of course you don't get it because they choose to ignore it.
I thought I read somewhere that HPs outside of North America don't have to offer free breakfast?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:39 pm

Well as far as I can tell the brand page just says "wake up to free breakfast" and does not say anything about "wake up to free breakfast...within north america only" but honestly, who knows anymore.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.