Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 19, 2020, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

Planned for 2021.

https://goo.gl/maps/fkvwLL6ijj2VQKBMA

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00...000008031.html
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Just what we need; another hotel in Kyoto . Hyatt needs to up their game in the rest of Japan. They have fallen so far behind after Marriott's recent expansion.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Stated location is near Kyoto Gyoen (about a block and half south of the southwestern corner).
Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by porphyra
Just what we need; another hotel in Kyoto . Hyatt needs to up their game in the rest of Japan. They have fallen so far behind after Marriott's recent expansion.
I imagine that you are being sarcastic, but in fact we DO need another points hotel in Kyoto that isn't ridiculously overpriced. Kyoto of all places is somewhere where you don't spend a lot of time in your hotel room, so paying for a Park Hyatt or Suiran / Ritz Carlton doesn't work for many.

And apart from the new hotels in Nikko and Nara, I'm not aware of Marriott expanding in Japan.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I imagine that you are being sarcastic, but in fact we DO need another points hotel in Kyoto that isn't ridiculously overpriced. Kyoto of all places is somewhere where you don't spend a lot of time in your hotel room, so paying for a Park Hyatt or Suiran / Ritz Carlton doesn't work for many.

And apart from the new hotels in Nikko and Nara, I'm not aware of Marriott expanding in Japan.
I do mean the expansions from the last 2-3 years as well. Other than the 4 new adds in Tokyo (which I am not adding), they added five rebranded hotels at Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Biwako), Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Nanki-Shirahama), Fuji Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Yamanakako), Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji (formerly Laforet Shuzenji) and Karuizawa Marriott Hotel (formerly Laforet Naka-Karuizawa), all in great locations that are not Kyoto.

Hyatt's Kanazawa adds are great but wish there would be more in the pipeline.

Marriott has the following opening soon/recently opened/converted (and given the majority of fairfields - will offer hopefully reasonable rates)
  • Fairfield Kyoto Kyotamba
  • Fairfield Gifu Seiryu Satoyama
  • Fairfield Gifu Gujo
  • Fairfield Tochigi Motegi
  • Mitsui Kyoto
  • Fairfield Mie Mihama
  • Fairfield Gifu Mino
  • Fairfield Kyoto Miyazu
  • Fairfield Osaka Namba
  • Moxy Osaka Shin Umeda
  • Fairfield Marriott Sapporo
  • Fairfield Tochigi Utsunomiya
lsquare and craigthemif like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Looks like the opening is rescheduled for spring 2022

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ce-kyoto/kyozk
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:50 pm

Was reviewing various Hyatts for a potential trip in late 2022 or 2023. It would seem that the hotel homepage has been updated with some room & building renderings. Also curiously, when searching the Hyatt website on Kyoto with today's date there is a tiny blurb on the Hyatt Place that says Temporarily suspended operations. Resuming operations expected Apr 8, 2022. Not certain if it should be taken as the opening date, or as something else like the date they intend to resume working on the hotel...
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by illico
Was reviewing various Hyatts for a potential trip in late 2022 or 2023. It would seem that the hotel homepage has been updated with some room & building renderings. Also curiously, when searching the Hyatt website on Kyoto with today's date there is a tiny blurb on the Hyatt Place that says Temporarily suspended operations. Resuming operations expected Apr 8, 2022. Not certain if it should be taken as the opening date, or as something else like the date they intend to resume working on the hotel...
I can't find where you saw a specific date for this. There do seem to be a lot of broken links on this site, so perhaps the ongoing Omicron breakout has caused them to rethink this date.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I can't find where you saw a specific date for this. There do seem to be a lot of broken links on this site, so perhaps the ongoing Omicron breakout has caused them to rethink this date.
perhaps. Since I am in North America, the Hyatt website defaults to my time zone. Here it is still Thursday but in Japan it is Friday. It lets me search on my time which is already past due. this is what I get.
\
hailstorm likes this.

Last edited by illico; Jan 27, 2022 at 5:22 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by illico
perhaps. Since I am in North America, the Hyatt website defaults to my time zone. Here it is still Thursday but in Japan it is Friday. It lets me search on my time which is already past due. this is what I get.
\
Okay, I can only see that when I use the app. From the wording of the Japanese version, it seems like they might have been accepting reservations from then at one point.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:12 pm

They are accepting reservations and the point chart is working. I have my reservations at PH and HR for next march - but if the reviews are good, I'd consider switching.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by katstarr
They are accepting reservations and the point chart is working. I have my reservations at PH and HR for next march - but if the reviews are good, I'd consider switching.
The base rooms seem pretty basic and a bit small at 25 m2, but with rates starting at less than 12,000 yen ++ and the excellent access to public transportation, this looks like an excellent option for someone whose main purpose is to tour the sites in Kyoto and only needs a comfortable place to sleep. At the very least it will stop people from considering HR Osaka as a base for touring Kyoto.

But seeing the low rates, it does not look like a great place for using points, at least right now. It is not impossible that the rates will jump considerably when Japan reopens to foreign tourists.
not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Excellent location especially given the pricing! I only worry about the quality of noise insulation given that the hotel will be facing quite a busy street. We were always burning points on Ritz to be on this side of the city due to some great restaurants so this is a viable cash alternative. If you are in the neighborhood I can wholeheartedly recommend Ryoriya Stephan Pantel, Kiyama, Tagawa, Koke, Nonkiya mune, and Sake Bar Yoramu. I wonder though if they would be as helpful with reservations as the Ritz (we don't speak much Japanese). I agree that the rates most likely will go up once (hopefully soon) Japan reopens to tourists.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:14 pm

Appears bookable through the end of July. Hopefully they open the rest of the year soon so I can lock in the reasonable cash rates that are available now.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Appears bookable through the end of July. Hopefully they open the rest of the year soon so I can lock in the reasonable cash rates that are available now.
I think a bigger problem than availability these days is being able to actually get to Japan. I kind of lost hope that they will open prior to Covid going fully endemic which could be another year or so (give or take b/c the lack of endemicity exactly implies impossibility of predicting this).
not2017 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.